X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

I accept that Aces & Eights isnt going anywhere. I dont particularly like it, but the company is doing well, and they are going to see it through. I find A&8 far less insulting than magical urns & Hornswoggle & bad Alberto Del Rio "comedy" sketches.

WWE has nothing going on right now that I give a single fuck about or care about seeing. When Fandango is the highlight of the show, well, that says it all. I dont like the WrestleMania card at all. The build has done nothing for me.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
      That just makes me miss when TNA had a strong undercard. You had someone like Styles as the X champ and then you had guys vying for it like Petey, Sabin, Shelley, and Lethal. Spotty guys, admittedly, but they all had strong in-ring work. Petey and AJ had a couple great matches. Any combo of them usually produced good matches. Even throw in quintessential spot monkey Sonjay Dutt, and while not great matches, were certainly entertaining.
      Back then, the rest of the show was Russo throwing a pile of shit at the wall with the show moving 100 mph and Don West/Mike Tenay screaming their heads off.

Today, while it's not perfect or even necessarily great, it's LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than what they'd been doing for years. It's a start.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        I accept that Aces & Eights isnt going anywhere. I dont particularly like it, but the company is doing well, and they are going to see it through. I find A&8 far less insulting than magical urns & Hornswoggle & bad Alberto Del Rio "comedy" sketches.

WWE has nothing going on right now that I give a single fuck about or care about seeing. When Fandango is the highlight of the show, well, that says it all. I dont like the WrestleMania card at all. The build has done nothing for me.
        The WWE has to fill in what...8 hours of TV per week, plus monthly PPVs?

In that 8 hours, you will have plenty of shit thrown in. Not exactly comparing apples to apples.

I still think NXT is the best they got...Vince doesn't even know it exists...which is great. If you gave me NXT + a condensed hour of the best the WWE offered in one week > Most wrestling episodic television.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Comment

• s@ppisgod
            No longer a noob
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by EmpireWF
            Back then, the rest of the show was Russo throwing a pile of shit at the wall with the show moving 100 mph and Don West/Mike Tenay screaming their heads off.

Today, while it's not perfect or even necessarily great, it's LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than what they'd been doing for years. It's a start.
            Yeah, I don't miss Don West on commentary at all. Or changing camera angles every 3 seconds. Literally. But why does it have to be an either/or scenario? Can't they have both a clear, well paced direction AND a decent undercarriage given time to have a good match? It seems like they'd go hand-in-hand.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

RE: WWE claiming between 2-4 million homes will purchase a WWE Network at somewhere between $12-$16:

As noted, their studies, which seem flawed, claim that 51% of the homes in the U.S. have one WWE fan, and that in Mexico, that would be 79%, in Canada that would be 58%, in the U.K. that would be 48%, in India that would be 78%, in South Korea that would be 63%, in Germany that would be 51%, in Australia that would be 55% and in New Zealand that would be 44%. The India number is crazy because in discussing that subject with people from India, they say almost nobody even knows pro wrestling, and those that do, know Dara Singh. There is definitely a very small percentage people who are avid WWE fans. When TNA ran Ring Ka King, the reaction from Jeff Jarrett was similar, in the sense a very small percentage of people knew WWE and to most people, they had never seen American style pro wrestling and what they knew when Ring Ka King started was more the South African group that was on network television before Ring Ka King. It was noted to us that if 51% of the homes in Germany have WWE fans, how come the highest rated WWE TV show each week does 110,000 viewers in a country with a population of 82 million? It was also asked that with 3.5 million homes in the country having PPV capability, how come WWE PPV shows in Germany usually do less than 8,000 buys?

The claim is nine percent of U.S. homes (10,300,000 homes) have a passionate WWE fan in them. But how can that be when only 3,313,000 homes tuned into Raw this week? They claimed another 28,550,000 homes have a casual fan or fans, and 20,550,000 homes have a lapsed fan. They claimed similar stats like that for the other countries listed.
              LOL.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                The look in the Undertaker's eyes has me out of my seat LOL'ing.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                  War Hero
                  • May 2012

Am I the only one who thinks its bad for business to have the "WWE badass" beat an actually UFC badass?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                    Am I the only one who thinks its bad for business to have the "WWE badass" beat an actually UFC badass?
                    I LOL, because H's is in no way a badass in real life. Dude looks like Tarzan...but surely, kind of a pussy.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                      War Hero
                      • May 2012

Stefan Struve would beat the shit out of HHH.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                        Am I the only one who thinks its bad for business to have the "WWE office geek" beat an actually UFC badass?
                        Fixed.

Still, doesn't matter one way or the other. They'll build Brock back up as a bad ass the night after and yada yada yada. Rinse, cycle, repeat.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                          War Hero
                          • May 2012

Pretty cool animation.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                              War Hero
                              • May 2012

The unstoppable overexposed man in yellow is here, brother.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                                War Hero
                                • Dec 2009

I don't think ryback can physically put mark henry on his shoulders

Comment

Working...