UFC 147: Silva vs. Franklin II (6/23 on PPV)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Needed Cirque du Soleil...

I'd give a big win this weekend to M1 Global...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

What do you guys think about Rich Franklin's career?

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

He was champion at a down point in the division and unfortunately ran into Anderson Silva. Too vanilla a fighter in recent years for my liking.

Ironically, if he gets the decision from Hendo in 2009, he should beat Bisping and who knows what would have happened next.

If you're talking is he a HOF fighter...in a legitimate HOF, I dont see it.

Comment

• SHOGUN
          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Consummate company guy and should be a first ballot UFC Hall of Famer. His resume is decent when you really look at it, but lacks marquee wins. He will be most remembered for those infamous beatings by And1 when he was the UFC's golden boy at 185, which at the time was a shit division. I think the fact he constantly is floating in-between divisions does not do him any favors, but his willingness to repeatedly step in on short notice against big names is a huge part of his appeal. At the same time, it is REALLY hard to point to a moment post-And1 fights where Franklin has really been relevant as a title contender.

When I think of Franklin I don’t think of greatness, I think of a gusty company man.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            Good, not great fighter...never took himself seriously...ballsy...company guy...

Comment

• SHOGUN
              4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
              If you're talking is he a HOF fighter...in a legitimate HOF, I dont see it.
              No fucking chance.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

I think Franklin is one of those guys who got caught between weight classes. Too small for 205, too big for 185. He would have really benefited from a 195lb class.

Similar to a modern era Fedor, who is too big for 205 but really should not have been fighting heavyweights. I don't want to see weight classes every 3lbs like boxing, but I think the sport needs a weight class around 195 and another around 225, 230. A 230 lb guy has to either lose a lot of weight, or fight monsters like Brock, Carwin, Prindle, etc. It makes no sense.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                  Izzy is a bum
                  • Feb 2009

Franklin is a good fighter, sometimes very good

He was in a really bad UFC MW division before And1 showed up, Rich is the classic 'MMA fighter', no main style or background in a style, a jack of all trades, he works hard, trains hard, but he was never a top level athlete and got by being well rounded, tough and cardio, very much like Forrest

UFC HOFer which doesnt mean anything, MMA HOF I dont see it

All the champs now a days and when divisions are strong have a dominant background or at least develop a dominant skill range
                  Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                    • Feb 2009

His only losses being to champs is a nice silver star on his report card.
                    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

Working...