Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PP
    • Feb 2010

Rangers sign the KING to an extension

So the Rangers give their goalie an 7 year deal ( he will be 38 when its up) I know times are different and age is less of a factor now than in the past (HGH) but he has already shown signs of decline. I think this is a bad signing. Plus he is getting 1.5 more a year than Rask and Rinne. lol okay NY.

24-feb-13-159730068ab00024-montreal-c.jpg
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

If they were going to give him a seven year deal, why wasn't this done two years ago? I know they wanted to keep him, and one could argue due to fan backlash they had to keep him, but seven years to 38 is a bit extreme with that annual amount.

Comment

• leaffan
      Colton Orr Fan
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PP
      http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

So the Rangers give their goalie an 7 year deal ( he will be 38 when its up) I know times are different and age is less of a factor now than in the past (HGH) but he has already shown signs of decline. I think this is a bad signing. Plus he is getting 1.5 more a year than Rask and Rinne. lol okay NY.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1739[/ATTACH]
      That's because of the upcoming cap inflation and the fact that Rinne and Rask were signed before the current CBA was put into place.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• wr50l
        Glen & CJ are secret Huns
        • Oct 2008

Looks like PP is in derpcline if he thinks a 20 game stretch is enough evidence that the best goalie for half a decade is losing his touch.

Comment

• kmanharris
          Seven
          • Oct 2008

Should send PP the game tape of tonight's Rangers/Sabres game to see how much of a decline he is truly in.

Comment

• Ravin
            Dishing the Gino's
            • Feb 2009

The King is the difference between the Rangers being a playoff team and the Rangers being a bottom half team.
            All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

Working...