This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Sapp, I agree with all of your points except Batista. I'm going to go down with the ship on that one, but they botched his return from the start. It was as a face, not a heel. They immediately put him in a main event spot, which none of us can complain about, because unlike the Rock, Batista is actually working a full schedule including house shows.

I don't have a problem with one of the main event spots, but not THE main event spot for Wrestlemania, and certainly not one where the fans felt it took away from Danielson getting that spot. That's what caused all the heat on Batista to begin with.

Then again, Vince loves big guys like this, and always will, but they can't book them for anything right now. Ryback's booking is ample evidence of that, and the only reason a guy like Brodie is booked well right now is because he is part of a team Vince is pushing. If he was on his own, his ring work would only get him so far.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

They definitely misread the landscape with Batista. And it's not just the vocal "smarks", because he didn't draw ratings after the 6 million for his return, which is the easy number. He was immediately "just another guy".

Fan culture is changing a bit it seems. There is no such thing as "IWC", because this isn't 1996 and everybody has the internet. Kids still have their favorites, but all fans are more savvy than WWE realizes, I think.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        They definitely misread the landscape with Batista. And it's not just the vocal "smarks", because he didn't draw ratings after the 6 million for his return, which is the easy number. He was immediately "just another guy".

Fan culture is changing a bit it seems. There is no such thing as "IWC", because this isn't 1996 and everybody has the internet. Kids still have their favorites, but all fans are more savvy than WWE realizes, I think.
        Putting him in a feud against Del Rio would do that, as well as minimizing his RAW exposure due to the "Boo-tista" heat. It's got to suck to be him right now. Also agree about fan culture, and they might just be starting to realize it.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Why does The Undertaker look older in that picture than he does now in real life?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

I think The Shield should stay together forever, but have moments of tension where they don't get along, just like actual real people do. You could push them as singles while still being aligned, if they see money in one or all of them (clearly they see money in Reigns). It would be a little outside the box, but this is the same company that just tossed PPV in the trash can, so why not?
            They should be a group forever, but they should run with them more as singles.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
              No longer a noob
              • Apr 2011

They painted themselves into a corner with Batista. He was a 2nd rate top face hidden on SD for years, then he was a crybaby in a wheelchair before he left. Then he came back, thrust into the spotlight as Rumble winner? They should have just piggybacked him on a face like Bryan in the Big Show role. Or, ya know, pick up where they left off with him as a heel. But instead they did neither and paired him with Orton who no one really cares about either.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                No longer a noob
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                They should be a group forever, but they should run with them more as singles.
                Not to mention that The Shield is a good brand. They've got a lot of fans, wouldn't surprise me if they moved some merch. Hard to believe they'd move more as individuals...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

You could even have them mixed up as faces & heels, but still loyal to each other.

Reigns can be a face, and when he crosses paths with heel Dean, he could do that "Oh Dean, you're so silly!" face that he's been doing lately when Dean is being Dean.

This is waaay to progressive for WWE though, so forget it. We're fantasy booking.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                    No longer a noob
                    • Apr 2011

They're gonna go the uber-conventional route and break them up and soon. And I just disagree. They, and even the Wyatts to a degree, are cool. Neither will be standing after next year's WM, and a number of those guys are going to turn into JAGs. It's not productive.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                      War Hero
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                      They're gonna go the uber-conventional route and break them up and soon. And I just disagree. They, and even the Wyatts to a degree, are cool. Neither will be standing after next year's WM, and a number of those guys are going to turn into JAGs. It's not productive.
                      Erick Rowan will be future endeavored the minute the Wyatts split up

Comment

• Leftwich
                        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                        Erick Rowan will be future endeavored the minute the Wyatts split up
                        I cant tell you how much i dislike Erick Rowan the wrestler and even more so the person.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                        It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                          War Hero
                          • Dec 2009

If he's not released he'll be repackaged as a horrible Viking gimmick. It's literally the only thing he could pull off

Comment

• BRUCE80
                            Tradition Football
                            • Mar 2009

The Iron Sheik ‏@the_ironsheik 1m
                            Brett Peter Cowan you cocksucker low life piece of shit. You go to get fucked old country way forever. Burn in the hell bitch.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                              If he's not released he'll be repackaged as a horrible Viking gimmick. It's literally the only thing he could pull off
                              Dancing gimmick...

wait for it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Leftwich
                                I cant tell you how much i dislike Erick Rowan the wrestler and even more so the person.
                                wut

Comment

Working...