X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rblake
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    • Jul 2009

Soccer Halp

Over the last 6 months, I've become intrigued by soccer. I've always enjoyed playing, but for whatever reasons, I never paid much attention to it.
    1. Where can I watch it on DirecTV's Choice Extra Classic Package? (I'd prefer to not pay another $10-15/mo for another sports package)
    2. How do I pick a favorite team (play style, uniforms, heritage, FIFA 11/12 random team select)?
    3. Do people pick one favorite team in the world and only watch that league, or pick a team in each league, or what?
    Last edited by Rblake; 04-26-2012, 01:47 PM. Reason: I spelled paid wrong...wtf?!?!
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

1) Can't help you since I don't subscribe to TV or live in your country. If you were to choose to follow MLS you could get their streaming option which is great quality and only like $60 for the season.
    2) I would advise watching some clubs to determine what style/league you like to watch. If you're going to follow a specific club, you're going to want to take note of when they usually play (time zones will matter for UEFA clubs) and how easily you can see their matches.
    3) Everyone is different. Some people just bandwagon all the top sides. Some people have their one and only club. Some people have a club in each league, or each region. Personal preference really. I have my one domestic club and international side that I support.

Comment

• Champ
      Needs a hobby
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Rblake
      Over the last 6 months, I've become intrigued by soccer. I've always enjoyed playing, but for whatever reasons, I never payed much attention to it.
      1. Where can I watch it on DirecTV's Choice Extra Classic Package? (I'd prefer to not pay another $10-15/mo for another sports package)
      2. How do I pick a favorite team (play style, uniforms, heritage, FIFA 11/12 random team select)?
      3. Do people pick one favorite team in the world and only watch that league, or pick a team in each league, or what?
      1. Get the Italian Channel.
      2. Napoli is probably going to be your favorite team.
      3. Seria A for life.

Comment

• wr50l
        Glen & CJ are secret Huns
        • Oct 2008

Support your local MLS club if you're lucky enough to have one. The standard of the MLS is improving quickly. You can do that and support a European club at the same time too, but choosing one of them is down to less of a science and more instinctual.

Comment

• Chrispy
          Needs a hobby
          • Dec 2008

1. U need the premier package to get the fox soccer channel or goltv
          2. I picked fulham because Dempsey became my favorite player
          3. I watch any kind of soccer whenever it is on tv

Comment

• spiker
            Beast mode
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Rblake
            Over the last 6 months, I've become intrigued by soccer. I've always enjoyed playing, but for whatever reasons, I never payed much attention to it.
            I just jumped in like a year and a half ago.

1. I pay extra to get the sports package with Fox Soccer and GolTV. This is almost necessary unless you want to try and watch pirated streams on your PC all the time. If you have DirectTV then you get these channels in HD, too. Lucky you.

2. I chose my teams by watching a lot of soccer and deciding which factors are most important to me. It's really just a personal choice.

3. I tend to focus on specific leagues and let everything else be a side story. There's way too much professional soccer happening in the world and since we're in America, there's almost no coverage on major sports networks. You'll have to actively seek out most anything you want to know versus say the NFL, where you can't even turn on TV without hearing about it.

Comment

• Chrispy
              Needs a hobby
              • Dec 2008

ah yes u r right

$13.00 a month

Comcast is only like $6 a month

But u get HD

Comment

• spiker
                Beast mode
                • Apr 2011

Comcast's SD for Fox Soccer is even worse than normal SD because they take the picture and shrink it to about 60% of it's full size. It's miserable.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                  I literally know nothing.
                  • Jul 2009

firstrowsports.eu

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

As far as choosing a team to support, people go about that different ways. You may just watch some random games and slowly start to like the style of play of a certain team. Or perhaps the way they operate or something about their history. I'd recommend an EPL team though mainly because the EPL has the largest fanbase in America, of foreign leagues, and obviously the games are commentated in english. So that helps.

Comment

Working...