X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leaffan
    Colton Orr Fan
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
    KHL team is offering Selanne $10 million to play this season, and $5 million if he only wanted to play home games.

Is that league getting ready to go under? That's an insane price to pay for a 44 year old player, even if it is to play for his home town team.
    From what I read the KHL is starting to get into a bit of a financial disaster. Teams losing more money then making and home talent just not staying and opting for the NHL.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by leaffan
      From what I read the KHL is starting to get into a bit of a financial disaster. Teams losing more money then making and home talent just not staying and opting for the NHL.
      The NHL is still the premier league, hockey players want to win a Stanley Cup. Radulov being the only player close to being an NHL star picking the KHL instead also doesn't help their case. With more financial problems, they most certainly aren't going to attract anyone else. From what I've read, it's only a handful of clubs that aren't worried about finances.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Comment

• leaffan
          Colton Orr Fan
          • Feb 2009

More on the Subban signing. Looks like the owner molson over ruled Bergevin and did the Subban contract.

If this is true its really not surprising.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Charles Wang being sued for $10 million by a group claiming they had a handshake agreement on the sale of the club that he went back on.

(I've forgotten how dead the hockey off-season is during August, such a horrible time of year. At least my Orioles are in first place.)

Comment

• leaffan
              Colton Orr Fan
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
              Charles Wang being sued for $10 million by a group claiming they had a handshake agreement on the sale of the club that he went back on.

(I've forgotten how dead the hockey off-season is during August, such a horrible time of year. At least my Orioles are in first place.)
              I hear you. NHL radio on XM is reaching hard a lot lately. I've switched over totally to focus on golf and fantasy football. I still play FHM 2014 almost every day though so I have some sort of hockey going on.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

On another forum, I am participating in an NHL redraft, where you throw everyone into a pool and go through a fantasy draft to see who can create the best team. I picked a team up that someone dropped, and trying to make the best of things. How would you construct lines with these six forwards.

Andrew Ladd, Patrick Hornqvist, Tyler Ennis, Radim Vrbata, Patrick Marleau, Derek Stepan

I currently have Marleau as a center out of necessity, due to a run on centers I wasn't present for. He is centering Ennis and Hornqvist, with Stepan having Ladd and Vrbata.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Sounds a lot like sour grapes, but still an interesting read. As a Capitals fan, I understand the frustration about the playoffs. We had an extremely talented roster with him behind the bench, and while he brought the Capitals back to contention (and he will always be thanked for that) he had to go.

I'm posting an excerpt of a conversation Selanne claims he had with Boudreau.

“I waited after everyone else had left the ice and skated to Boudreau,” he said. “I yelled at him right to his face with what I was thinking. I asked what he has against me. I told him that since he became our coach, he has not respected me one bit. You never put me on ice when we play 5-on-3 or 4-on-4 or when we are one goal behind in the end of the game. Be honest for one time and answer.

“He just stammered that decisions were not his alone and it was a group decision. I asked which group and he said GM and scouts. I yelled at him ‘Whoa, what kind of a coach are you if you don't even decide the lineup?' He tried to skate away but I just yelled that I wasn't finished.

“I told Boudreau if you ever want to win something in a playoffs, you're going to need me. Nobody else wants to win as much as me.”

Read More: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...au-in-new-book

Comment

• leaffan
                    Colton Orr Fan
                    • Feb 2009

Sounds more like Selanne being a little bitter. He avg. 14mins a night during the season and from what I've read has lost a step or two. Him not playing big mins over other players in the playoffs just seems like a smart coaching move.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Nash with 3 points to open the season including the game winning goal on a great pass from St. Louis...to beat St. Louis.

Tomorrow at Columbus for game 2.

Comment

• leaffan
                        Colton Orr Fan
                        • Feb 2009

Its going to be another fun rocky road in Toronto this year. I predicted to most people that if the leafs were even .500 after 10 games I would be really surprised and so far they they've surprised me. The games I've watched I'm seeing a different team system wise but I still see the same sort of mistakes that kill them (weak defensive play at some times even weaker down the middle outside of Kadri).

Comment

• leaffan
                          Colton Orr Fan
                          • Feb 2009

Other random postings:

The hell Rangers... I only seen them in the leaf blow out so I can't really give any insight there but what the hell is going on there.

Lumbus! Probably the only other Eastern team I don't hate. So many injuries yet they are still rolling. I'm going down to the Jackets/Leafs game on Halloween night and I hope the place will be rocking.

I see Philly is off to their normal starts. That team should try as hard as it can to not have games scheduled in October.

The following gong shows of teams will be fun to watch in terms of carnage this year. Buffalo and Calgary and to some extent Florida who is doing their best impression of the predators of the past. Don't allow many goals but don't score many either.

Comment

• leaffan
                            Colton Orr Fan
                            • Feb 2009

Oh and the Oilers have allowed 23 goals in their first 4 games and this is games where they allowed 5 against Calgary (lol), 5 against the Canucks, 6 against LA and said screw it to trying and allowed 7 against the Coyotes.

How many years have people been screaming at them to get some defensive talent in there.

Comment

• ryne candy
                              Aggie C/O '01
                              • Feb 2009

Comment

• Slateman
                                • Apr 2009

The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
                                As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
                                If only I had died instead of you
                                O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

Working...