X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FedEx227
    Delivers
    • Mar 2009

I'm not a Pearce fan either but it always baffled me that he was still toiling about in the indies despite having a lot of the things the major promotions love.

Also it's another Chicago guy in the fold, so can't be too upset. He trained at the same time as Jay Bradley, Colt Cabana and CM Punk.
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      If TNA doesn't sign up Adam Pearce immediately, I have no idea wtf is going on with their scouting.

I'm not even a Pearce fan...but he deserves a shot at TV. He can cut a promo, that is for sure. He's not for me in the ring, but he's a helluva lot better than half of TNA's roster.
      This is the same company that sent Brian Cage packing, and is wishy washy on Ivalisse. Meanwhile, they went like 4 or 5 straight Gut Checks signing everybody. Who knows what they are thinking.

Comment

• SuperKevin
        War Hero
        • Dec 2009

I love that Gut Check now features two hopefuls instead of one

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          This is the same company that sent Brian Cage packing, and is wishy washy on Ivalisse. Meanwhile, they went like 4 or 5 straight Gut Checks signing everybody. Who knows what they are thinking.
          Then again, WWE cut Cage & Ivalisse too, so maybe im the crazy one.

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

What's funny is, they went a good 5-6 Gut Checks using some real bums, and two of them (Sam Shaw and Alex Silva) are going to be bums...the chick (Taeler Hendrix was already in OVW and will be Knockout for them). They also used it to push a program...Joey Ryan and Wes Brisco.

Then they caught lightening in a bottle with Christian York and realized...damn, lets use better guys for this segment.

Brian Cage, Jay Bradley, Ivelisse, Lady Barbarian, Adam Pearce, and Magno make some of those mooks look really bad by comparison (Shaw and Silva especially, as well as some of those bums they said no, too like the Greek kid).

Gut Check could actually be a good use of segment to start getting developmental built up. For a while there OVW had Rob Terry, Crimson, and Jessie Godderz and that was about it.

TNA now has Douglas Williams working with the talent down there more. The British Gut Check winners. Cliff Compton works down there a lot. Getting better...slowly...but better.

IMO though, I'd bring in Adam Pearce and see what he can do. I think he's put in his time to see if he can get over on TV.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Then again, WWE cut Cage & Ivalisse too, so maybe im the crazy one.
                I haven't really even liked Cage until very recently...and even then, he's alright.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  I haven't really even liked Cage until very recently...and even then, he's alright.
                  His look alone should be enough. But his athleticism puts him over the top.

I was listening to Dr Tom Prichard who came on with Alvarez & Meltzer, and he said Cage was doing great, but had a bad match with a guy who didn't know how to take his offense. Of course, that was the match that got sent to Stanford, and the wrong people saw it (I think he said Laurinaitis), and he got labeled as sloppy. Also said the wrong people didn't like his attitude, but said personally he thought he was a good kid.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                    War Hero
                    • May 2012

His look alone should be enough. But his athleticism puts him over the top.

I was listening to Dr Tom Prichard who came on with Alvarez & Meltzer, and he said Cage was doing great, but had a bad match with a guy who didn't know how to take his offense. Of course, that was the match that got sent to Stanford, and the wrong people saw it (I think he said Laurinaitis), and he got labeled as sloppy. Also said the wrong people didn't like his attitude, but said personally he thought he was a good kid.
                    What the hell is that clown Ryback that they keep pushing?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                      What the hell is that clown Ryback that they keep pushing?
                      I don't know if you are familiar with Cage, but he does some pretty athletic stuff for a musclehead. So i'm sure he did some wacky stuff that whoever he was working with didn't know how to sell, and when you do wacky "indie/jap shit" in that company, it better be crisp or they say you can't work. For example, that's what happened to Punk early on when he was doing his KENTA knock off act, only half as crisp as KENTA. He was labelled as not being able to work and spent forever in OVW, and then forever in ECW after he only got the call because Heyman begged for it.

Anyway, Prichard even said that he knew doing those types of moves against the kid he was in there with was a mistake that he warned him about, but Cage didn't listen. And it just so happened that the match was one that people up north ended up seeing. Prichard was saying that they would randomly ask for tapes, so it was kind of luck of the draw in terms of what matches they saw. He said Cage was unlucky because they saw the shittiest match he had.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

lol...only the finish, but...

Matt Sydal vs. El Generico in FCW

Comment

• SuperKevin
                          War Hero
                          • Dec 2009

He botched the shit out of that landing

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

WWE Shop is having a big sale on DVDs.

AWA
                            World Class
                            Jake Roberts
                            Hogan Unleashed
                            Rise and Fall of ECW
                            ECW Bloodsport
                            Macho Man
                            Bret Hart
                            Road Warriors
                            Roddy Piper
                            Four Horsemen
                            Brian Pillman
                            Mr. Perfect ($8)
                            The Rock ($8)
                            The Epic Journey of Dwayne The Rock Johnson ($8)

All worth every penny.

All are $5 unless marked. Tons of good docs, TONS of good matches...if you don't own some of those, you should pick'em up.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

TNA logo on the ladders? LOL.

Awesomely tacky.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                                War Hero
                                • Dec 2009

fuck i forgot that shit was on tonight

Comment