Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Andrew Shaw of Chicago suspended for 3 games after collision with Mike Smith

Wow. Did not see that one coming. Punch head into ice repeatedly = 1 game. Collide with goalie outside of crease, goalie fakes injury = 3 games.
  • Ravin
    Dishing the Gino's
    • Feb 2009

He didn't even try to stop or go around smith. You can't touch the goalie even out of the crease, so that point doesn't matter. The broadcasters even said, if he made it look like he was trying to avoid the hit by going up against the boards, and trying to "get around Smith", then it wouldn't have been a suspension. But he plowed him, shoulder to the chin, and that was that.
    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• Senser81
      VSN Poster of the Year
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
      He didn't even try to stop or go around smith. You can't touch the goalie even out of the crease, so that point doesn't matter. The broadcasters even said, if he made it look like he was trying to avoid the hit by going up against the boards, and trying to "get around Smith", then it wouldn't have been a suspension. But he plowed him, shoulder to the chin, and that was that.
      Irrelevant. I'm comparing Shaw's suspension to other suspensions. Not upset with Shaw being punished, I just don't understand the length of the suspension. Did Shaw have a history of suspensions prior to this one? I didn't think he did.

Comment

• Ravin
        Dishing the Gino's
        • Feb 2009

You can't compare suspensions in the NHL. Well you can, but you'll just hurt yourself because we all know it is fucked.

Length is probably because it was a hit to the head on a defenceless player, and it was a goalie. So right there, you get three strikes and three games. Least that is how I would see it.
        All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

Working...