X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderHorse
    Grind.
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Cornelius
    Shockingly I'm with KoF on this one. Lampley and Bernstein were trying hard to hide their collective boners at the buy rate on this one thinking it meant a future for boxing. Unfortunately for them, I believe its one last hoorah for the sport. They were gushing about some dude named 3G though. I have yet to look him up. Where is W2B? I thought he'd be all over this as its the classic Heel v Face matchup that he so loves in all things pro and non pro wrestling.

Btw, saw Floyd bitchslap Manny a few times in a move only Floyd's 7 ex gf's recognise.
    If that's the Russian who fought earlier that night, he probably had the best fight of the whole event.

I couldn't help but be letdown at the underwhelming opposition for both of the undercards though. Even though the smaller guy in the second fight had a lot of heart, both losers of the first two fights that night really had no business being in the ring.

I'm glad I stole the fight. Shit easily wasn't worth the price. Mayweather, Showtime, and HBO will be laughing to the bank.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
      • Jul 2010

you knew this fight was going to be a #BigTimeFail
      with Jamie Foxx opening with a horrible rendition of the National Anthem
      he was sooooo badly out of key it made me turn it off
      and
      made me

3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• buckeye
        Noob
        • Dec 2013

This fight was a shining example why boxing is in the dirt and unwatchable to many.

RIP Boxing....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• DDRGuido
          gx
          • Feb 2009

Looked like a typical Mayweather fight. Boxing fans can appreciate Floyd's defense and his countering but to the casual sports fan it was a boring fight. Manny sucked. It wasn't even close. Mayweather to win by decision was a easy bet to cash in on.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
            Grind.
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by DDRGuido
            Looked like a typical Mayweather fight. Boxing fans can appreciate Floyd's defense and his countering but to the casual sports fan it was a boring fight. Manny sucked. It wasn't even close. Mayweather to win by decision was a easy bet to cash in on.
            It was a boring fight even if you are a boxing fan. You can appreciate Mayweather's skills without liking his style, it's not like the two are mutually exclusive.

I didn't think Pacquiao looked that bad. He slowed down for sure but in the earlier part of the fight he cornered Mayweather spectacularly with his footwork. Mayweather didn't really being to pull away until the second half of the fight.

The only thing I pulled from this fight was Mayweather's size was just impossible for Pacquiao to combat. It was like watching a Klitcshko fight but worse. Wladamir will at least try to put guys down and command the ring.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
              • Feb 2009

I have a shit ton of respect for Mayweather and sure it's boring to some but what we all saw was a grandmaster treat a legend like a HS kid. That's every Mayweather fight I've seen save one (Judah). Even when he loses rounds he controls tempo ,engagement, distance, and exchanges. He's as dominant a fighter as I've ever seen in boxing. If he retired today he's in the GOAT discussion. He's not my favorite but a pro Mayweather argument is a tough one to combat.
              Like mentioned above it comes down to personality. Guys like GSP and Machida have done the same in MMA and you're thoughts on a fight usually are are determined.
              As for UFC...pfftt did Jon Jones really screw them over. Jon Jones v Rumble Johnson was a guaranteed barnburner.
              Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• webbi
                • Apr 2009

so pacman faught w/ a torn rotator cuff? thats insane..

http://www.twitch.tv/webbi17

Comment

• Houston
                  Back home
                  • Oct 2008

Pathetic. Mayweather shucked and jived for years and his reward for doing so is 50 million dollars? Anyone who spent money on this(without making a profit) got played. Congratulations on helping Mayweather's great grandchildren pay their rent!

Comment

Working...