This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

If you believe the early rumors Hs and Vince are split on who takes down Lesnar at wm31. Hs wants it to be Reigns and Vince wants Rock.

Comment

• dave
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
      Dave, what don't you like about Bryan or Ambrose? They can work their asses off, the crowd loves them to death, they're both pretty damn good on the mic. They have it all. Why wouldn't you want either of them over Brock? If Bryan hadn't already been made this WM, I'd have no problem with him getting the rub. Neither of those guys are that much smaller than Angle, who everyone bought against Brock.
      I love both, really, but I hate how they've played Ambrose since The Shield split. He went from that bad-ass Shield attire to Brooklyn Brawler wardrobe. IMO, they've turned him from white-hot to upper midcard since The Shield split, but kept Reigns hot.

But, in both Bryan's and Ambrose's cases, I just don't see them winning a real-life fight over Lesnar ... and that means something.
      My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
        If you believe the early rumors Hs and Vince are split on who takes down Lesnar at wm31. Hs wants it to be Reigns and Vince wants Rock.
        I can see that and I can't at the same time. Rock/Brock again would do amazing business. But I can see Vince having a huge boner for Reigns. They've given him a very big push, and I doubt they'd do that without faith in him from Vince. There's two pretty concrete things about Vince: A) He doesn't care how much money he loses in the short-term and B) He always sees the big picture.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
          aka Reece
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by dave
          I love both, really, but I hate how they've played Ambrose since The Shield split. He went from that bad-ass Shield attire to Brooklyn Brawler wardrobe. IMO, they've turned him from white-hot to upper midcard since The Shield split, but kept Reigns hot.

But, in both Bryan's and Ambrose's cases, I just don't see them winning a real-life fight over Lesnar ... and that means something.
          Ambrose is a beast and fans eat him up and his new gimmick, I think he'll surpass upper-mid card...
          Originally posted by Nick Mangold
          Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• dave
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mogriffjr
            Ambrose is a beast and fans eat him up and his new gimmick, I think he'll surpass upper-mid card...
            I simply don't buy him as a face. He's a natural heel ... like Rollins is a face.

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• s@ppisgod
              No longer a noob
              • Apr 2011

Ambrose is kind of a tweener currently. Not white meat enough to be a full-on babyface, but he's positioned against heels. Kinda SCSA-esque. Bad ass that doesn't really care about rules, but positioned similarly to faces. And he's unbelievably hot right now. If not for the amazing run that Bryan went on earlier this year, then the best crowd reactions of the year. I don't understand why anyone would think he's cooled off since the Shield split.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Provided they give him he opportunity, which is 50/50, Ambrose has a higher ceiling than Reigns and has the ability to be a legitimate #1 star. I made the early Stone Cold comparisons months ago on the podcast, and i'm glad to see others are picking up on it.

You are getting a Reigns mega push, like it or not. His floor is now Orton, who was never really a star but has always been treated like one. He'll be on top for a decade whether he's a true top guy or not. He has a very log way to go in the ring. Orton killed himself to get a decent match out of him, and it was still barely average. Reigns doesn't have to be a great worker, The Rock never was, Cena took a long time before he was good, but he does have to be average, and right now he isn't. He needs to be totally carried right now.

In hindsight Lesnar should have had that squash with Taker, but the brittle old fuck might have died.

Rusev/Swagger was incredible. Rusev is the real deal and should not lose until it puts over a key face for a Brock match. My fear is they do Cena/Rusev, and waste the Rusev loss.

Rollins having the case is pointless with Brock as champ until Mania. He should lose the case to Ambrose, who then cashes in on Brock following a match. Amborse can get over huge by losing a red hot, spirited 3-5 minute sprint with a few near falls before Brock crushes him. The way the Cena match went, you can now get guys over by just showing cracks in Brock, even in losing.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  Provided they give him he opportunity, which is 50/50, Ambrose has a higher ceiling than Reigns and has the ability to be a legitimate #1 star. I made the early Stone Cold comparisons months ago on the podcast, and i'm glad to see others are picking up on it.

You are getting a Reigns mega push, like it or not. His floor is now Orton, who was never really a star but has always been treated like one. He'll be on top for a decade whether he's a true top guy or not. He has a very log way to go in the ring. Orton killed himself to get a decent match out of him, and it was still barely average. Reigns doesn't have to be a great worker, The Rock never was, Cena took a long time before he was good, but he does have to be average, and right now he isn't. He needs to be totally carried right now.

In hindsight Lesnar should have had that squash with Taker, but the brittle old fuck might have died.

Rusev/Swagger was incredible. Rusev is the real deal and should not lose until it puts over a key face for a Brock match. My fear is they do Cena/Rusev, and waste the Rusev loss.

Rollins having the case is pointless with Brock as champ until Mania. He should lose the case to Ambrose, who then cashes in on Brock following a match. Amborse can get over huge by losing a red hot, spirited 3-5 minute sprint with a few near falls before Brock crushes him. The way the Cena match went, you can now get guys over by just showing cracks in Brock, even in losing.
                  Fedor EmeliaRusev should squash Cena with equal fervor once he gets through the Hoss Division unscathed. Cena should be away from the title picture for a while. Gotta make that next run to the title special considering the kayfabe "importance" of it with tying Flair and all and keeping him away for a while will do that. I wouldn't strap up Cena again, barring Brock being a disaster, Reigns flopping hard, and Daniel Bryan coming back and subsequent title run fizzle out...until WrestleMania 32.

Rusev has made me a believer. Some of the best in-ring selling in the company is Rusev when he cranks back on that Accolade. He sells the move better than his opponent. The stomp and nostril grab add some gusto to it.
                  Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 08-19-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                    No longer a noob
                    • Apr 2011

Watching Raw on Hulu (ya know, cuz I love commercials), and Heyman/Lesnar is SUCH a money combo. Heyman is an unbelievable salesman, but people don't need him to buy Lesnar right now. He's icing on the cake. Lesnar is booked perfectly and a goddamn monster. Heyman is in elite carny level of salesmanship. Fantastic work from all involved.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Rusev selling the leg reminded me of that Chris Masters performance on Superstars vs Drew McIntyre. He was everything we want Tetsuya Naito to be.

/nerdiest post ever in this thread, and this is a wrestling thread so imagine the ground that covers

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        Rusev selling the leg reminded me of that Chris Masters performance on Superstars vs Drew McIntyre. He was everything we want Tetsuya Naito to be.

/nerdiest post ever in this thread, and this is a wrestling thread so imagine the ground that covers
                        The selling at that moment was awesome...but he has now been selling the fuck out of the Accolade for the past few months. Especially in this feud with Swagger where he's constantly getting the leg worked. But even in those Big E matches...when he was a little pooped, he was cranking back and selling it like he's putting everything into it. A 'you're not getting out of this, motherfucker' type of desperation look on his face. When he was crushing jobbers, he was just stoically, unemotionally crushing the guy. Great stuff.

He's got his finisher gimmick down to an art form right now.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

I was talking more along the lines of selling the leg damage so well. Even on the first Accolade attempt, he couldn't wrench it in because he was favoring the leg. Then for the finish he cranked it on anyway, but his facials indicated that he was killing himself in the process. That also made Swagger look good, because Rusv had to completely sacrifice his body to beat him, plus Swagger passed out instead of tapping out.

The entire thing was just an amazing spectacle, one of the better WWE matches I've seen this year. It would have fit right in on a G1 card as a hot Shibata type 15-minute FIGHT. Loved it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

"Sure we'll give photo. One thousand yen. One thousand yen."

"See you in the midwest. Dorks."

Money promos. Great stuff. Jay Briscoe is my pick for Best on Promos this year. Jay, Steph McMahon, and Heyman are the best in the biz, brother.

Comment

• dave
                              Go the fuck outside
                              • Oct 2008

This is kid is coming for your title, W2BTD.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Heads up for those who subscribe to the Observer/F4W (and those who don't), Bryan & Dave posted a show with Stone Cold where they talk about a bunch of stuff. Austin goes pretty in depth about the work styles he loved watching, todays WWE style being so limited and more.

About half way through (90 minutes it went total), great stuff

Comment

Working...