Bellator 83: Martinez vs. Shamhalaev 145 Final (12/7 on MTV 2)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Bellator 83: Martinez vs. Shamhalaev 145 Final (12/7 on MTV 2)

Friday on MTV 2
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Caesars Atlantic City

This segment aired in 2011 and Bellator picked him up afterwards.

Season 7 Featherweight Tournament Final
    Winner Gets $100,000 & Guaranteed Title Fight
    Rad Martinez vs. Shahbulat Shamhaelaev

Zoila Gurgel vs. Jessica Eye

Former Bantamweight Champion Zach Makovsky vs. Anthony Leone

4th TV Fight TBA

PRELIMS
    Mike Wessel vs. Alexei Kudin
    Chris Liguori vs. Darrell Horcher
    Bo Harris vs. Claudio Ledesma
    Najim Wali vs. Kelvin Tiller
    Brylan Van Artsdalen vs. Terrell Hobbs
    Matthew Lozano vs. Tuan Pham

• EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

From an interview with MMAMania, Eye talking about Gurgel

Jessica Eye: She's, how do I say it, to me, she's a grudge-holder. She still has this hang-up about some conversation, a little bit of banter that we had back when I actually grappled one of her teammates. She took me completely the wrong way which is what she usually does with most people. If anybody doesn't say exactly what she wants to hear, she turns it into something negative.

We bantered back and forth over a grappling tournament. She said it happened on Facebook but it happened on Twitter and someone retweeted something about me in an argument with one of her teammates McKenzie. It wasn't an argument where it was heated, but someone retweeted what she said about missing excitement in the tournament, talking about me and McKenzie's small exchange of words. So I just tweeted back to her and said, "Hey, I'd love to give you some excitement one day," and that was it. Her and her husband just attacked me and all of my teammates online, calling me all kinds of names, telling me I was ugly, that I didn't deserve to be in the sport, that I was a poor sport which I'd never gotten.

She was referencing the Aisling Daly fight where I walked out of the cage, but if anybody saw that fight, they saw me shake Aisling's hand and tell her "great job Aisling" and again, I was going for a moment. It was the first time I'd ever lost in my MMA career and for her not to respect that and remember what it feels like in front of such a big crowd, it's actually bad karma for herself. It might happen to her where she has to stand there in front of thousands of people that she cares about and have to take that moment like a woman.

Comment

• Liquidrob
      Izzy is a bum
      • Feb 2009

BELLATOR TONIGHT

Shaluabat Shamulultutauat!
      Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Ugh...

-Paul Daley will fight nutbag War Machine. Problem is W.M. has a "slight" tear of his ACL and won't need surgery. Bellator will wait till he's ready and they'll fight then.

Holy crap did Eye look great or what against Gurgel.

Sucks for Makovsky but hell yeah for the NY guy, Leone.

Food poisoning for the Russian? At least next week's season finale looks awesome.

Heavyweight Title Fight, Lightweight Final & Featherweight Final

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Let's get this dreadful lame duck season over with. Overall it's been Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

• SHOGUN
            4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
            • Jul 2009

Eye put in that work on Gurgel.

Leone looked huge at BW. Really fun fight between him and Fun Size.

Bah, fuck that Daley/War Machine noise. I REALLY hope they don't delay the WW tournament, but it sounds like that is what's going to happen.

Next week's card should be dope.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

Working...