• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Bruno Sammartino Confirmed for WWE Hall of Fame

Thanks to HHH.

Hell froze over. Will be announced on Raw.

One of MSG's best draws returns in April.

• IamMedellin
    Everything Burns...
    • Nov 2008

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

Good to see those virgin sacrifices were finally answered.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

WWE Champions NOT in the WWE Hall of Fame

Ivan Koloff -- He's alive & only 70-years-old. No reason he shouldn't be in, the historic win over Bruno and I can't remember reading him having any beef with the McMahons.
        Stan Stasiak -- Died in 1997, longshot to get in unless they put him in when they have the next Canadian WM
        Randy Savage -- Dead. Apparently, brother Lanny says he requested to be in with their father (and Lanny), so this induction will wait.
        Ultimate Warrior -- Alive, but always tough to deal with. Seems like some years they get close but never pull the trigger. He'll go in eventually.
        The Undertaker -- obvious
        Kevin Nash -- obvious
        Sid -- Don't see why Vince would say no, he should be in eventually
        Kane -- obvious
        The Rock -- obvious
        HHH -- obvious
        Vince McMahon -- obvious
        Big Show -- obvious
        Kurt Angle -- Apparently, he's on decent terms with Vince, so he should go in once whenever he's done with TNA
        Chris Jericho -- obvious
        Brock Lesnar -- we'll see how their relationship goes
        JBL -- obvious
        John Cena -- obvious
        RVD -- doubtful, unless they do a WM in Philly, maybe?
        Randy Orton -- obvious
        Jeff Hardy -- obvious
        Batista -- obvious
        Sheamus -- we'll see
        The Miz --
        CM Punk -- obvious
        Rey Mysterio -- obvious
        Alberto Del Rio -- we'll see

Comment

• dave
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Really happy to see this happen. Good for both sides.
          Great post by EmpireWF, btw.

Interesting ESPN article on Bruno/WWE here: http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fan...rtino-into-hof
          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Word going around is that Bruno got $250,000 for his HOF appearance & involvement in future DVD projects, plus the WWE is going to fund his movie based on his life story that he has refused to sell to major studios because they want to change facts and "Hollywood" it up (he was offended that they wanted to portray his mother as a sex symbol, and other assorted Hollywood type enhancements). Bruno spent a few years as a child hiding with his mother from the Nazi's during WWII in the mountains of Italy. He won't sign off unless the movie is authentic.

I'm torn on this. On one hand, Bruno is a fraud for taking Vince's money after talking all that shit for all these years about being a man of principle. On the other hand, the WWE Hall of Fame doesn't really mean anything, so good for him for getting such a massive payoff and working Triple H like a mark.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

RE: Empire's list, I think Brock & Angle are locks. They are running out of "headliners" and both qualify.

I can see Ivan Koloff being a secondary guy one year. I don't think Stasiak will ever get in.

I also think that someday you will see an ECW themed year. Heyman, RVD, Sabu, maybe even Joey Styles. They are simply running out of draws/big names and need to sell this thing. Sting will get in at some point when he's officially finished.

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

I'm all for him getting his money and getting them to beg on their hands and knees. Yeah, he probably let down his guard and turned on his word but at the end of the day, it's the damn WWE Hall of Fame. It's completely meaningless and if they are willing to give him that much just to be apart of their worthless name-only HOF, then go Bruno.

Plus, that movie could very well be pretty awesome.
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

Working...