Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Brodeur re-signs with Devils

Veteran goaltender Martin Brodeur is staying with the only NHL franchise he's ever played for.

After hiring agent Pat Brisson and testing Sunday's free agent market, Brodeur signed a two-year, $9 million contract to stay with the New Jersey Devils.

"I'm really happy,'' Brodeur told ESPN.com. "Deep down what I always wanted was to re-sign with New Jersey. I'm glad the Devils stepped up when they did. As the process went on I was certainly intrigued by what was out there. But this is really what I wanted.''

The 40-year-old netminder had limited conversation with the Devils on a new deal through the weekend and Brisson said he would entertain offers from other teams if an agreement was not reached at the beginning of the free agent period.

"It was great the Devils stepped up,'' Brodeur told ESPN.com. "You have to understand what's happening obviously with the ownership situation and with what's happening with Zach (Parise). I understood that. I'm just happy this got done.''

The Montreal native and three-time Stanley Cup champion was 31-21-4 with a 2.41 goals against average last season and helped lead the New Jersey Devils into the Stanley Cup Final where they were defeated in six games by the Los Angeles Kings.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399751
Working...