X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s@ppisgod
    No longer a noob
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by FedEx227
    Callahan is already in WWE developmental as Solomon Crowe.

One of the top names is one they actually had in for a tryout a few weeks back and that's Ricochet. What they didn't see in this guy, I'll never know. Superstar look, best high-flyer in the world (sorry Kota) and sure he can't talk but he's not the dirt worst.
    Thats what I hate about WWE developmental. I always forget guys are the because their generic ass name generator just mashes them all together. I had the same problem with Consequences Creed for the longest. I've heard the name Solomon Crowe 1,000 times, and almost never associated it with Callihan.

Ricochet was discussed in the thread not too long ago. I haven't got a clue why they wouldn't sign him. But would he go to TNA? They very rarely make themselves seem like a viable option. It seems like solid guys only go there now when they've done everything else there is to do and the WWE flat out says "we don't want you", then they're boxed into a corner. The Wolves, Aries, and Ryan all were in the same boat.

I agree with Larry about Lethal. He should be a top 10 guy in TNA already.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
      Thats what I hate about WWE developmental. I always forget guys are the because their generic ass name generator just mashes them all together. I had the same problem with Consequences Creed for the longest. I've heard the name Solomon Crowe 1,000 times, and almost never associated it with Callihan.

Ricochet was discussed in the thread not too long ago. I haven't got a clue why they wouldn't sign him. But would he go to TNA? They very rarely make themselves seem like a viable option. It seems like solid guys only go there now when they've done everything else there is to do and the WWE flat out says "we don't want you", then they're boxed into a corner. The Wolves, Aries, and Ryan all were in the same boat.

I agree with Larry about Lethal. He should be a top 10 guy in TNA already.
      Ricochet just returned to Dragon Gate this month, which is quite honestly a better gig for him at this point than TNA. It's a major league promotion and he works every tour. And stateside, it means he works DGUSA & Evolve, plus whatever indie gigs he can scrap together in between (PWG, AAW, etc). And he's being pushed as a top guy in DG & DGUSA. If I were him, i'd take one look at TJ Perkins & Kenny King, and stick with Dragon Gate if TNA came calling.

Comment

• SuperKevin
        War Hero
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Kuzzy Powers
        Pretty sure that may be a rebranded Jeff Hardy. He used to be known as Willow The Wisp on the indie scene

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Hardy has said that he has always wanted to do the gimmick on national TV.

Anyway, there is a lot going on in TNA that I genuinely like.

-Samuel Shaw's serial killer routine is pretty great.
          -Spud is phenominal.
          -Wolves have done much better than expected in their speaking roles than I thought they would. They looked great as expected in the ring.
          -MVP seems super motivated and is very good in his role.
          -Joe looks motivated for the first time in YEARS.
          -The Abyss/EY & Sabin/Velvet stories are harmless and inoffensive.
          -Zema Ion really puts the BroMans over the top into something watchable. He's fun.
          -ECIII never disappoints.
          -Bad Influence is always entertaining.
          -Austin Aries is always top notch.

The only stuff I don't like is Dixie, Bobby Roode (who has never and will never be somebody i'm into, I just think he's a bore), and anything with Magnus who is the shits.

The European Impact shows have been entirely watchable. Nothing has been great, but i'm not fast forwarding all that much and only zone out when Roode wrestles or Dixie is talking.

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

ACH of Inspire Pro Wrestling, Ring of Honor, PWG, AAW and well, just about everywhere fame joined us for a wacky interview talking Texas BBQ, NBA 2K14, anime, Whataburger, and at some points wrestling. We talked about ACH’s future wrestling in Texas, Inspire Pro Wrestling’s “Light the Fuse”, differences between working singles and tag-team, the grind of traveling across the country, exposure in Ring of Honor, his potential return to CHIKARA, why Kevin Steen and Jimmy Jacobs don’t like him and so much more!

ACH of Inspire Pro Wrestling, Ring of Honor, PWG, AAW and well, just about everywhere fame joined us for a wacky interview talking Texas BBQ, NBA 2K14, anime, Whataburger, and at some points wrestling. We talked about ACH's future wrestling in Texas, Inspire Pro Wrestling's "Light the Fuse", differences between working singles and tag-team, the grind of traveling across the country, exposure in Ring of Honor, his potential return to CHIKARA and so much more!
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JimLeavy59
              War Hero
              • May 2012

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                Pretty sure that may be a rebranded Jeff Hardy. He used to be known as Willow The Wisp on the indie scene
                Its definitely Hardy, but WTF none the less.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                  Beautiful Like Moses
                  • Oct 2008

We noted before that it was a Vince McMahon decision to make changes to Big E and Cesaro's name this past week. Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer adds that somebody within WWE thought "Antonio" sounded like the name of a guy who wasn't tough, and that's why he's just being called Cesaro now.
                  Vince gonna Vince.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Over on the Observer board, there was a thread talking about Steve Austin's theory that the current WWE roster is filled with guys who are afraid to be aggressive to try to get themselves over like he did.

Meltzer added this, which I thought was an interesting take on the house show he attended (Cena/Orton tour, so no Bryan if you are wondering):

Austin and I had several e-mails back and forth after I went to the WWE house show over the weekend.

There are a lot of good technicians and the guys are in very good cardiovascular shape for the most part.

The number of guys on the card who aggressively had the drive to work like main eventers?
                    1 - Randy Orton

The number of guys on the card over like main eventers?
                    2- John Cena and Randy Orton

The number of guys who would have cracked the top tier in JCP in 1986?
                    1 - Randy Orton, maybe at a No. 4 heel level
                    2 - John Cena, at a Magnum T.A./Nikita Koloff level
                    3. - Antonio Cesaro, provided he had J.J. or Cornette to talk for him and had Bobby Eaton to oteam with him
                    4 & 5 - Ryback or Big E if Dusty liked them and gave them preferential booking, without it, no

Austin went out there and took it. Yes, they went all the way with him and could have killed him, but everyone is happy with their spot and doesn't step over their spot. Maybe Ziggler would be different but he wasn't on the show.

Whether the fire has been beaten out of them (what the wrestlers say) or they are complacent (what management would say and Jim Ross hints at it all the time, as does Austin), the end result is the same place, just how you view it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Holy fuck, could you imagine a Cesaro/Bobby Eaton tag team w/Cornette?!

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        Over on the Observer board, there was a thread talking about Steve Austin's theory that the current WWE roster is filled with guys who are afraid to be aggressive to try to get themselves over like he did.

Meltzer added this, which I thought was an interesting take on the house show he attended (Cena/Orton tour, so no Bryan if you are wondering):
                        This is an interesting discussion...the answer is probably a mix of both being beaten out of them and complacency.

There have been guys that do get aggressive, but when the brass ring moves and they move to the bottom of the ladder for the umpteenth time, they just mail it in and go "fuck it, at least I'm here getting paid!" and the complacency kicks in. Has happened to countless guys.

They WWE has a way of cooling the hot talent off. A guy finally gets momentum and they just throw water on him. Has happened to Ziggler, Mysterio, Punk, Bryan, Edge, Jericho, Christian, among many others.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Looks like Extreme Tiger & Santana Garrett have signed with TNA.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Kuzzy Powers
                            If I didn't know this was Jeff Hardy, I'd think "This looks awesome...but no way is this anything that is going to last."

Even knowing its Jeff Hardy, I think "This looks awesome...but no way is this anything that is going to last."...

Early prediction...Mordecai of 2014.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                              Looks like Extreme Tiger & Santana Garrett have signed with TNA.
                              Santana Garrett is a cunt.

Comment

• Ravin
                                Dishing the Gino's
                                • Feb 2009

It feels to me like TNA's answer to Bray Wyatt.
                                All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

Working...