X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBiss
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Lickem
    I've taken the patented "whoopie cushion" on top of several family oriented indy shows. im sure there isnt a ton of guys out there that can say on a friday night i was splashed in the eyes with a squirting flower from doink, then on saturday night had a barbed wire bat match against balls mahoney. :gold:
    We used Dale Wolfe he would not do the Whoopie Cushion.

Comment

• Derrville
      Dallas has no coaching...
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle04
      From what I remember hearing, TNA doesn't exactly have the strictest of drug policies as is...

I guess Uncle Vince was right about the guy needing help.

On another subject: Freddie Prinze Jr. on RAW = :ko:

...aside from Legacy getting their pre-"Summerfest" beatdown on DX in.
      Or sounds like the girl was lying. Bummer.

Comment

• Derrville
        • Jul 2009

Jeff Hardys leaving WWE after Summerslam.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Derrville
          Jeff Hardys leaving WWE after Summerslam.
          That's been rumored for about 4 months now. It would also explain the rather abrupt face turn of Matt Hardy, as it seems like they're priming him to replace Jeff as the main SD babyface. Unless Taker returns...

Comment

• dave
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

Haven't been to the thread for a few days. Forgive me.

Originally posted by Lickem
            Jeez Dave, maybe its "tacky" to a 40 something canadian shut in, but to a 20 something texan, its probably what he wants to hear. i worked for a bunch of indies, some bigger, some smaller, but you always want to push your product to make it seem huge. Im pretty sure none of the fans that his piece reached are upset that he tapped WWE a little bit. For an indie its "cool" to talk shit about them. BTW good shit Biss, tell my boy Mike Dell the Broncos suck.
            It doesn't make you seem huge, it makes you seem desperate. Sorry. Just my opinion. The indies offer a lot to the industry. They don't need to bash the WWE. The indies and WWE are different animals. Both should play to their strengths.

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
            LOL @ your high horse.

Dude already said he sees your point and agrees.. lay off about it now.
            Bite me, Kuzzy. You know I'm an opinionated asshole.

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            As for the bold, please stop. biss & lickem know a shit load more than you about what works and dosent work in wrestling, no matter how old you were when they were born, because they've lived it and seen it.
            Just because I didn't work for a wrestling promotion doesn't mean I know nothing about them. IMO, Vince had it right - never acknowledge the opposition. He didn't do it until a super duper star like Flair defected in 1991.

AND FOR ALL THE ABOVE: Asking me not to be opinionated on pro wrestling is like asking Mr. Perfect Curt Henning not to use the Perfect Plex for a win. It's just not right.
            Last edited by dave; 08-22-2009, 02:18 AM.
            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Derrville
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
              That's been rumored for about 4 months now. It would also explain the rather abrupt face turn of Matt Hardy, as it seems like they're priming him to replace Jeff as the main SD babyface. Unless Taker returns...
              This is what i read from Wrestlezone:

Rafy Khaimov sent along the following: There is some other evidence that Hardy might not be leaving concerning the new WWE Kids magazine poster book. You've reported that a poster of Hardy isn't in the book but the finalization of the book is made a while before it is released. It also has a poster of The Brian Kendrick and he was released on July 31st of this year. This contradicts the other report that was made earlier. Just thought I would share this.

Jesse Wills sent along the following: I work for a Hobby Card shop and I saw the new order form for the newest WWE cards called Topps WWE 2009 and there is no Jeff Hardy card listed on the checklist. It has a scheduled release of October 14th. I would take this as yet another sign that Jeff Hardy is taking time off.
              And:

According to a new report from PWInsider.com, Jeff Hardy has told WWE officials that he is leaving the company after the SummerSlam PPV. The reason he is citing is "scheduling conflicts," as he no longer wants to work as many dates for WWE as the company is requiring, and he wants a break from the road and time to explore other interests. The WWE creative team has been informed to scrap any future plans that may have included Jeff Hardy and immediately begin working on a story line return for The Undertaker. WWE plans to use 'Taker to fill the void that Hardy will create.
              However:

In what now seems to be a back and forth "will he or won't he leave WWE" situation with Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy has posted the following Tweet on his Twitter account: "Here's an update for the "sheets"-Jeff & I might not team again due to pursuing singles careers. And Jeff will be with WWE after Summerslam."

I'd guess these Tweets have to be taken lightly at this point as it seems WWE and The Hardys are doing everything they can to sway the fans into believing both sides of the current Jeff Hardy story. We reported earlier that Matt Hardy posted a Tweet which seemed to indicate that their future was uncertain. However, this could have simply meant in terms of tag team or singles wrestling, and not an implication that Jeff was going to leave WWE or not.
              If its true tho, im 95% sure he'll go back to TNA and sign a light schedule contract which would make sense due to TNA filming Impact every 2 weeks.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

Not a chance I order it but I will try my best to find a stream for that TLC match.

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

I was looking for bars and stuff in the area that will be showing it, but they are all pretty far away.

Anyone here ever had luck going to a place that wasn't listed on WWE's web site?
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                    • Feb 2009

Looks like Bryan Danielson has agreed a contract with the WWE. ROH is planning a farewell show, apparently.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

All I will say is that shenanigans occured tonight and that Punk/Hardy was one for the books...

I'd say prepare to be disappointed tomorrow night on RAW and to tune in on Friday for a pleasant surprise.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                        Beautiful Like Moses
                        • Oct 2008

Im convinced Lillian is screwing up on purpose and trying to go out with a bang.

The Taker spot at the end was tremendous.

Orton/Cena is absolutely TERRIBLE.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                          Let's Go All The Way...
                          • Nov 2008

I blame the new "PG" era of wrestling... Uncle Vince sees tonight as an opportunity to bait-and-switch the hell out of his audience instead of giving them what they want (a clean loss for Cena).

No way Orton goes over 1-2-3 tonight without "interference" because of Cena no-selling practically everybody last Monday... still, Orton as the Champ > SuperCena holding the belt without a heel turn involved.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy

Orton/Cena is absolutely TERRIBLE.
                            Randy Orton has never had a good match. Ever.

He's lazy, and his "methodical stalker" gimmick dosen't help. He moves in slow motion and has a move set straight from the 1980's.

He sucks, plain and simple.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                              Looks like Bryan Danielson has agreed a contract with the WWE. ROH is planning a farewell show, apparently.
                              From the ROH site:
                              Bryan Danielson has agreed in principle to a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Bryan has been an exemplary talent and a wonderful member of the Ring of Honor locker room and family since the inception of the company. We couldn’t be happier for Bryan and all of his successes, many of which Ring of Honor has been proud to witness first hand.

We congratulate Bryan on the beginning of this next journey in his brilliant career, and wish him all the best as he progresses. Many Ring of Honor fans refer to Bryan as the “best in the world” and we look forward to looking on in earnest as he shows everyone watching the wrestling world’s biggest stage just why that is.

Bryan will appear as scheduled at all of the September Ring of Honor events. Please join us in Philadelphia, Dayton, Chicago, Boston, and New York as we say thank you and farewell to a truly one-of-a-kind talent.

Like i've said for years, he'd go when he felt the time was right. He could have done this many times over the last few years, they would have taken him, but he liked calling his own shots and was making better money as the #1 indy guy than he would have as a WWE jobber.

If this dosen't tell people that ROH is a sinking ship, I don't know what else it will take. They even had a few checks bounce a few weeks back, which screams of 1998 ECW.

Danielson will get me to watch WWE again, but only until they book him to death.

Hard to believe it was only a few years ago that ROH had Samoa Joe, Danielson, CM Punk, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Alex Shelley, Brian Kendrick, Briscoes, Homicide, Colt Cabana, Nigel McGuinness, Jay Lethal, Claudio Castagnoli, Jack Evans, Delirious, etc etc etc on the roster. Years from now, people will look back having forgotten just how great ROH was at it's peak.

Right now, they resemble the dying days of ECW in many ways.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                                Formerly ravensownall17
                                • Feb 2009

I would have paid for the PPV...if I didn't get them all free because Comcast are retards. Would have been worth the money for a couple of the matches, I thought.

I know W2B doesn't like Dolph but he seems like a star in the making, a WWE-style star, yes, but a star nonetheless. Poo on Vince for not giving him the belt though.

Cena/Orton was possibly the worst match I've seen...ever. And that says something considering Kane v. Khali was on the same card.

TLC was great and it sucks for WWE that they are losing Hardy, even if just for a short time. Forget Cena and HHH, Hardy is the most popular guy in the company.

Comment

Working...