This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

With all of that available space, I could also see them bringing someone in via FA or also in another trade. I definitely agree with moving on and getting younger players, but Spezza at least is going to bring in an impact player for next season.

Comment

• leaffan
      Colton Orr Fan
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
      With all of that available space, I could also see them bringing someone in via FA or also in another trade. I definitely agree with moving on and getting younger players, but Spezza at least is going to bring in an impact player for next season.
      Ottawa is poor man. I don't think people really realize how stingy of an owner they have there.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• leaffan
        Colton Orr Fan
        • Feb 2009

Really really dreading the next week as a leaf fan. I really get the feeling they are going to fuck up a lot of things. If Dave Bolland is resigned to some 7 year deal and I'm not posting on here anymore its because I've gone ahead and smashed my computer.

Comment

• leaffan
          Colton Orr Fan
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
          Really really dreading the next week as a leaf fan. I really get the feeling they are going to fuck up a lot of things. If Dave Bolland is resigned to some 7 year deal and I'm not posting on here anymore its because I've gone ahead and smashed my computer.
          How my weekend went:

Was about 4 or 5 beers into it by the time the leafs pick came up and seen they chose Nylander. A feeling of:

happened because they didn't fuck it up. I really felt like they were changing.

The morning hangover came and then I read gunnarson was traded with a draft pick and salary retained for Polak. This is how I felt:

Then I see Gleason was bought out and I was happy again and had a good laugh at Georges blocking a trade from Montreal (thank god cuz the dude is an over rated boat anchor).

I need more alcohol for tomorrow I think.

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

Kulemin and Grabbo went to the Islanders...

Leafs are paying Komorov 3mil X 4seasons but didn't want to pony up an extra mil for Kulemin at 4 seasons...

Fuck my teams front office.

Nonis and Carlyle are going to be canned by Dec/Jan and Rob Blake and Steve Spott are going to replace them. Mark my words.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Pretty sweet if I must say so myself

Comment

• leaffan
                Colton Orr Fan
                • Feb 2009

Random thing I found from the leafs reddit today.

Kessel hasn't missed a game in 4 years. I had to laugh at this because I remember the one thing Bruins fans were harping on was how much he'll get injured and all that nonsense.

294GP 126Goals 278Pts.

Beauty.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

According to a report from Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona, missed meetings, missed buses and a shouting match with head coach Dave Tippett were among the infractions that cost Ribeiro his spot on the team.

Ribeiro's career has been marred by a reputation as a partier and has been followed by questions about his attitude. He was also once arrested for public intoxication while playing for the Dallas Stars in 2010, adding fuel to the concerns.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...r-mike-ribeiro
                  Interesting move by the Coyotes to cut him, I wonder if the Capitals will take a chance on him again after losing Grabovski. Needless to say, it is a certainly that Ribeiro gets a one year "show me" deal after the surprise cut.

Predators may have one of the best signings of the off-season by signing Volchenkov to a one year, $1 million deal. Great value, and fits what they like to do.

Comment

• leaffan
                    Colton Orr Fan
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                    Interesting move by the Coyotes to cut him, I wonder if the Capitals will take a chance on him again after losing Grabovski. Needless to say, it is a certainly that Ribeiro gets a one year "show me" deal after the surprise cut.

Predators may have one of the best signings of the off-season by signing Volchenkov to a one year, $1 million deal. Great value, and fits what they like to do.
                    The Volchenkov deal was a sick. I'm still waiting to see who goes after Devin Setoguchi. Going to be one of those tryout contracts for sure.

Ribeiro is really going to have a tough time finding a pro club unless someone wants to take a chance on him. Was listening to a show on the NHL network on Sirius this morning and the one reporter they had on said he was hearing from a bunch sources that GMs are turning their backs on him and his agent is frantically trying to find anyone who will take him.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

The Volchenkov deal was a sick. I'm still waiting to see who goes after Devin Setoguchi. Going to be one of those tryout contracts for sure.

Ribeiro is really going to have a tough time finding a pro club unless someone wants to take a chance on him. Was listening to a show on the NHL network on Sirius this morning and the one reporter they had on said he was hearing from a bunch sources that GMs are turning their backs on him and his agent is frantically trying to find anyone who will take him.
                      I can certainly understand that. The guy is in his 30's and was getting into trouble out in Phoenix. No telling what happens if he goes back to a larger market. The Rangers could really use him to replace some of the players they've lost, but I bet they won't be taking the chance on him spoiling the clubhouse atmosphere. Washington or Dallas might be the only places where he might be wanted.

Comment

• leaffan
                        Colton Orr Fan
                        • Feb 2009

Dan Clearly just got 1.5mil and another mil in possible bonuses...

I seriously think we're going to start seeing the demise of the Wings. because some of these moves really baffle me.

Comment

• Apocalypse
                          • Nov 2008

Dan Clearly just got 1.5mil and another mil in possible bonuses...

I seriously think we're going to start seeing the demise of the Wings. because some of these moves really baffle me.
                          Yeah idk what they're thinking with this..

RIP West

Comment

• leaffan
                            Colton Orr Fan
                            • Feb 2009

Judging by what I'm reading on the Internet there's a lot of wings fans baffled by this. The wings clearly have some talent in the minors and constantly having them buried by guys like Cleary hurt the team more then help. Datsyuk is 35 now and how many years does he realistically have left. Zetterburg has the back of a 50 year old and will have another season where he will probably be on the shelf for a while. Their defense is lead by kronwall and quincy and spare parts basically. I like dekeyser though.

Can't say I'm not happy though because the years of dealing with clueless wings fans will be fun when they start to go in the hole.

Comment

• Apocalypse
                              • Nov 2008

Judging by what I'm reading on the Internet there's a lot of wings fans baffled by this. The wings clearly have some talent in the minors and constantly having them buried by guys like Cleary hurt the team more then help. Datsyuk is 35 now and how many years does he realistically have left. Zetterburg has the back of a 50 year old and will have another season where he will probably be on the shelf for a while. Their defense is lead by kronwall and quincy and spare parts basically. I like dekeyser though.

Can't say I'm not happy though because the years of dealing with clueless wings fans will be fun when they start to go in the hole.
                              Yeah.. Cleary will most likely be a scratch most games and they'll keep the door open for the AHL guys. I'm thinking a repeat of last year unless they make a trade for a defenseman, definitely not what the clueless fans are thinking..lol "WE'VE GOT THE BEST FARM SYSTEM EVER, #1 SEED COMING UP! WAIT WHAT WE'RE IN 6TH PLACE WOAH UGH WHAT HAPPENED?"

RIP West

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                                • Sep 2024

Hawks looking to shop Oduya, which makes more sense than Sharp for now especially if they want to make a great run this season, then they can move Sharp next off-season.

I like Tampa signing Morrow to continue adding depth to their bottom six.

Comment

Working...