X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

UFC 141 (Brock/Reem) Buyrate is 30% Lower than Estimate

The initial estimate from Meltzer earlier this year was 750k but the official number is 535k, Brock's worst drawing MMA card. It was the 3rd highest of 2011 (ahead of Jones/Rampage).

Yes, the Friday night aspect hurt a little but clearly, Brock lost a lot of his luster from a) the beating by Cain and b) all the time away due to health issues.

Wonder if this means his impact on big WWE PPVs is going to be a smack in the face to Vince.

• Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Friday night meant nothing, put Anderson Silva vs GSP on a Friday and watch it do over one million.

Brock is shot as a MEGA draw, TUF was the sign that most people ignored, and now even his WWE numbers aren't outstanding. He's just a better than average draw at this point, so since he can't fight anymore at a high level, he made the right move to quit. I think SummerSlam will disappoint, too.

Comment

• svetz17
      Got Six?
      • Jul 2012

eh, he is still a top 5 draw, the UFC would love to have him back.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

There's absolutely no way Summerslam does a good number. It's not even Brock's fault with how shitty they've booked him.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          There's absolutely no way Summerslam does a good number. It's not even Brock's fault with how shitty they've booked him.
          Was just about to say that. And with TNA hitting on just about all cylinders (this is the second week I've watched it and I am definitely going to keep tuning in) this is about the worst time for WWE to completely shit on their booking.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by svetz17
            eh, he is still a top 5 draw, the UFC would love to have him back.
            To fight who?

He can't beat anybody with a pulse. Wouldn't even be competitive with anybody aside from the absolute lowest level guys.

Brock is all about the cash, i'm sure he'd come back but he only wants big time fights against top stars. Dana at least heard him out last time and i'm sure they would book him again, but after another noncompetitive loss, then what do you do?

I just don't see the point, I think people see through him now, I doubt he'd do any better than against Overeem, probably worse.

Comment

• svetz17
              Got Six?
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              To fight who?

He can't beat anybody with a pulse. Wouldn't even be competitive with anybody aside from the absolute lowest level guys.

Brock is all about the cash, i'm sure he'd come back but he only wants big time fights against top stars. Dana at least heard him out last time and i'm sure they would book him again, but after another noncompetitive loss, then what do you do?

I just don't see the point, I think people see through him now, I doubt he'd do any better than against Overeem, probably worse.
              If Brock fought Roy Nelson it would make 400k. I'm not saying he is good anymore but, right now, he would draw more ppvs than edgar, cruz, faber, aldo and MAYBE BIG Maybe Dos Santos. If he were to lose another fight then, he is history but, RIGHT NOW he is top 5

the top 5 would be- Jones, Silva, GSP, Dos Santos and Brock.

Comment

• svetz17
                Got Six?
                • Jul 2012

To fight who?

Adding to that tell me that if Fedor fought Brock it wouldn't at least get 600 k buys.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by svetz17
                  Adding to that tell me that if Fedor fought Brock it wouldn't at least get 600 k buys.
                  Now you are talking something completely different, this is a dream fight scenario that would still draw well based on the idea of nostalgia.

As for Brock, im not disagreeing that he can still pull decent numbers, I just don't see the point beyond maybe one fight against the right person. I'm not sure Brock would take a fight against Nelson, because he usually is only interested in big time opponents who offer maximum drawing potential.

Honestly, I think UFC should just concentrate on building other people with more longer term potential.

Myself, if I were to bring Brock in, I would put him on FOX. But he is accustomed to big PPV percentages, so it would cost them a lot of money to do so. But I think if they hyped his return to the cage and put it on free TV, during football season, it would crush what they are doing now (which is garbo).

Comment

• svetz17
                    Got Six?
                    • Jul 2012

Now you are talking something completely different, this is a dream fight scenario that would still draw well based on the idea of nostalgia.

As for Brock, im not disagreeing that he can still pull decent numbers, I just don't see the point beyond maybe one fight against the right person. I'm not sure Brock would take a fight against Nelson, because he usually is only interested in big time opponents who offer maximum drawing potential.

Honestly, I think UFC should just concentrate on building other people with more longer term potential.

Myself, if I were to bring Brock in, I would put him on FOX. But he is accustomed to big PPV percentages, so it would cost them a lot of money to do so. But I think if they hyped his return to the cage and put it on free TV, during football season, it would crush what they are doing now (which is garbo).
                    I actually think putting Brock on PPv with a lower weightclass title fight would make more sense for long term effect.

Fox is a good step as well, but, good luck getting brock on free tv.

I think the only heavyweights that he could fight and get drawing numbers are Mir, Fedor, Barnett and then maybe cormier. Other than that no brock fights make sense. I was just using Nelson because it was rumored and they are both names. Believe it or not casuals know Big Country well.

Comment

Working...