Scotland - best footballing nation in the world.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wr50l
    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
    • Oct 2008

Scotland - best footballing nation in the world.

You won't be more entertained anywhere else. Why do I say this?

Celtic have just qualified for the final stages of the Champions League, and they beat Barcelona to do so. On the other hand they can barely win at home in the league.

Rangers are in the lowest professional tier and attracting the biggest crowds in Scotland.

Hearts almost went bust.

A game was cancelled because the home team sold at least 1,000 tickets more than the capacity of their stadium deliberately.

Rangers are completely boycotting an away game in the Scottish Cup versus Dundee United to get revenge on the United chairman. By rule, Rangers are entitled to 40% of the gate receipts which they intend to donate to charity.

Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels is making up the rules by intending to play a suspended player, because by his definition he has served the suspension. "He was sent off in the 3rd minute and the game lasted 93 minutes, so as far as I'm concerned he missed that game." "I think I'm right but we'll what see what happens."

Three managers have been censured by the FA for criticizing referees so far; two have been suspended for it.
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Odd how your first point is to promote the fenians. You don't bleed blue mate.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
      I Can Score Goals
      • Dec 2008

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Not be a bubble-burster, but Celtic advanced on a win over Spartak Moscow where they won on a dubious (at absolute best) penalty awarded on a Samaras dive.

Comment

• wr50l
          Glen & CJ are secret Huns
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
          Not be a bubble-burster, but Celtic advanced on a win over Spartak Moscow where they won on a dubious (at absolute best) penalty awarded on a Samaras dive.
          Aye but are we really going to cry foul over a Portuguese team going out because of a dive? That's just karma.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
            Late to the party.
            • Jun 2009

I only saw that challenge once, and clearly Samaras embellished, but it looked like a pretty clumsy challenge to me.
            Originally posted by mgoblue2290
            If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
              Aye but are we really going to cry foul over a Portuguese team going out because of a dive? That's just karma.
              Not perterbed over Benfica at all. I actually am happier to see Celtic go through. Wasn't pointing it out in that sense. Simply that when celebrating the amazingness of Scottish football and the fact that Celtic did get through, it seemed a valid consideration.

And I have trouble calling it a clumsy challenge, BigHouse, because it wasn't really a challenge at all. I thought it was dubious when I watched the match, since it didn't look like there was much contact. I looked it up on Youtube and I'm not sure the defender (Kombarov?) actually makes contact with him at all. He stops right short of the player and is under control, then Samaras drops. Its not embellishment. Its outright flopping.

Comment

Working...