X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    It really does come off awkward & unnatural.

There is a noticeable difference between the people on the roster from the "outside", and the people who are entirely products of the WWE. I think as the years pass, your going to have a roster full of in house produced Darren Young's & JoJo's and a serious lack of world traveled pros.

I don't know if you noticed in the first clip, there is a shot of Dave Taylor, and he has this look on his face like "what the fuck is this shit, let's just get in the ring and let me stretch these fools for a few hours".

I think the "Performance Center" (by the way, that name really irks me...they have to put their own spin on everything...it can't just be the "WWE Training School" or something similar, that's too "wrasslin" like) should really just be in ring. Since they don't like wrestling promos anyway and want these people to be B-level actors, send them to legitimate acting schools for the other stuff, as the training will be a thousand percent better than Dave Taylor & Byron Whateverhisnameis overseeing this cheesy shit.
    You want guys to learn promos...have'em watch Dusty Rhodes promos a million times and then just have Dusty there to tell them "I had no ideas what I was sayin, you feel me baby? Just let it flow, daddy!" Then have them watch another million Ric Flair promos and have Ric Flair tell them "I don't know what I was saying, but I've got a funny story that happened after that..."

Having these guys take part in daily, terrible "drama classes" comes off as really removed from whatever the fuck the rasslin business is. You're either a good promo or you're not...how many guys ever really improved their promo significantly...Eddie? And lets be honest...who in the WWE is allowed to do real promos anyway? There are like 8 guys. Cena, Punk, H's, Orton, Big Show, Kane, Heyman, and Stephanie...throw in The Rock when he is there and The Undertaker (who doesn't say anything anyway) and those are the only guys that get carte blanche with the mic. Maybe you throw in Bryan, but he just got that privilege like 3 months ago. But seriously, no one is given a live mic these days, nevermind given a live mic without a script...almost no one gets that outside of a select few so I a not sure how setting Solomon Crowe up for a promo package helps anyone, ever.

And nevermind having the women doing it...I mean, seriously, when was the last time a chick got a live mic...AJ...and then before that? Never?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Daniel Bryan wants to name his finisher one of the following...

- The Yes Strike
      - The Bearded Wizard
      - Little-Big-Man Knee
      - The Aberdeen Face Buster
      - The Washington Wizard

It'll be called the YES Strike because the WWE is gay like that. But I can't be the only one that thinks The Aberdeen Face Buster is by far the best name.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Daniel Bryan wants to name his finisher one of the following...

- The Yes Strike
        - The Bearded Wizard
        - Little-Big-Man Knee
        - The Aberdeen Face Buster
        - The Washington Wizard

It'll be called the YES Strike because the WWE is gay like that. But I can't be the only one that thinks The Aberdeen Face Buster is by far the best name.
        Some of these are so WWE like and uncreative. You're right, it'll be YES Strike, which is awful.

Comment

• Leftwich
          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Call me biased but i would love The Washington Wizard.

Originally posted by Tailback U
          It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

HOW HAS THIS ELUDED ME FOR 30+ YEARS?!?!?!

I'm in tears.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

He has the voice of an angel.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

PTP vs "The Fabulous 3Birds" match cut from Smackdown because JBL & Cole completely lose it.

Apparently neither one of them know who Terry Gordy is. Cole is completely lost, he doesn't know Jimmy Garvin either. Then they just start ribbing on Hayes, with JBL talking about potato shots and asking "Where's the fany pack?"

Surprised it even made the website, great stuff.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  http://www.wwe.com/videos/the-fabulo...-2013-26165900

PTP vs "The Fabulous 3Birds" match cut from Smackdown because JBL & Cole completely lose it.

Apparently neither one of them know who Terry Gordy is. Cole is completely lost, he doesn't know Jimmy Garvin either. Then they just start ribbing on Hayes, with JBL talking about potato shots and asking "Where's the fany pack?"

Surprised it even made the website, great stuff.
                  JBL made the "Sad Street" terri-pun 5 times.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                    Everything Burns...
                    • Nov 2008

new interview with Chad Dukes, Cody Rhodes noted that he paid to have the white Intercontinental Title, currently held by Big E Langston, brought back. He said:

"You have no idea how difficult that was to get the IC Title, the white IC Title, which Big E Langston is now our new Intercontinental Champion and that was such a cool thing for him, to see that and see it still around. It makes me feel happy because that was such a pain to get done. Not many people know this; I paid for the title to be recreated. I was refunded, heavily refunded, but I paid to show it to the man and say, “Listen, this will get a reaction, that you might not think it will and here’s why,” you know? And I’m very happy to see it still in existence."

such a sexy belt....too bad its the jobber title now

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

TNA spoliers:

They taped things that may be out of order, but it was stuff taped mostly for the 11/28 and 12/5 shows. It looks like the TNA title tournament finals, Jeff Hardy vs. Magnus, will be taped tonight in Orlando.

Rockstar Spud debuted as Dixie Carter's new assistant. This would be on the show that airs next week because there were a lot of Thanksgiving references.

Ethan Carter III b Curry Man

In the TNA tournament semifinals:

Jeff Hardy b Bobby Roode in a tables match in one semifinal

Gail Kim b Ontario wrestler Cherry Bomb in her challenge

Magnus b Kurt Angle in a last man standing match in the other semifinal. What is the difference between a Florida death match and a last man standing match?

Kurt Angle and Bobby Roode are both feuding over their elliminations. On the 12/19 episode of Impact Angle vs. Roode will take place in a two of three fall match.

Notes on tonight's TNA tapings from Orlando. It's not clear when this stuff will air but it's expected to be either on 12/5 or 12/12.

The Jeff Hardy vs. Magnus world title tournament finals were not taped.

A segment was taped where Daniels & Kazarian came out to reveal the truth about Joseph Park. Park asks them not to and that they've won the battle. There was a video of them in Chicago where it comes out that Park, Park and Park, the law firm, closed down 13 years ago and that he is not an attorney. They beat up Park and Eric Young made the save. This set up a match later.

In a tag title match, Robbie E & Jessie Godderz b James Storm & Gunner via DQ. More problems with Storm and Gunner as Storm had the match won when Gunner got DQ'd. Zema Ion is a new member and corner man of the Bro Mans.

Ethan Carter III b Earl Hebner. Brian Hebner was ordered to referee and Carter told Earl to just lay down and be pinned and told Brian to count the pin.

Austin Aries b Chris Sabin clean to win the X title

Gail Kim & Le'd Tapa were beating down ODB when Madison Rayne, as a babyface, returned to make the save.

Park & Young b Daniels & Kazarian. Park was bleeding and pinned Kazarian with the black hole slam. Young admitted after the match that Park and Abyss were the same person.

Ethan Carter III was to face Jeremy Borash. Sting came out and talked about how Carter has been avoiding any real opponents and told Carter he would either have to face him or go into Feast or Famine. Carter backed down and agreed to go into Fest or Famine.

Feast or Famine had four briefcases, one with a world title contract, one with a tag title contract, one with an X title contract and one with a pink slip.

Guys in were Storm, Gunner, Aries, Samoa Joe, Carter III, Sabin, Curry Man, Norv Fernam, Dewey Barnes, Ion, Chavo Guerrero Jr., and Hernandez. Winning briefcases were Carter, Iion, Chavo and Gunner.

The reveal of what was in the briefcases will likely be at the next set of tapings.

Feast or Famine is back. I love that gimmick. I think the second guy listed as a winner will be the one fired.
                      Last edited by Warner2BruceTD; 11-24-2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                        War Hero
                        • May 2012

Will Impact just put a rocket on Austin Aries back? Impact was great when he was world champ.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

You had a ton of potential finals matchups for the TNA title and yet you give us Jeff Harvey and Magnus.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                            Will Impact just put a rocket on Austin Aries back? Impact was great when he was world champ.
                            He had some momentum, too. Well, whatever momentum amounts to in TNA.

He's really the best thing about that company. His segments & matches are always money.

Well, he's the second best thing now that CURRY MAN is back.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Leo Kruger has dropped the big game hunter gimmick and is now going by the name Adam Rose. He's going to be cut soon.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                                Leo Kruger has dropped the big game hunter gimmick and is now going by the name Adam Rose. He's going to be cut soon.
                                He also cut a real nasty promo towards the company regarding his lack of push compared to the indie darlings.

Comment

Working...