Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

WWEN should have random match marathons...like its MTV in the 80's...their late night should simply feature a random match playlist from midnight to 6am or whatever.

One of the best parts of WWEN is watching shit and between hours/shows and getting some random matches. Was watching the Bash 99 and before the next show...we get Rock v. Brock at SummerSlam. Its not even a great match...but awesome.

Need to get random #deepcuts though. Like Regal v. Finley on WCW Pro in 1997. Or the Hollywood Blondes v. Marcus Alexander Bagwell and Two Cold Scorpio from Worldwide.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

I mean, if you got 7 minutes to burn WWE...throw on some FINLEY V. EL DANDY!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

WCW Pro, WCW Worldwide, WWF Velocity, i'd settle for any of these C-shows being added as a package deal like Clash. I would eat that shit up, I love those random 6 minute TV matches.

WWF Super Astros needs to see the light of day. It ran for about a year, and I never saw it because it didn't air where I lived and it ws a little bit before shit was easy to find/download on the internet. WWF producing lucha in front of cold RAW crowds who don't understand the culture...I NEED TO SEE THIS.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          WCW Pro, WCW Worldwide, WWF Velocity, i'd settle for any of these C-shows being added as a package deal like Clash. I would eat that shit up, I love those random 6 minute TV matches.

WWF Super Astros needs to see the light of day. It ran for about a year, and I never saw it because it didn't air where I lived and it ws a little bit before shit was easy to find/download on the internet. WWF producing lucha in front of cold RAW crowds who don't understand the culture...I NEED TO SEE THIS.
          When I was younger, I didn't appreciate these matches...just thought they were throwaways...I look back on them now, and wonder where these little 7 minute filler matches went. Some of these 4-8 minute matches are really really good matches. They aren't even fancy. Just a guys going out there and putting together well constructed matches.

Meng, Regal, Brad Armstrong, Dustin Rhodes, Marcus Bagwell, 2 Cold, Pillman, Austin, Arn Anderson...they'd all have these great little matches...none would come close to 10 minutes, but they were nice little filler matches. Very rarely did they even advance story (moreso in the early 90's, less so post Nitro)...the early 90's Saturday Nights were great. I was a total mark for every Blondes versus Douglas-Steamboat match and tuned into Saturday Night or Worldwide or Main Event just to see them. Also, WCW POWER HOUR.

You'd also get some real nice matches when Vader, Foley, Sting got time on Saturday Night or the occasional Worldwide show. They'd be working these matches with ideas they probably passed on or didn't work out for the big PPV matches but they ended up with better matches than they did for the next PPV.

Later on, when they let the luchas go, they'd never get more than say...7 minutes...but they always delivered. Early WCW Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Liger, Psicosis, Dandy...there was also a really good Eddie versus DDP match I haven't seen in years from Saturday Night.

When WCW was at its worst, you were still getting nice little matches on Saturday Night. Above Average Mike Sanders and Disco Inferno was putting in work on Saturday Night but looked like a complete dweebs on Nitro.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Shit like this was the highlight of my wrestling week back in the early 90's.

I GOT THIS GUY WHOSE GOT A TRIPLE MOONSAULT OFF THE TOP THAT IS CRAZY. IT MAKES JUSTIN LIGER LOOK LIKE HES MOVIN IN SLOW MOTION!

Its Buddy Lee Parker

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Watched the February 89 Main Event special (they added the rest of the 80s SNME as best I can tell) and in the pre-match promos, Mene Gene dropped a few ghastly references about the Twin Towers in hindsight...then Hogan did one himself, too. lol

Savage was so fucking good, a legit once in a lifetime type of talent.

Akeem the African Dream doing his jive motions nonstop is always hilarious. This was also the match where he fell through the middle rope trying to run and damn near fell right on his head. Bossman at this point was well over 300 pounds and thick, damn could he move well for a big dude.

Two thumbs up for Elizabeth who took two massive bumps -- one with Savage being thrown out of the ring and directly onto her head. The other, Savage grabbed her and tossed her to the ground afterward. By this point, she'd been by Randy's side and in wrestling for most of the decade, but this was the start of their on-camera split that lasted until Wrestlemania 7 in 1991.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Still working my way through my 1989 WCW rewatch. It holds up. Flair, Steamboat, Funk, Muta, Sting, & Luger were all on fire. Sting vs Muta at the Bash is a great, great match. Crowd is red hot for both guys. Flair vs Funk and Steamboat vs Luger hit the mark too. Main event War Games is a shit match. Enjoyed the opening bout double ring battle royal with the randoms like Wild Bill Irwin & Ranger Ross.

Speaking of Wild Bill Irwin, watch the Irwin vs Pillman match for some of the best in ring trash talk of all time from Wild Bill. Just fantastic.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

WWE Network desperately needs two things right now.

#1 - All of the old WWF/WCW B, C, and D shows. Superstars, Prime Time, Velocity, Main Event, Wrestling Challenge, Saturday Night, WorldWide, Pro, PowerHour, Jakked, Metal, Shotgun Saturday Night...etc. You get the point.

#2 - Each show (TV, PPV, etc), needs to be bookmarked where you can jump straight to a match, much like a DVD. This will allow them to create a RANDOM button that will jump straight to an actual match...can also create playlists...some social networking, ala Spotify would be fantastic.

I really don't feel like always watching long ass pay per views or events when I want to do some random wrestling watching every single time.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    WWE Network desperately needs two things right now.

#1 - All of the old WWF/WCW B, C, and D shows. Superstars, Prime Time, Velocity, Main Event, Wrestling Challenge, Saturday Night, WorldWide, Pro, PowerHour, Jakked, Metal, Shotgun Saturday Night...etc. You get the point.

#2 - Each show (TV, PPV, etc), needs to be bookmarked where you can jump straight to a match, much like a DVD. This will allow them to create a RANDOM button that will jump straight to an actual match...can also create playlists...some social networking, ala Spotify would be fantastic.

I really don't feel like always watching long ass pay per views or events when I want to do some random wrestling watching every single time.
                    shit, I'd settle on just updating the TV that's already up: ECW, WCCW, 90s RAWs, etc. But if they ever did get to your #1 point, I'd shut my mouth and get lost in it all.

Inexcuseable to just quit updating the footage for months at a time when we know all that content is already processed through legal and all that crap. The network is a massive letdown and with the exception of NXT & the monthly PPVs gets little airtime for me anymore.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

How bookmarks still aren't on things, at least the PPV shows, is a bit ridiculous. Like empire said, update and expand what's already there

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                        shit, I'd settle on just updating the TV that's already up: ECW, WCCW, 90s RAWs, etc. But if they ever did get to your #1 point, I'd shut my mouth and get lost in it all.

Inexcuseable to just quit updating the footage for months at a time when we know all that content is already processed through legal and all that crap. The network is a massive letdown and with the exception of NXT & the monthly PPVs gets little airtime for me anymore.
                        Man, WWEN is getting less burn from me, too. I only watch NXT and the PPV. I really want to binge watch random shit at times, but then I jump in and I start looking for shit to watch and...I ain't want to watch three hours of Starrcade 86, feel me?

Comment

Working...