• Feb 2009

Sign of Eddie re-signing?
    Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• SHOGUN
      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
      • Jul 2009

I think this had to be done for the move to Spike. It will be interesting to see when they actually pull this out. I don't like people pointing to Chandler/Alvarez as the case for rematches in Bellator. As fantastic as that fight was, Chandler finished Alvarez outright with no controversy. To make animmediate rematch with Alvarez would undermine the entire idea of the tournament and wouldn't have been fair to Chandler. Heiron/Askren is the perfect example of a fight that needed a rematch.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
        I think this had to be done for the move to Spike. It will be interesting to see when they actually pull this out. I don't like people pointing to Chandler/Alvarez as the case for rematches in Bellator. As fantastic as that fight was, Chandler finished Alvarez outright with no controversy. To make animmediate rematch with Alvarez would undermine the entire idea of the tournament and wouldn't have been fair to Chandler. Heiron/Askren is the perfect example of a fight that needed a rematch.
        I agree, but Chandler/Alvarez was an obvious rematch from a business perspective. It was the first potential fight they had that could have made a difference business wise, and their hands were tied.

I like this. It gives them the ability to both capitalize on a potential money fight, plus as you say give an immediate rematch in the case of a shady finish/decision.

I'd also like to see a clause put in to allow winners of a non title "Superfight" to be given an immediate title rematch. This in effect means they have to beat the champ twice, which is comparable to winning a tournament and by no means a cheap path to the title.

Comment

Working...