X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • albidnis
    GFX Crew
    • Nov 2008

Golf for a Non-Golfer

So I am 40 now and I would like to take up Golf. I have gone to driving ranges ages ag, but I don't think that really counts. I am a complete novice. Are there any golf enthusiasts here that can provide some guidance on where to start? I have looked around and one on one training seems a bit pricey. Hopefully the VSN community can help me out....

Sidenote: I have played lots of mini-golf..lol
  • number_55
    No longer a noob
    • Jan 2012

I play golf casually with some buddies in the NYC area. We started by playing pitch and putt until we felt confident enough with a driver to play on a real course. After that we played 9 hole courses before moving on to 18 hole courses. We mostly taught ourselves.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
      • Jul 2010

once you get our swings down, dont let go......this is a sport that you must do all year round.
      which means, the golf range during the winter but you should have some courses more south of you available.

i havent played in like 15 years cuz of that.......it takes awhile to get that swing back.
      then again; drinking for 18 holes didnt help either; lol
      3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• PP
        • Feb 2010

practice.... plus golf is a game you dont even have to be good at to enjoy imo.

Comment

• albidnis
          GFX Crew
          • Nov 2008

I am bringing this topic back because I started to play when I posted this then I stopped. Yes, I want to start again...lol Any new tips? I think I am going to get some sort of instructional video.

Comment

• buckeye
            Noob
            • Dec 2013

Biggest tip I can give. Don't keep score or only keep track of certain parts of your game. (For instance if you want to work on your putting, don't keep track of how many strokes when on the green.) Golf is at minimum 50% mental and getting yourself frustrated will destroy your game.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...