Bellator TV News: Reality Shows Ft. Couture, Frank Shamrock, Greg Jackson, Joe Warren

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Bellator TV News: Reality Shows Ft. Couture, Frank Shamrock, Greg Jackson, Joe Warren

The network has picked up 10 episodes of competition series "Fight Master: Bellator MMA" and three of "MMA Rescue," both featuring the Hall of Famer.

"Fight Master: Bellator MMA" and "MMA Rescue" were announced this afternoon at a Spike/Bellator press conference.

Fight Master is their version of TUF and will feature 4 camps coached by Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, Greg Jackson & Joe Warren. 32 welterweights will be vying for a spot in a future Bellator tournament and some money. The details say fighters will be able to choose which camp they're in and can choose who they fight.

Of course, Dana says Randy is no longer allowed to corner guys on UFC shows (including his son)...so everyone's wondering whether Dana will pitch a fit again about Jackson.

10 hour-long episodes have been ordered and are expected to premiere this summer on Spike.

Also, "MMA Rescue" will feature Couture helping to turn failing gyms around. It's another line of 'Rescue' shows after 'Bar Rescue' and 'Tattoo Rescue.' The story above says production here is likely to begin after Fight Master's done shooting.

Couture's deal also includes a first look at new projects in a number of content categories, with Spike open to nonsports efforts and Levy not ruling out a scripted venture. "We're looking at everything we can do with him," she said. "Some will be sports related, and some won't -- because Randy is a movie star."

• Liquidrob
    Izzy is a bum
    • Feb 2009

SHAMROCK ON SPIKE
    Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• SHOGUN
      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
      • Jul 2009

Those names are terrible. They seriously couldn't come up with anything better?

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

Working...