X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Yeah, that's the real Dany.

She looks awful. She was never a 6.5 in the first place, but looked normal. Now...

Speaking of which, she re-married somewhat recently...to...of all people...Rock's personal trainer. Super weird.
    Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 09-01-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Anyone else watch the Attitude Era documentary series?

Did it suck, or was it just me?

Very vapid. Three hours of seemingly the same ol same ol. I was hoping for something that really went into detail on things...but nope, just shallow and nothing I haven't heard 100 times before.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

So, since I was offering a FREE SUNNY SKYPE SESH for the winner of the BOLA Bracket on VoW...I decided to email Tammy to see if I could pay "for a friend"...after a few days, I finally got a reply.

Needless to say, death hath become of me.

hi! ill be skyping fter 8pm eastern tonight

its $10 for every 4 minutes of regular chat
        $50 for 10 minutes with some skin (boobs)
        $100 for 10 minutes to see a whole lot more ;)

you can do anything on your end... i love to watch!!

if you are seriously interested, i will give you payment instructions

lets have some fun!! xoxo

Of course I'm interested...I'm inquiring within!

Comment

• dave
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Of course I'm interested...I'm inquiring within!
          You're 15 or so years too late.
          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Very vapid. Three hours of seemingly the same ol same ol. I was hoping for something that really went into detail on things...but nope, just shallow and nothing I haven't heard 100 times before.
            Yep, nothing to see there unless you haven't seen the footage before or forgot.

Lazily done.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by EmpireWF
              Yep, nothing to see there unless you haven't seen the footage before or forgot.

Lazily done.
              I'm just going to guess it's random interviews from other documentary videos. I did hear from someone the enjoyed it, but I guess he hasn't watched many of these.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

"Ted decided he didn't want to do business with me anymore, and offered to terminate our contract." -Vince on leaving TBS. No mention of Black Saturday, no mention of THOUSANDS of phone calls demanding the old wrestling come back, no mention of ratings dropping like a fucking stone because the fans rejected the slower, shittier WWF product at the time.

Then Vince said something about how he does business to help himself, not to intentionally hurt others. LOL. I guess countering Crockett PPV's with your own and then threatening cable companies to air yours or else doesn't count. Or buying up TV time under the noses of local promotions. Or raiding stars from around the country and asking them to leave right before the biggest shows with no notice.

Turned it off right then & there. I know history is written by the winners, but this thing was just too over the top. Didn't get past Ep. 1

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Thoughts on WORST gimmicks of the year so far?

Some nominees.

Adam Rose
                  CJ Parker
                  Bullet Club with ALL THE BELTS
                  Damien Sandow's new gimmick
                  Kane and his Haunted Mask

Thawts?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Some nominees.

Adam Rose
                    CJ Parker

Thawts?
                    Rose sure got old fast.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

So, there really is a fringy anti-Punk group on the Observer Board...

I went over to the HoF thread and shocked, SHOCKED that Punk isn't considered a slam dunk.

He should be in on his work alone. The best big match wrestler of his era in North America. The rest of his resume just helps build the case.

He wasn't some major draw or anything, but certainly never dipped figures, and would be in that group I would call "mild draws"...even got hot and popped merch sales for a bit. The fact he's probably a Top 10 mic guy All-Time is just icing on the cake, considering that is such a subjective thing.

I'm not even sure where I see any kind of discussion between weighing Punk versus Edge, which seems to be a thing over there. I know Big Dave is a huge Edge fan, but outside of just liking the guy, I'm not sure I see anything to Edge's resume. I see Dave props up Edge's number of title wins, but the title that Edge won most often was basically the new era IC Title. Just don't see the argument.
                      Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 09-07-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Some nominees.

Adam Rose
                        CJ Parker

Thawts?
                        I actually like Sandow's gimmick, but they need to stop changing it from week to week. Keeping him as something for a feud would be great. I would have liked to see him as Damian Mizdow, and instead of Miz wrestling, Sandow keeps wrestling for him. That they keep changing it just to get a cheap pop from whatever town they are in puts him on this list. Sandow also does as great a job with it as you could expect anyone to do.

Adam Rose and CJ Parker have to be the worst. I have no idea what they tried doing with Rose on the main roster, but as you've said before, NXT is a ton of mouthbreathers and mark out for Rose. Sending him back like they did recently to work a few matches isn't going to help the current gimmick get over.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                          No longer a noob
                          • Apr 2011

I can't stand Miz, but this whole Miz thing from him to especially Sandow is gold to me. Love it. Ate up the whole Ziggler match. It's silly, but in the best possible way. Like the This is Your Life segment.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                            I can't stand Miz, but this whole Miz thing from him to especially Sandow is gold to me. Love it. Ate up the whole Ziggler match. It's silly, but in the best possible way. Like the This is Your Life segment.
                            The whole Damian Mizdow thing could have been a great angle that lasted for a few months. Nothing serious, but it's fun. Play it off, have some funny spots, a handicap or tag where Miz doesn't tag in. End the feud by having him stand in for the IC title, lose it, then start the feud with Sandow. Or something.

Also, throughout all of this, you have to give Sandow credit for sticking with the gimmick and trying to make the best of it, even if you aren't a fan of it.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                              No longer a noob
                              • Apr 2011

Yeah, Sandow is a champ. He could have easily tanked it, but is playing the role with as much enthusiasm as anything else he's done. Real 'chicken salad' situation props.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

So, there really is a fringy anti-Punk group on the Observer Board...

I went over to the HoF thread and shocked, SHOCKED that Punk isn't considered a slam dunk.

He should be in on his work alone. The best big match wrestler of his era in North America. The rest of his resume just helps build the case.

He wasn't some major draw or anything, but certainly never dipped figures, and would be in that group I would call "mild draws"...even got hot and popped merch sales for a bit. The fact he's probably a Top 10 mic guy All-Time is just icing on the cake, considering that is such a subjective thing.

I'm not even sure where I see any kind of discussion between weighing Punk versus Edge, which seems to be a thing over there. I know Big Dave is a huge Edge fan, but outside of just liking the guy, I'm not sure I see anything to Edge's resume. I see Dave props up Edge's number of title wins, but the title that Edge won most often was basically the new era IC Title. Just don't see the argument.
                                Have you posted? Who are you?

dave has an irrational fascination with four things - Edge, Randy Orton, ladder matches, and 90's joshi. We all have our things we overrate. Those are dave's.

And yes, that board hates CM Punk and always has. They are also very very WWE-centric and are very closed minded to anything else. Edge is seen as a pure WWE guy, and Punk is seen to them as an "indie geek".

If you notice, the voters in the thread (Dylan, Bix, Rob McCarron, etc) aren't nearly as anti Punk as the gen poppers (copyright Larry) who often bash non WWE stuff blind without ever even seeing it in the first place.

You've been there, so I'm sure you've noticed that rule #1 to these goofs is "get yourself over". Very little constructive talk takes place, which is sad because you would think the official board of the Observer would be higher quality.

Comment

Working...