Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    And now, Sting gets a title shot when he lost a match like 3 months ago that stated he could never get another title shot if he lost?
    I thought they were trying some massive troll attempt, but nope, it was Sting. Maybe trying to give him one last run with the strap before he departs for his Wrestlemania moment?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Due to a visa or passport issue, Magnus arrived late to Cleveland and missed the show that aired tonight, but I believe he did arrive in Cleveland later. This won't affect him going forward.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Jay Bradley beat Joseph Park for 7 points on the 8/28 Xplosion. One problem. That match had already happened on the 8/1 edition of Impact, with Joseph Park beating Jay Bradley for 7 points.

Also, this:

June 27th - House Show:
        Samoa Joe defeated Bobby Roode by [Submission] (yet to be acknowledged)
        Magnus defeated Hernandez by [Pinfall]
        Joe vs Roode, the match that happened but then *POOF* disappeared.

TNA FUCKING SUCKS, GROAN ME DERRVILLE

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

I haven't seen Derrville here in awhile so I thought I'd fill in with a groan.

I think my next peice is going to be: whats worse WCW 2000 or 2013 TNA? Way too many god damn similarities.
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

TNA has advertised Bully Ray vs. A.J. Styles tonight in Woodstock, VA for the title as the main event. If you remember, there was a TV match a year ago where Styles couldn't get another title shot at the big belt which was the catalyst for his new character that went nowhere. The year isn't up.
            TNA.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              TNA has advertised Bully Ray vs. A.J. Styles tonight in Woodstock, VA for the title as the main event. If you remember, there was a TV match a year ago where Styles couldn't get another title shot at the big belt which was the catalyst for his new character that went nowhere. The year isn't up.
              TNA.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Worst Promotion of the Year? Is it locked up?

Other contenders..

All Japan - Half of the roster quit, and they are running four & five match shows to empty houses. See puro thread for a dreadful attendance pic from the last major show. On the flip side, two guys who stayed, SUWAMA & Go Shiozaki, are in the midst of a feud of the year runner up contender (nothing is beating Brock/Punk, you would think) with awesome matches over the Triple Crown, so at least they have that.

NOAH - Half of the roster quit, and booooring. But, at least they work hard and KENTA is having reasonably decent matches as champion.

AAA - Nobody saw TripleMania due to the iPPV disaster, and Jeff Jarrett was on top in 2013. Positives? They do reasonably well at the gate and nothing has been offensive or embarrassing aside from the TripleMania mess.

Last year's contenders...

ROH - Still couldn't get iPPV right, but in ring aside from SCUM they have had a really good year. Not a contender.

NWA - No longer promoting dead wrestlers in New Jersey or burning bridges with top stars. Good bounce back year with Rob Conway on top, partnership with New Japan, and eliminating affiliates that do stupid shit, like the group from New Jersey. Champions are workhorses like Conway, Killer Elite Squad, Damian Wayne, etc. Not a contender.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Who am I kidding, TNA has to be the worst. Dreadful booking, in financial peril, can't draw, no great matches all year long. At least the other groups have had some good matches.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

It is TNA and its not even close.

CHIKARA has to be in the mix, but TNA puts them to shame.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      It is TNA and its not even close.

CHIKARA has to be in the mix, but TNA puts them to shame.
                      Good call on Chikara. Forgot all about them.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

I've been super critical of CHIKARA but it has to be TNA. Everything they've done this year has been absolute shit from adding millions of dollars of expense for every television show, running huge buildings then put draps on 3/4th of it, firing a guy who broke his neck in the company, top guys saying if someone else was running the company they'd be better, BFG, just a total shitshow.

At least with CHIKARA we don't know the FULL story. We assume this and that, but it may not be their fault that they have to do this pseudo-shutdown angle. I think transparency is always best, so I don't like their direction but I won't cast them as the worst promotion of the year just because we don't know the full story.

TNA from every level top to bottom, everything in between has been a comedy of errors this year. No doubter, should received 100% of the votes.
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Let's not forget that TNA/Bellator/Viacom signed three MMA fighters this year, and one of them wasn't Josh Barnett, who is a legit excellent pro wrestler, still a top fighter, & legit top level promo. He is the total package, and would have been perfect for what they are trying to do. Would have been the best heavyweight in Bellator, one of the best promos on the TNA roster, one of the ten best workers in the ring with a unique style.

Comment

Working...