X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

Kamala now an impoverished double amputee

I always hate to hear these stories of athletes that never got paid what they should have in their primes and now are left out in the cold with meager incomes and health problems that come along with poverty. I was a big WWF fan growing up in Mississippi and had no idea that Kamala was actually from the state. I knew he wasn't actually from Uganda of course, just didn't realize that he grew up a few hours from where I did back home.

Kamala: Mississippi pro wrestling legend now double amputee

James Harris needs a wheelchair to move around Senatobia, Mississippi because he has no legs.

But to the many who recognize him, he's Kamala, not James. He's from Uganda, not from Senatobia. He's a Giant, not wheelchair-bound.

Harris' story is powerfully told on bleacherreport.com. As Kamala the Ugandan Giant, Harris took on Hulk Hogan and Jerry "The King" Lawler. Today, he is in pain and battling diabetes, the reason he lost both of his legs.

From bleacherreport.com:

The day after they cut off his leg, James Harris' screams echoed through the halls of Baptist Memorial Hospital.

Doctors upped the dosage on his anesthetics, and Harris' wife, Emmer, tried to calm him by clutching his hand. Nothing worked. Throughout the day and into the night, Harris wailed in agony as nurses stood at his bedside, pleading with him to stop.

"You can't keep yelling like that," one of them said. "There are other people in this hospital, too."

Harris' voice quivered.

"Those other people," he sobbed, "aren't hurting like me."

• KINGOFOOTBALL
    • Feb 2009

I was never convinced he was anything but a Ugandan headhunter and the fact he ate a live chicken in front of Mean Gene still haunts me.
    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

Working...