X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

I watched that entire Impact, and there were three matches, one of which was a squash, one of which was a women's match.

One one hand, the pace of the show was better, allowing you to digest things. On the other hand, some of those endless segments could have been matches.

Overall the show was boring but was also one of the least offensive recent Impacts.

I like ECIII.

I'll leave it at that.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
      True Blue
      • Feb 2009

Three-time NFL Pro Bowl and All-Pro selection Shawne Merriman is looking to enter the world of professional wrestling after retiring from the National Football League in March at the age of 28. He participated in a multi-day tryout this week at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

Over/under on torn tricep within two months of training?
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

I can't believe he's only 28. I would have guessed 35.

Comment

• BigBiss
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
            We aren't even criticizing them anymore though, we're just throwing out inside jokes and über-sarcastic backhanded compliments.
            so we have become wrestling hipsters?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              I watched that entire Impact, and there were three matches, one of which was a squash, one of which was a women's match.

One one hand, the pace of the show was better, allowing you to digest things. On the other hand, some of those endless segments could have been matches.

Overall the show was boring but was also one of the least offensive recent Impacts.

I like ECIII.

I'll leave it at that.
              The first segment with Dixie, AJ, Bubba, and Anderson went on for like 35 minutes.

Comment

• TheImmortalGoud
                No longer a noob
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
                Three-time NFL Pro Bowl and All-Pro selection Shawne Merriman is looking to enter the world of professional wrestling after retiring from the National Football League in March at the age of 28. He participated in a multi-day tryout this week at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.
                For some reason I always thought he would give wrestling a shot. Not sure why.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                  War Hero
                  • Dec 2009

Shawne Merriman is a Vince McMahon wet dream. Will be the top black guy in the company within 3 years from now

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Leftwich
                    What is there to discuss. Its a fucking trainwreck.
                    It's Bobby Roode, Austin Aries and a whole load of crap.

EDIT: Bubba's performance has surprised me, but many who only see wrestling in terms of WWE will only see him as a tag team guy.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

After seeing Liger & the New Japan crew live last week, I was making a list of all time great wrestlers i've seen and classic cards that i've been to in my life for a potential VOW article, and came across this awesome & topical video from the 2009 King of Trios:

This was the last Chikara show I went to, a few nights before I moved to Texas.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

TNA had access to The Young Bucks, Jay Lethal, Roderick Strong, Tanahashi, Okada, Naito, Volador Jr, Takahashi, among others 4 years ago. And they essentially traded it all in for Hulk Hogan and Eric Biscoff.

What a piece of work that company is.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            TNA had access to The Young Bucks, Jay Lethal, Roderick Strong, Tanahashi, Okada, Naito, Volador Jr, Takahashi, among others 4 years ago. And they essentially traded it all in for Hulk Hogan and Eric Biscoff.

What a piece of work that company is.
                            Relatively speaking, it's a deal that's about 10 times worse than Glenn Davis for Schilling, Finley and Harnisch.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

So, CM Skunk was on Smackdown...was CP Munk not available?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Meltzer flat out said on tonights audio that TNA is for sale, and that there are potential buyers looking at it. He said people are going to get on him for saying it, but that he knows for a fact that the Carter's want out.

Alvarez asked if Bischoff is in the mix, and Meltzer said he wouldn't be surprised at all, provided he could find backers.

Comment

Working...