Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

I actually saw that. I'm not a Twitter veteran but isn't that just a response to fourzerotwo's tweet?
    Originally posted by brees fan
    how is a twitter post proof of anythign?
    So yeah, how does that prove anything?
    Originally posted by BazookaJoe5
    I believe the XBL servers are ran by MS, the server you connect to when you sign in to Live...the actual games are hosted by individual players. All XBL games to my knowledge are player hosted.
    That's exactly what I was referring to. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290

One game we were playing against this clan who had just annihilated us the previous game, like 7500-4200, just a brutal loss. So we were playing on Estate and of course they spawned near the house, so they took it over and had about a 15 kill lead on us. Somehow we stormed the house and got it back and proceeded to comeback and just dominate them. We were up 7100-5500 and they quit, one of them was host and we lost the connection. The clan members that didn't quit got ragged on bad and they just left screaming fags at us.
      The joys of online gaming.

Comment

• gaysex4lif
        No longer a noob
        • Oct 2008

told you PB

Comment

• Lupe
          Posts a lot
          • Nov 2008

great fucking ending. Beat it on regular in 5 hours.

Originally posted by Len B
          Lupe is good peeps. He gets a bad rap from people who take message boards too seriously and forget what it's like to be young and online. I consider Lupe a top 100 prospect in the minors and someday becomes a solid poster.

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

lol @ you guys talking about the online services.

BazookaJoe is correct though. When you guys run a game the only thing that is connected to IW/Activision is a small stream of data reporting stats and such. All other info like player shots and shit are all done on whoever is the host.

This is called P2P or listen servers. Its a really bad way to do things for games like FPSs which require a lot of data. Its why you see shooters on consoles limited to 24 players max when games use this type of setup. Sports games like Madden are prime for it though since there is only two connections generally.

I could really get into the technical bs of it now that I know how the game is doing everything. I'm unsure why the xbox side was working fine and the PS3 wasn't. I know on the PC side there have been a ton of connectivity issues as well and those servers are maintained by IW.

IW's website also has been slow all day and their forums are messed up big time. Reminds me of MM back when madden got released back in the day.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• theMINI
              • Nov 2008

Thats the only thing I hate... seems that MW2 has downgraded in the sense that it is now max. 9vs9 instead of 12vs12 like the previous version. I would have liked to see 16vs16 at least

Comment

• Chrispy
                Needs a hobby
                • Dec 2008

Campaing was quick but left a big opening for a sequel, COD MW3

Comment

• T.Dot
                  A Real RockNRolla
                  • Nov 2008

damn, had a great day today

End of the Night: Level 33, 1.39 K/D Ratio, only 8 and a half hours played, +4 ranks from last night

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                    The Greatest
                    • Feb 2009

End of night. Cock is 3 inches larger.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
                      End of night. Cock is 3 inches larger.
                      LMAO. Best post in a while.

Also it seems as long as you are on the defending team twice for Demo, its almost a guaranteed win + lot of points.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                        PTFO
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                        I actually saw that. I'm not a Twitter veteran but isn't that just a response to fourzerotwo's tweet?

So yeah, how does that prove anything?

No its RB replying to that user's tweet iirc. If you go to said users name before his comment it will show what he is replying to.

I don't care that it is down. Once its fixed, we are back to enjoying online for free.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Chodite
                          Game seems to play 5-10% faster online than COD4.
                          Controls feel even more refined... more crisp and responsive. Perfectly tuned.
                          I'm still wondering where this came from? 1)I don't notice a damn bit of difference and, 2) How on Earth could you even tell that minute difference unless they were being played side by side? Or you're Superman. Controls are exactly the same too, which is a good thing though.

Speaking of the controls I actually find it funny that Borderlands uses them to a T.

By the way, does anyone know what character 50 Cent did the voice for? I remember hearing about that a while ago and I finished the campaign earlier and never recalled hearing his voice. I even double checked imdb and it lists hims as a voice actor but it doesn't list a character. It doesn't even say "Random NPD" or anything.
                          Last edited by Twigg4075; 11-12-2009, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                            PTFO
                            • Mar 2009

He's probably the guy that tells you to get off the basketball court at the beginning of the campaign

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                              He's probably the guy that tells you to get off the basketball court at the beginning of the campaign
                              Actually, coincidentally enough, I just played a bit more, trying to find the intl items. I think I found him, per se. In the first real level (not the training level), right after they extend the bridge section and you run up the steps to the bridge. There is a black soldier names Private Perry sitting down at the top of the steps that says something like "Get yo' ass in that Hummer" and it definitely sounded like Fiddy.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                                No its RB replying to that user's tweet iirc. If you go to said users name before his comment it will show what he is replying to.

I don't care that it is down. Once its fixed, we are back to enjoying online for free.
                                Gotcha. Thanks. Maybe it's just me but Twitter doesn't seem to be very user friendly.

Comment

Working...