Marco van Ginkel has completed his move from Vitesse Arnhem to Chelsea (Sky)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrispy
    Needs a hobby
    • Dec 2008

Marco van Ginkel has completed his move from Vitesse Arnhem to Chelsea (Sky)

• kyhadley
    Carefree
    • Oct 2008

yay

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
      I Can Score Goals
      • Dec 2008

Gotta say I agree with Overmars, I can't see him getting much gametime.

Comment

• kyhadley
        Carefree
        • Oct 2008

He'll get his (speculation is Romeu is going on loan to Valencia, but even if he doesn't). Supposedly Jose has already promised him that. We don't really have a player like him on the squad, he's like a more physical Lampard. I'm also anticipating a return to a 3-man midfield.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
          I Can Score Goals
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by kyhadley
          He'll get his (speculation is Romeu is going on loan to Valencia, but even if he doesn't). Supposedly Jose has already promised him that. We don't really have a player like him on the squad, he's like a more physical Lampard. I'm also anticipating a return to a 3-man midfield.
          I'll believe it when I see it, if I'm McEachran I'm pissed looks like another season on loan.

sidenote: The amount of quality youngsters Chelsea have that can't get gametime/out on loan is sickening.

Comment

• kyhadley
            Carefree
            • Oct 2008

My guess is we're going to try to get McEachran a loan spell with a premier league team this season and then bring him back into the fold the season after as he is one of the few in our squad that is trained with our club. Hopefully by then he'll be able to compete with the rest of our up-and-comers. If not, well I'm afraid he might become a designated backup for a while due to that home-grown status.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
              I Can Score Goals
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by kyhadley
              My guess is we're going to try to get McEachran a loan spell with a premier league team this season and then bring him back into the fold the season after as he is one of the few in our squad that is trained with our club. Hopefully by then he'll be able to compete with the rest of our up-and-comers. If not, well I'm afraid he might become a designated backup for a while due to that home-grown status.

He's definitely too good for the Championship, he needs to be starting week in week out for a mid to low level PL team to get the experience, same problem we have with a few of our youngsters (Wisdom, Suso, Robinson, etc.). He's the real deal imho, Mourinho's brief is to do it with youth this time around supposedly, so I'm very interested to see how it turns out cause you guys are stacked at youth level. All comes down to how well he's able to phase out the old guard and bring in the youngsters.

Comment

• kyhadley
                Carefree
                • Oct 2008

Agreed I think he could challenge with Oscar and De Bruyne for that "Lampard" role in a 3-man midfield (if we return to it), especially with this likely being Lamp's last season. This was glorious:

I'm fully trusting Jose to get the most out of our youngsters. They all seem fully aware that they will have to earn their spots, and if they do they'll play. And we really don't have too much old guard left. All of our key players save Cech and Cole are in their early to mid 20s. I believe Lukaku is ready to lead the line, Ba is a capable willing backup, Torres is shit (I've been banging that drum in r/chelseafc for a while now, rustling quite a few Torres apologist jimmies). Lampard and Essien I think know they are on their way out. Terry I think is ready to accept a diminished role (still think he's got some left in the tank though). Plus like I said Jose has made it clear that no spots are automatic with the old guys.

The future is pretty bright, I can't wait for the season to start. Jose has quite a few tools at his disposal.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                  Late to the party.
                  • Jun 2009

If Newcastle cared about building a team we should be really trying to get one of Chelsea's many attacking mids on loan, should've been in for Marin at least. That's too easy though.
                  Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                  If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                    Tiote!
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                    If Newcastle cared about building a team we should be really trying to get one of Chelsea's many attacking mids on loan, should've been in for Marin at least. That's too easy though.
                    It's going to be a long summer. Most of the main 'targets' have gone. Bent seems to be the real focus, which I'm fine with as he can score goals. But we need more in defence and midfield

At least they sold Perch

Comment

Working...