X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leaffan
    Colton Orr Fan
    • Feb 2009

PK Subban looking for 45mil for 7 years

He's looking for Pietrangelo money which imo was one of the best contracts in the league.

The Canadiens would almost be stupid not to take that offer and run.

Leafs offseason training!
  • dave
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by leaffan
    He's looking for Pietrangelo money which imo was one of the best contracts in the league.

The Canadiens would almost be stupid not to take that offer and run.
    If that's what he's asking for, I do that in a heartbeat. Frankly, it seems like a lowball request.
    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• leaffan
      Colton Orr Fan
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
      If that's what he's asking for, I do that in a heartbeat. Frankly, it seems like a lowball request.
      Not really. That's pretty high for a guy on RFA still and is on a team that will hold out till his contract demands are lowered. The team has the power here not the player.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

$5 million per season for seven years, putting him at 32 when the contract is done. If I am the Habs, I sign him to that in a heartbeat.

Comment

• leaffan
          Colton Orr Fan
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
          $5 million per season for seven years, putting him at 32 when the contract is done. If I am the Habs, I sign him to that in a heartbeat.
          I doubt it. That Norris trophy win and fan pressure is where the extra money is going to come from.

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

Just to add on it looks like Subban is looking for the same sort of deal as Pietrangelo got from St. Louis. which was 7 years with a 6.5 avg. cap hit. Pietrangelo got that contract after putting up a 51pt season the year before and was on pace for the same thing again during the shorten season. Subban had 53pts this season and a Norris trophy the year before after taking a bridge deal so getting the same sort of deal isn't out of the question. I'm honestly surprised we're not talking 7.5 or plus.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by leaffan
              Just to add on it looks like Subban is looking for the same sort of deal as Pietrangelo got from St. Louis. which was 7 years with a 6.5 avg. cap hit. Pietrangelo got that contract after putting up a 51pt season the year before and was on pace for the same thing again during the shorten season. Subban had 53pts this season and a Norris trophy the year before after taking a bridge deal so getting the same sort of deal isn't out of the question. I'm honestly surprised we're not talking 7.5 or plus.
              Still a great bargain all things considering. It sounds like Subban might be giving them a discount, though for what or why I am not sure.

Comment

• dave
                Go the fuck outside
                • Oct 2008

Again ... if this is serious and what Subban is asking for, just sign the deal. Pietrangelo had no more bargaining power when he signed his deal.
                I get you could go Mike Babcock on me and say Pietrangelo is a better player ... but I still give Subban that contract if that's what he's asking for.
                My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• leaffan
                  Colton Orr Fan
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                  Again ... if this is serious and what Subban is asking for, just sign the deal. Pietrangelo had no more bargaining power when he signed his deal.
                  I get you could go Mike Babcock on me and say Pietrangelo is a better player ... but I still give Subban that contract if that's what he's asking for.
                  I don't have to go anything. Pietrangelo is easily the better defensive player and pretty close if not the same offensive wise. A lot of PKs points (this year anyways) comes from some heavy PP time. When I say heavy I mean he was literally on for 80% of the Canadiens Powerplays this season. That's just unreal. Then he would only play on the PK 11% of the time. His Norris winning season seen him on only 27% of the time which is why I was totally against him winning the trophy that year. A Norris dman to me is a guy who not only can put up a lot of points but also plays in every situation. Something PK just doesn't have happen. For comparisons sake Erik Karlsson played on 75% of the sens PP, Yandle almost makes it to 80% and Brian Campbell is sitting at 66%. PK played 20more mins on the PP alone then Yandle and after that it just gets staggering.

Comment

Working...