X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leaffan
    Colton Orr Fan
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Herm
    i imagine so, they arent hurting for profits after they release this game for sure.

I can understand why you guys are pissed but they are going to sell so many copies of this game they will pretty much do what they want sadly.
    I'm not as pissed as some of those guys are. I'm more of "shit I have to wait another 6 months for a new game"

I will say this though I really really hope it doesn't hurt the next game. It could be wierd.
    Last edited by leaffan; 10-21-2009, 09:02 AM.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
      PTFO
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
      BTW I wonder what the uproar will be when CoD becomes an XboX exclusive. Its really leaning towards that from what I've been hearing.
      It was just an off hand comment that the CEO of activision said when he was demanding a PS3 price drop.

Comment

• Blade
        Walking SAM site
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
        It was just an off hand comment that the CEO of activision said when he was demanding a PS3 price drop.
        Yea I am sure they will want to get rid of half their console market and go exclusive with 360

BTW........are there really no gameplay vids, trailers, news etc....this thread is starting to suck.

Comment

• Maestro
          ♫Just Like Music♫
          • Nov 2008

Robert Bowling interview, if you've been following along there is really nothing new here, but if not you can get a bit of catch up work done.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSDd2RoxqU0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - (21/10/09) NEW Modern Warfare 2 Interview: MTV GameOne with Robert Bowling.[/ame]

Comment

• DDRGuido
            gx
            • Feb 2009

Cliffnotes on this thread?

I have never been into COD, but from what I heard from my clan mates on SOCOM, is that this game is going to rock. So I'll drop the $60 for it. I prefer 3rd person shooters to 1st person. But I only have two games for my ps3 right now and its either this or MAG.

Comment

• Blade
              Walking SAM site
              • Feb 2009

I just got a sweet email from Amazon.com this morning. I pre-ordered the Hardened edition of the game. At the time Amazon was doing $10 video game credit for all MW2 pre-orders. The email this morning said they upped it to $15 video game credit for future video game purchase !!! Sweet. In all I have saved $55 with amazon, counting the fact that its $4 cheaper, not tax = $5, $15 future credit and I signed upfor their Amazon Rewards credit card, which gave me $30 off on the purchase itself

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                PTFO
                • Mar 2009

COD4 shits all over Socom, as will MW2.

I don't get how people can like 3rd person view, but oh well. Thats the only reason I won't buy Uncharted 2

Comment

• DDRGuido
                  gx
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                  COD4 shits all over Socom, as will MW2.

I don't get how people can like 3rd person view, but oh well. Thats the only reason I won't buy Uncharted 2
                  Primarily the reason is it's because I'm used to it. SOCOM II was the first shoot em up game I got into. I logged in 1500 hours on the ps2 online. I only picked up a ps3 in august last year and it was because socom was coming out. In this SOCOM, they have shoulder cam that comes in handy sometimes.

I've never ventured out into any other shooting games - rainbow six, killzone, cod etc, but is MW2 going to be a respawn game? or similar to SOCOM? I really can't stand respawn games, I like death match or hardcore.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                    Formerly ravensownall17
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DDRGuido
                    Primarily the reason is it's because I'm used to it. SOCOM II was the first shoot em up game I got into. I logged in 1500 hours on the ps2 online. I only picked up a ps3 in august last year and it was because socom was coming out. In this SOCOM, they have shoulder cam that comes in handy sometimes.

I've never ventured out into any other shooting games - rainbow six, killzone, cod etc, but is MW2 going to be a respawn game? or similar to SOCOM? I really can't stand respawn games, I like death match or hardcore.
                    Almost all modes in COD are respawn, you can play Search and Destroy though which is no respawn, and in Headquarters mode you don't respawn if you die while your team has the HQ.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                      PTFO
                      • Mar 2009

Search and Destroy is one of my favorite gametypes for that reason, no respawn. It takes the challenge to a whole new level.

Except when you are playing a good team or clan and they take your whole team down in like 15 seconds

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                        Formerly ravensownall17
                        • Feb 2009

lol yeah. I dunno if you can still do it but I used to play with a guy who could launch a grenade from one spawn point to the other at the start of a SnD mission and basically kill the entire other team. Want to say he did it on Pipeline...but I think you could do it on a couple other maps. It was sick.

Comment

• .RoCkEtS1
                          Cudder
                          • Jan 2009

Yeah I started out with 3rd person shooters with the original SOCOM and I upgraded to next gen. I heard about how good COD4 was so I picked that up and I adjusted to first person shooters and now I like First person shooters much more than third person shooters.

Coming soon...

Comment

• Blade
                            Walking SAM site
                            • Feb 2009

You can get used to both. I don't mind playing Uncharted online at all, its still as fun a FPS.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                              Formerly ravensownall17
                              • Feb 2009

I wish FPS games had decent cover systems though. The system used in Killzone 2 single player would be a good example, although it'd probably slow the pace of a COD game down too much.

I just always thought it was silly that you couldn't really take cover behind things other than crouching or going prone, then having to stand up or expose yourself somehow to shoot.

Comment

• Maynard
                                stupid ass titles
                                • Feb 2009

rainbow six cover system owns all. I wish they had it in COD games

Comment

Working...