X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DDRGuido
    gx
    • Feb 2009

Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Biggest boxing match that I can think of in recent history. Last time I even left my house for a fight was back in 2002 when Lewis fought Tyson. I believe the expected will happen. The fight will go the distance and Mayweather wins by decision. Mayweather is a -225 favorite and Pac-man is a +188 dog on bet365.com

I'll be going to a friend of a friend's place to watch it. $100 to watch the fight in your home or pay a big cover at the bars. The place in my town is charging $25 a head. Crazy.
  • x0xHumblex0x
    Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by DDRGuido
    Biggest boxing match that I can think of in recent history. Last time I even left my house for a fight was back in 2002 when Lewis fought Tyson. I believe the expected will happen. The fight will go the distance and Mayweather wins by decision. Mayweather is a -225 favorite and Pac-man is a +188 dog on bet365.com

I'll be going to a friend of a friend's place to watch it. $100 to watch the fight in your home or pay a big cover at the bars. The place in my town is charging $25 a head. Crazy.
    i going with Pac - in the greatest fight of all time
    3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ThunderHorse
      Grind.
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
      in the greatest fight of all time
      You're going to be let down.

Can anyone point out the last exciting Mayweather fight? Was it Ricky Hatton or do we have to go all the way back to Zab Judah?

I expect Mayweather to win in his normal, boring fashion, in a decision.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
        Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by ThunderHorse

Can anyone point out the last exciting Mayweather fight? Was it Ricky Hatton or do we have to go all the way back to Zab Judah?

being a Filipino myself, i "have to" go with Pac.
        he is considered a "God" among my heritage.

i still think its going to be a great fight tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• primo6711
          Noob
          • Nov 2014

Money

Comment

• BigBucs
            Unpretentious
            • May 2009

First Maidana fight, Cotto fight. Both good fights.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
              • Feb 2009

Not bashing anyone here as this fight certainly matters...but is mesmerizing that people still give a shit about boxing. No HW worth talking about , only two names in the sport are fighting each other 3 years too late. They should be on the 2nd or 3rd part of a trilogy right now.
              And frankly is there any other fight that matters besides this one and/or potential rematch ?
              Is there any other era in boxing this devoid of household names ?
              Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                Grind.
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
                Not bashing anyone here as this fight certainly matters...but is mesmerizing that people still give a shit about boxing. No HW worth talking about , only two names in the sport are fighting each other 3 years too late. They should be on the 2nd or 3rd part of a trilogy right now.
                And frankly is there any other fight that matters besides this one and/or potential rematch ?
                This is an interesting subject.

You don't see the big names in boxing, and yeah - the HW division is pretty much a joke. The Klitschkos have that shit on lock and nobody looks like they can even compete. The new cat is that Deontay Wilder, but IDK how legit he is.

I know there's a sentiment out there that MMA has surpassed boxing. But I don't know. There's still A LOT of money in boxing. Although I will say, I saw someone on youtube ask Teddy Atlas where this fight falls in his all time fights. The man said it's not even in the top ten.

Comment

• BigBucs
                  Unpretentious
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
                  Casual alert. Boxing will thrive even when Mayweather and Pacman is long gone. Household names aren't needed but it sure is nice to hear those who know absolutely nothing about boxing turn into Burt Sugar when Manny and Mayweather fights come around.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                    Grind.
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BigBucs
                    Casual alert. Boxing will thrive even when Mayweather and Pacman is long gone. Household names aren't needed but it sure is nice to hear those who know absolutely nothing about boxing turn into Burt Sugar when Manny and Mayweather fights come around.
                    Boxing used to be the sport in this country. It's not even close to that anymore.

Although like I said earlier, as far as prize fighting goes, nothing pulls in more dough than a good boxing matchup.

The numbers for this ppv are absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                      • Jul 2010

doesnt Mayweather get shit load of money if there is a re-match?? (more than this fight)

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                        • Feb 2009

Boxing used to be the sport in this country. It's not even close to that anymore.

Although like I said earlier, as far as prize fighting goes, nothing pulls in more dough than a good boxing matchup.

The numbers for this ppv are absolutely ridiculous.
                        Someone tweet W2B but what are the demographics of these buys ?
                        The people I know that talk about boxing outside of these two are 40+ or hispanic. Youre absolutely right about PPV. I mean its not like its been decades since Boxing was interesting RJJ , DelaHoya , Trinidad , Tyson , Lewis , Mosley etc were all still fighting in the 2000s but the drop off in depth to me is staggering. Part of me always felt the reason Mayweather/Pac were so damn successful in PPV was because Boxing fans the last decade or more have no one else to watch thus will get every eyeball and available $.
                        Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Cornelius
                          3rd place is you're fired
                          • Oct 2010

Shockingly I'm with KoF on this one. Lampley and Bernstein were trying hard to hide their collective boners at the buy rate on this one thinking it meant a future for boxing. Unfortunately for them, I believe its one last hoorah for the sport. They were gushing about some dude named 3G though. I have yet to look him up. Where is W2B? I thought he'd be all over this as its the classic Heel v Face matchup that he so loves in all things pro and non pro wrestling.

Btw, saw Floyd bitchslap Manny a few times in a move only Floyd's 7 ex gf's recognise.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                            Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                            • Jul 2010

and i thought it was actually going to be the best fight in years
                            BORING!!

- $99.99

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                              Grind.
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                              and i thought it was actually going to be the best fight in years
                              BORING!!

- $99.99

Mayweather is notorious for boring events.

Honestly, if he wasn't so obnoxious and didn't play the heel part so well, I don't think anybody would pay to see him "fight".

Comment

Working...