• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wr50l
    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
    • Oct 2008

Clowe to the Rangers for picks

Looks almost confirmed.

We need toughness so he fits the bill. UFA next year, so we can cut loose if it doesn't work. This is definitely an immediate upgrade for us.
  • leaffan
    Colton Orr Fan
    • Feb 2009

One of the second-round picks is conditional on Clowe re-signing with the Rangers or winning two playoff series. The pick becomes a fifth-round selection if neither of the two comes to fruition.

The team with the lowest goals for in the league shipped 3 draft picks off for a guy that hasn't scored this season.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• wr50l
      • Oct 2008

Hearing two second rounders and a third. Teams really don't think anything of these draft picks anymore.

I think this is the Rangers taking a shot now and getting ready to clear out and start again. If we don't win the Cup I can see Girardi, Richards and Gaborik both gone by the end of next season; or rather, I can see them gone regardless and this will be considered a success if we manage to win the Cup.

Comment

• wr50l
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by leaffan

The team with the lowest goals for in the league shipped 3 draft picks off for a guy that hasn't scored this season.

Meh. If it's not top 10 no one in the league cares about the draft anymore.

Comment

• leaffan
          Colton Orr Fan
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
          Meh. If it's not top 10 no one in the league cares about the draft anymore.
          This draft is crazy deep. Hasn't NHL13 taught you anything.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• sraczk2011
            West Coast Bias
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by leaffan

For 13 games worth of a guy who hasn't scored all season. Wish he would have agreed to an extension to up the return, but I don't mind the deal.

Comment

• wr50l
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by sraczk2011
              For 13 games worth of a guy who hasn't scored all season. Wish he would have agreed to an extension to up the return, but I don't mind the deal.
              You know, at 30 years old with numerous 15+ goal seasons, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and a change of scenery to get him back on track.

Comment

Working...