Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

The first live summer edition of TNA Impact scored a 0.89 rating in a new timeslot one hour earlier, down 12 percent compared to last week's rating. Impact was down 17 percent compared to the yearly average.

-- Impact averaged 1.29 million viewers, a drop of 10 percent in viewership from last week and the lowest average viewing audience of the year. Impact was down 200,000 viewers (13 percent) compared to the yearly average.

It was the first time Impact viewership was below the 1.3 million mark since Thanksgiving 2010. For non-holidays, it was the first time in nearly two years dating back to July 1, 2010.
    Remember, Hulk Hogan works tirelessly behind the scenes, and TNA has seen improvements across the board thanks to the Hulkster's leadership.

Seriously though, this is horrendous. I was thrown off because in the days leading up to the show, the patented W2BTD buzz-meter was feeling all sorts of buzz for this, but it turned out nobody watched.

Let's see if they overreact and cut the cord. They really should let things play out. I'm sure this is a fluke, and i'm sure a taped show would have dropped to the same level. I think the lesson here (allow me to Horowitz back slap here, as I called this on the podcast) is that live doesn't matter, and it's the same 1.4 million people who are going to watch or not watch no matter what, and 10% of them had something else to do this week.
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Of course live doesn't matter. We've known this for years.

I'll chalk up the dip in viewers to the change in timeslot although I guess if that were the case, wouldn't it have evened out somewhat in the second hour?

Ratings don't matter to begin with for TNA so in the end, they'll still do their marginal TV numbers and their pitiful PPV numbers and they'll survive for as long as Spike needs some cheap programming.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
      Of course live doesn't matter. We've known this for years.

I'll chalk up the dip in viewers to the change in timeslot although I guess if that were the case, wouldn't it have evened out somewhat in the second hour?

Ratings don't matter to begin with for TNA so in the end, they'll still do their marginal TV numbers and their pitiful PPV numbers and they'll survive for as long as Spike needs some cheap programming.
      Actually, ratings are the only thing that does matter for TNA, because the survival of the company is 100% reliant on the cash they receive from Spike.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

On the extremes, sure...if they start doing .5's then they're fucked. If they shoot up to 2.0's and 3.0's then all of a sudden they should theoretically be making more money off their other revenues (merch, PPV, DVD/Blu Rays, etc.).

But as long as they stick to the average theyve been at since coming to Spike (.7 to 1.1 fair to say?) then nothing is improving, especially if the house show business isn't making what it used to (if that's the case). Stuck in the mud for 6-7 years.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

LOL TNA.

What a fucking horribly run company. Absolute garbage.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

TNA has a built in audience that doesn't or rarely exceed 1.4M people and maybe 10% max that will pay for a pay per view.

It is just not a well run company...simple as that.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

I watched the 2nd hour.

If they had had a decent or average show up to the AJ/Daniels match...the conclusion of the show was such drivel of the most epic proportions imaginable. AJ and marky mark Dixie have a secret affair and that's suppose to lead to something positive? AJ is such a trooper.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are the two most blatantly misbooked and completely wasted pieces of talent in the modern era of wrestling. Only WWE Goldberg comes close.

AJ Styles should be super clean cut babyface hero guy, always in the top mix, always presented as the top guy even if somebody else happens to be getting the push of the moment. Kinda like WCW Sting.

Samoa Joe should be monster unstoppable killer. When he's not in the title mix, he's involved in super serious blood fueds and is treated like the one m'fer on the company that nobody dares fuck with. Kinda like he was in ROH, where if he hit the ring for an angle or run in you were like 'ah fuck, somebody is gonna die'.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

I remember during the ROH/CZW fued, CZW was cleaning house one night during one of those giant schmazz deals after a match. They were just killing everybody, leaving bodies laying. Danielson, everybody. Out comes Joe. Eyes focused, walking briskly to the ring and grimicing. Fist balled up. The crowd erupted. It was amazing. Chris Hero, Necro Butcher, Claudio, the other CZW geeks, they sold it like DEATH was coming. "Joe is gonna kill you, Joe is gonna kill you..." That chant.

Joe comes in, half the guys run, he kills the rest, leaving himself and Necro. They stare down, and Necro BEGS OFF. Necro! Joe kills him anyway.

Thats how over he was as a monster, and thats how you keep him over. Not whatever the fuck TNA does.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                    AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are the two most blatantly misbooked and completely wasted pieces of talent in the modern era of wrestling. Only WWE Goldberg comes close.

AJ Styles should be super clean cut babyface hero guy, always in the top mix, always presented as the top guy even if somebody else happens to be getting the push of the moment. Kinda like WCW Sting.

Samoa Joe should be monster unstoppable killer. When he's not in the title mix, he's involved in super serious blood fueds and is treated like the one m'fer on the company that nobody dares fuck with. Kinda like he was in ROH, where if he hit the ring for an angle or run in you were like 'ah fuck, somebody is gonna die'.
                    TNA has a load of underused talents...

A shame really.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Instead of beating them up some more, I will say that, for the most part, they have used Christopher Daniels pretty well over the years. He attained the highest spot a guy like him can get - at best, a shade below the top guys, with an occasional main event here & there, and a bunch of high quality upper mid card matches in between. If there is such a thing, he's a TNA icon, and they really left nothing on the table with him.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Bobby Roode cut his hair? F-.

Bobby Roode reminds me a bit of the level of Champion that Shane Douglas was in ECW. Very old school heel type champion. Sooner or later, he holds the title so long, people want to see him lose. Its a mission in persistence.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Also, why have Sting open up the show? Who wants to see Sting in 2012, nevermind have him beat your young hotshot champion in 2012.

Awful.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Also, why have Sting open up the show? Who wants to see Sting in 2012, nevermind have him beat your young hotshot champion in 2012.

Awful.
                            I read the show opened with Hogan and Sting...for the loss.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

It was Sting and Robert Roode. It wasn't too bad, but after their match finished ole Hulkster came out to announce a match for the PPV.

I hadn't watched TNA in a while but caught the first hour and a half of this show, it wasn't too bad, but it wasn't anything particularly special.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

Working...