Friday Night 9/5 MMA War: UFC Fight Night (FS1) & Bellator (SPIKE)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Friday Night 9/5 MMA War: UFC Fight Night (FS1) & Bellator (SPIKE)

Tomorrow UFC and Bellator are running literally less than a dozen miles apart in Connecticut.

UFC Fight Night: Jacare vs. Mousasi - Fox Sports 1
    (Prelims) 7pm eastern
    (Main card) 10pm eastern

Jacare Souza vs. Gegard Mousasi
    *Jacare tries to avenge his loss from 2008. Since then, he's emerged as one of the best middleweights and is 3-0 in the UFC. Mousasi came back from a loss to Lyoto Machida to choke out Mark Munoz in May. A title fight may be in Souza's 2015 if he can win this.
    Alistair Overeem vs. Ben Rothwell
    *REEM is now training with the Jackson/Winkeljohn team and has been trading insults with former Blackzilian teammate Anthony Johnson (AJ says REEM is a bully in the gym, REEM says AJ is a pussy). Rothwell has not fought since last summer because of elevated testosterone levels.
    Matt Mitrione vs. Derrick Lewis
    *Mitrione's fight in July against Stefan Struve was canceled (b/c of Struve's health) while the following day "Black Beast" Lewis knocked out his opponent and called Mitrione out.
    Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Chiesa
    *Lauzon's newborn baby boy was diagnosed with cancer at the start of 2014 and recently has been declared cancer free after months of treatments. This is his first fight of the year while Chiesa is 4-1 in the UFC and beat Franciso Trinaldi in May.

Bellator 123: Curran vs. Pitbull 2 - Spike TV
    (Main Card) 8pm eastern

Featherweight champion Pat Curran vs. Patricio "Pitbull" Friere
    *Curran won their first fight last year in a split decision. Since then, he lost and regained the belt while Pitbull is 4-0 with 3 knockouts.
    Cheick Kongo vs. Lavar Johnson
    "King Mo" Muhammed Lawal vs. Dustin Jacoby

TNA Heavyweight Champ Bobby Lashley vs. Josh Burns the tomato can
    *This should be a squash match as Burns is below average. BUT, if the unthinkable happened, TNA would probably take their belt off Lashley sooner than whatever their plan is.

• KINGOFOOTBALL
    • Feb 2009

I like those names for the UFC card.
    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Lashley looked good against a can. King Mo got a much needed KO, Tamdan McCory upset Ward by KO and the title fight was great. Pit bull didn't leave any doubts.

Overeem is done.

Comment

• DDRGuido
        gx
        • Feb 2009

Souza vs Weidman now

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
          • Feb 2009

Good card (ufc). Mitrione cracks me up. Lauzon was fun as usual. Overbum is terrible wow.
          Mousasi is the other overhyped LiquidRob leftover who cant win big fights. Either way fun to watch.
          Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• buckeye
            Noob
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
            Good card (ufc). Mitrione cracks me up. Lauzon was fun as usual. Overbum is terrible wow.
            Mousasi is the other overhyped LiquidRob leftover who cant win big fights. Either way fun to watch.
            I always enjoy watching Lauzon. He is scrappy as hell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...