X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wr50l
    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
    • Oct 2008

The Random Thoughts about Ron Wilson's Firing Thread :kgjelly:

Yes he's been sacked and no I don't need to source it, fuck off.

Who will replace him? Will that person be (somehow) just as bad? And will the Leafs get any closer to that coveted 9th spot in the East?

Carlyle, No, and 10th.
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Feel sorry for whoever does.

Brutal media and expectations, GM actually thinks that lineup is good. Phil Kessel is your best player. Nazem Kadri is the future.

Yeah, good fuckin luck.

Comment

• Ravin
      Dishing the Gino's
      • Feb 2009

After listening to Burke's comments on trade deadline day about "depth depth depth" I wanted to scream at him and say to him "YOU HAVE TO MUCH". Really, if you look at the team, their top line is depth players, not top line players. Kessel is the only legit top line, Lupel wouldn't be a top line on many NHL teams, and Bozak wouldn't be either.

They lack a goalie and lack a true top 6. They need a Parise type player to really make the team turn around.

As for Wilson, he needed to go. The team hasn't moved in 6 years, and since he came in, he really hasn't done much else worth a damn. This may be the best thing for the leafs. Wilson was brought in knowing he was going to get owned year after year. And then he would be fired, new coach comes in and reaps the benefits of all the work he did.
      All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• leaffan
        Colton Orr Fan
        • Feb 2009

Wilson was utter fuckin garbage and I've wanted him gone for close to 3 years.

The lineup is more then allright its just the coach needs to actually coach it properly.

I'm hoping their AHL coach eakins becomes the assistant next year. Not sure how I like Carlyle but anything is better then wilson at this point.

Grabovski, Kulemin and MacArthur were all said to be offered for first round draft picks which pisses me off. Keep Kulemin but the other two can fuck off.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• leaffan
          Colton Orr Fan
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
          Feel sorry for whoever does.

Brutal media and expectations, GM actually thinks that lineup is good. Phil Kessel is your best player. Nazem Kadri is the future.
          Yeah, good fuckin luck.
          LOL just read this.

Get your leaf hating blinders off. :brianwilson:

Comment

• killgod
            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by leaffan
            Grabovski, Kulemin and MacArthur were all said to be offered for first round draft picks which pisses me off. Keep Kulemin but the other two can fuck off.
            No idea understanding the hard on Burke has for Grabovski.

Comment

• Boss AZ
              Hi Haters
              • Feb 2009

Leaves meltdown is comical. End of the year for the Leaves is like clockwork though.

Comment

• Ravin
                Dishing the Gino's
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Boss AZ
                Leaves meltdown is comical. End of the year for the Leaves is like clockwork though.
                It is still Leafs when you talk about the sports team. No proper english here.
                All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• leaffan
                  Colton Orr Fan
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                  No idea understanding the hard on Burke has for Grabovski.
                  I hate grabovski and wanted him gone for a while as well. I honestly hope he walks at the end of this season.

Nashville's 1st and a prospect would of been perfectly fine with me. The leafs have enough prospect centerman to throw into his spot.

Comment

• leaffan
                    Colton Orr Fan
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Boss AZ
                    Really because usually by feb they start winnning a ton of games and everyone like me starts laughing at them deciding the last 30 games of the year is a good time to start playing.

The utter disaster of a collapse right now might be one of the most bizarre things I've seen from this team in the last few years. Although this does seem to be the year of crazy losing streaks.

I'm happy with the way everything is building up and the prospects they have in place but burkes lack of ability to add better talent at the NHL level bothers me.

Comment

• PP
                      • Feb 2010

was any1 else surprised that marty turco is still alive?

Comment

• leaffan
                        Colton Orr Fan
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PP
                        was any1 else surprised that marty turco is still alive?
                        Not really and I'll die laughing if someone claims him tomorrow.

*everyone looks at the islanders.

Comment

• wr50l
                          Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                          • Oct 2008

The Islanders can never have enough goalies. I believe some fud from Bridgeport shutout the Devils the other night.

Comment

Working...