Dragon Gate USA offering live PPV for $1.99 (Pac vs. Low Ki, WM Weekend)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    I'll probably be hitting up ROH on Friday and the Hall of Fame on Saturday. Was hoping to see Macho entered into the Hall, but whatever. I'll settle for the FOUR FUCKING HORSEMEN.

War Memorial is in FTL and its not the smallest place.
    Deauville Resort is smaller than the Bingo Hall.

DGUSA might be lucky to pull 100 people to their show.
    How far is Ft Lauderdale from wherever HOF will be?

You could do DGUSA Fri, ROH Sat afternoon, and HOF Sat night. That's probably the most popular itinerary for the hardest of the hardcore geeks who want to see everything.

DGUSA never draws well WM weekend, they always get their asses kicked.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      HOLY SHIT, Ring of Honor is charging $90 for ringside.

Good for them if they can get it.
      Yeah. You can get the tickets pretty easy right now...so, my guess is that they ain't sellin.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

How far is Ft Lauderdale from wherever HOF will be?

You could do DGUSA Fri, ROH Sat afternoon, and HOF Sat night. That's probably the most popular itinerary for the hardest of the hardcore geeks who want to see everything.

DGUSA never draws well WM weekend, they always get their asses kicked.
        45m with the traffic.

Already got two tickets for the HOF (the Mrs., while not a fan of wrestling, did like Edge...likes Punk, too...so she doesn't have awful taste)...so, that's in stone.

I might pull a Saturday event...not sure.

DGUSA will be cheap...I haven't seen ticket amounts yet...but I'm sure it'll be affordable.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          45m with the traffic.

Already got two tickets for the HOF (the Mrs., while not a fan of wrestling, did like Edge...likes Punk, too...so she doesn't have awful taste)...so, that's in stone.

I might pull a Saturday event...not sure.

DGUSA will be cheap...I haven't seen ticket amounts yet...but I'm sure it'll be affordable.
          ROH:
          first - 90
          second - 40
          third - 30
          GA - 20

DGUSA:
          first - 75
          second - 50
          third - 35
          GA - 20

You can probably buy GA tix to the DGUSA show and stand/sit about 10 feet from the schmuck who paid 75.

ROH looks like a decent sized building from the seating chart, but you would know better than me.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

ROH:
            first - 90
            second - 40
            third - 30
            GA - 20

DGUSA:
            first - 75
            second - 50
            third - 35
            GA - 20

You can probably buy GA tix to the DGUSA show and stand/sit about 10 feet from the schmuck who paid 75.

ROH looks like a decent sized building from the seating chart, but you would know better than me.
            Its a decent sized building.

Here's my concern.

No one in SoFla really gives a fuck. Old Abuelos watch AAA and CMLL, and watch the Spanish Commentary of WWE...and that's the biggest market down here besides the typical WWE GenPop'rs.

Not much of a smark community...its really not. I went to Survivor Series down here last year and it just wasn't smarky at all, and they didn't fill the bullding.

I went to the ROH show and WrestleMania in Orlanddo...not smarky at all, and the fans don't come out for ROH down here.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Yeah, come to think of it, ROH ran a decent sized venue in Houston two years ago, and I was able to walk up and buy GA with no issues. You should be able to walk up to any non WWE event that weekend and walk right in.

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Hmmm... I may have to catch up on some ROH TV this week and see which one is worth buying. I've been pretty meh on ROH as of late outside of Steen.
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

DGUSA just announced a Thursday show in Miami, so now its a triple shot for them. Wow. Venue has yet to be finalized, so it wont be at the same building as the other two shows.

Also, Gabe is breaking another of his unwritten rules and is giving away matches for free now. Its about time, i've been saying for years (and even corresponded with him directly on this) that people need to be able to sample this stuff, and it doesnt really hurt business to give up mid card matches from older shows that aren't really selling anymore anyway.

Here's the link to the Masato Yoshino vs AR Fox match they have released:

Comment

• FedEx227
                    Delivers
                    • Mar 2009

Gabe getting his ass reemed on The Board~! seems to have really helped. Not having that be the sole reason but he's certainly done a 180.
                    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                      Gabe getting his ass reemed on The Board~! seems to have really helped. Not having that be the sole reason but he's certainly done a 180.
                      I honestly think that thread really hit home with him and forced him to re-examine his business plan.

He also started up a forum on the DGUSA site, and unlike the old ROH forum where talk of other promotions was FORBIDDEN AND BANABLE, he is allowing free talk of all promotions.

The New Gabe.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

Embracing online video and interactions on the web. Welcome to 2009, Gabe!
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

-- DGUSA has added a joint show with Combat Zone Wrestling to the WrestleMania weekend festivities. It takes place March 29th in Hollywood, FL at the German American Society Clubhouse, 6401 Washington Street. DGUSA runs the majority of the show with CZW presenting two matches. They've also got shows March 30th and 31st. More info at DGUSA.tv.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

lmfao.

There is no way DG gets more than 100 people for the damn Deauville Banquet Hall.

No chance.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Dragon Gate Six Man Announced

Comment

Working...