X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s@ppisgod
    No longer a noob
    • Apr 2011

WWE has the most stacked roster since WCW 98, probably better. Maybe not the marquee names or the number of all-time great workers, but great talent top-to-bottom and unbelievably deep. Really excited to see Devitt. Steen is a total wildcard. The environment now is more suited towards him doing well than it ever has been. But I'm not completely sold on him separating himself from the pack. I mean, look at where Cesaro is now. They put the screws to him, and he's right back in the middle of the card.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
      WWE has the most stacked roster since WCW 98, probably better. Maybe not the marquee names or the number of all-time great workers, but great talent top-to-bottom and unbelievably deep. Really excited to see Devitt. Steen is a total wildcard. The environment now is more suited towards him doing well than it ever has been. But I'm not completely sold on him separating himself from the pack. I mean, look at where Cesaro is now. They put the screws to him, and he's right back in the middle of the card.

WCW 98

Hulk Hogan
      Sting
      The Giant
      Bret Hart
      Ric Flair
      Booker T
      Lex Luger
      Raven
      Scott & Rick Steiner
      DDP
      Fit Finlay
      Randy Savage
      Steven Regal
      Kevin Nash & Scott Hall
      Curt Hennig
      Dave Taylor
      Roddy Piper
      Chris Jericho
      Chavo Guerrero Jr.
      Eddie Guerrero
      Juvie Juice
      Rey Mysterio Jr.
      Psychosis
      Kidman
      La Parka
      Chris Benoit
      Ultimo Dragon
      Syxx
      Yuji Nagata
      Dean Malenko

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Imagine it's 2009 and you see this story:

The Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, Tyler Black and Prince Devitt congratulating and welcoming Kevin Steen to WWE. Plus, something called the WWE Network.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
          No longer a noob
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          WCW 98

Hulk Hogan
          Sting
          The Giant
          Bret Hart
          Ric Flair
          Booker T
          Lex Luger
          Raven
          Scott & Rick Steiner
          DDP
          Fit Finlay
          Randy Savage
          Steven Regal
          Kevin Nash & Scott Hall
          Curt Hennig
          Dave Taylor
          Roddy Piper
          Chris Jericho
          Chavo Guerrero Jr.
          Eddie Guerrero
          Juvie Juice
          Rey Mysterio Jr.
          Psychosis
          Kidman
          La Parka
          Chris Benoit
          Ultimo Dragon
          Syxx
          Yuji Nagata
          Dean Malenko

So loaded. You could make an argument that Flair, Sting, Hart, and Hogan were the 4 biggest wrestlers of the 90's. SCSA and Rock were huge, but didn't really dominate the first half of the decade as these guys did.

And then guys like Malenko, Guerrero, Mysterio, Jericho, Benoit, etc in their prime. Unreal. That just speaks to how deep the WWE's roster is nowadays to be mentioned with that roster. They really have turned a corner the last few years. Their "talent of the future" looked awful between 6-10 years ago, with a few exceptions. They expanded their scope, even with the Mistico signing. Yeah, that was a big bust, but it was still the right move. They've mined the indies very well, and are still picking up solid pieces and true superstars from Japan. It's probably a ploy for more network buys, but it's a good move regardless.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

With the recent addition of Alberto Del Rio and the buzz that Rey Mysterio Jr. is going to be at TripleMania...its sounding like a potential watch. Good #buzz even though AAA kinda sucks.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
              I think Steen would probably settle for getting to Cesaro's level in the WWE.. but I could be wrong about what his expectations are.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                With the recent addition of Alberto Del Rio and the buzz that Rey Mysterio Jr. is going to be at TripleMania...its sounding like a potential watch. Good #buzz even though AAA kinda sucks.
                But I don't think that either can compete, so I don't know what the draw to having them there would be. Mysterio is still under contract, even if he isn't cashing his paychecks. With the many stories of Vince pushing Del Rio for the Latin America crowd, I'm sure he's not letting Mysterio get away.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

So the social media manager that Del Rio had the flap with has had other run-ins with superstars but has the backing of Stephanie. Guess his job is safe

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                    So the social media manager that Del Rio had the flap with has had other run-ins with superstars but has the backing of Stephanie. Guess his job is safe.
                    Meltzer suggested had ADR gone the corporate route, told HR about it, the guy may have been fired. Oh well. It's still the wrasslin business after all.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                      Meltzer suggested had ADR gone the corporate route, told HR about it, the guy may have been fired. Oh well. It's still the wrasslin business after all.
                      As it stands now, both should be fired. The manager isn't a victim in it. Seems like from what is being described, he knows Stephanie is going to protect him. At the very least, if ADR went the corporate route, he would still have a job with WWE.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

WWE held back the Steen announcement for the same day of the Canada Network roll out. They also told Ambrose to stop using the running cannonball to the corner spot, because they want it protected for Steen. They also acknowledged his ROH & PWG title runs on the website.

In other words, they are treating him pretty special. Same for KENTA & Devitt, in terms of recognizing NOAH & New Japan, and introducing them in interviews by those names. Maybe they see these three as potential key cogs for international Network rollout.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

They should be, those guys can move the network subs for them. I think they should have been promoting the hell out of the first NXT special when you had Zayn and Cesaro face off to start the show. They need to acknowledge the independent circuit and it seems they are just starting to do that.

I'm also hearing that WWE has "given up" on the Bo Dallas push

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

There shouldn't be a single Divas match on RAW, Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars, or PPV ever again.

NXT should be the home of all of WWE women's wrestling.

SDR and whoever else is working with them (Finley still?) are doing a great job. Whoever is laying out most of these match should get a raise.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Big Dave in a rare interview, breaking down SummerSlam:

Also, as I type this Jeff & Karen Jarrett are facing flight delays, and are nowhere near Mexico City for TripleMania.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

PWI says Bubba Dudley was saying his goodbyes to people at the TNA show yesterday.

WWE bound (for glory HOF lol)

Comment

Working...