X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

NXT Season One - Three Years Later

People were critical of the choices at the time, but three years later and amazingly seven of these guys have stuck around, and most of them are doing very well. In fact, there are more 'rookies' remaining from Season One than pros.

Skip Sheffield - The Ryback is a main eventer and has the rocket strapped to his (acne filled) back

Darren Young - The man who looks like John Cena in blackface is one half of the cult favorite tag team, Prime Time Playas (is is Playas? If it isnt, it should be)

Justin Gabriel - Undercard B-show babyface, who two decades ago would have been a huge territory star drawing "blowjobs" to arenas throughout the south

Wade Barrett - Intercontinental champion, international bad ass. Showed immense promise from day one, and is fulfilling it

David Otunga - He clearly does not have the "it" factor, but he has found a niche as a comedy heel.

Daniel Bryan - Has succeeded beyond anybodies most optimistic projections, and did it in the complete opposite way than what was expected

Michael Tarver - Only guy who didn't make it in the WWE, but being the FUW BRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION and breaking up worked shoots over the prestigous NWA World Title is a nifty consolation

Heath Slater - Fantastic jobber who probably deserves better. I though this guy was a bum on the show, but he has really won me over. He's great in his role.

Daniel Bryan's first two WWE words were 'YES', and 'YES'. Interesting.
  • SuperKevin
    War Hero
    • Dec 2009

Cowboy Ryback is the best

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
      Cowboy Ryback is the best
      Hailing from College Station, Texas.

Heh.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

YIP YIP YIP, WHAT IT DO, WHAT IT DO!!!?

If you told me when NXT first started that 7 or 8 would be around 3 years later, I would have lul'd.

I thought Barrett, Bryan, and Sheffield would be the only ones not to get their future endeavors.

The most shocking is Darren Young...he's definitely found a niche.

Comment

• SuperKevin
          War Hero
          • Dec 2009

Ryback should have kept the cowboy gimmick. Wrestling needs one of those again

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Heath Slater is such a fantastic jobber. William Regal still has the best quote about him..."he has no redeeming qualities except you want to punch him in the face"

Comment

Working...