Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fappin Raptor
    I literally know nothing.
    • Jul 2009

You should prestige at least once. The new challenges are pretty fun to try and complete.

Comment

• Leftwich
      Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Point Blankâ„¢
      I'm about to Presitge for the first time, I'm a little bored at 70. Hopefully I won't regret it.
      Ur gonna regret it.

Originally posted by Tailback U
      It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• clovett
        • Mar 2009

I know this isnt the place to ask this but I thought I would get an answer quicker in this thread. Thanks to anyone that can help me.

I have a ps3 and a wireless router and everytime I try to join invites with my friends or send them invites it says "unable to conenct to host". last night I noticed my NAT said strict. Would this prevent me from accepting invites, and if so how can I change this?

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
          PTFO
          • Mar 2009

That is exactly why.

""The Guide To Making Your NAT Open in Mw2"" - NextGenUpdate

Many of you will have noticed when you first got online in MW2 that it tells you what your NAT is, there are 3 different types shown these are:

1. Open - This is what your looking for, it speeds up matchmaking and joining invites.
          2. Moderate - This is OK you will be able to play online fine, but open is better.
          3. Strict - This sucks like a vacuum, you need to change it right now.

If your NAT type is already open then good for you! No need to read on. If it's either Moderate or strict, here is how to make it open.

First of all, we need your console to have a static IP, "WHAT DAT!" You say?

Static IP simply means that your IP address will become static, meaning it will never change, unless you manually change it. We want this because when we port forward and/or DMZ your console we want its IP address to stay the same, so that the port forwarding or DMZ rules apply to your console and not another computer on your home network.

So let's get to it. The PS3 only at this time.
          From your XMB head over to Settings > Network Settings > Settings and connection status list .

Here you will see a list of your settings. I want you to note down these settings of yours.

Subnet mask (E.G. 255.255.255.0
          Default router (E.G. 192.168.11.1)
          Primary DNS (E.G. 192.168.11.1)

After you have done so go to Internet connection settings.

Here we want to use custom settings

Auto-detect on the first screen

Now the IP settings, this is the important part select manual

Remember the numbers you jotted down earlier? Time to use 'em. Now For the IP address make it the same as your default router BUT change the last number to a relatively large number, let's say 99. So if your default router was 192.168.1.1 then your IP address would be 192.168.1.99.

Enter the Subnet mask, default router, and primary DNS exactly like the ones you jotted down earlier. Leave secondary DNS blank (0.0.0.0).

Here's an example of my settings

I wouldn't bother with a proxy server

Enable UP&P

And finally test your settings to make sure they work

Now that's the static IP sorted. Now here's the part I can't really help you with. If you are lazy then I suggest you DMZ your console. To do this you must enter your router settings.

In your router settings somewhere there will be a section on port forwarding etc and DMZ. When in these sections assign them to the IP address of your console that we made earlier.

After you have DMZ'd your console it should have an open NAT. If this is not the case then you will need to port forward. Also it is worth mentioning, if you want 2 or more consoles on the same connection to have open NATs then you will need to use port forwarding for them all, and assign them different IP addresses. Here's an example:
          You have 3 consoles, do the above however make sure the last number of each IP is different, so

Console 1 IP: 192.168.1.99
          Console 2 IP: 192.168.1.98
          Console 3 IP: 192.168.1.97

And so on

Comment

• Jagsfan61
            Go Jaguars
            • Oct 2008

my NAT is weird, sometimes it's open, sometimes its moderate.

And for some reason i cant freaking DMZ it cus when i go into my router settings, i only can input 1 ip to be dmz'd and my mom needs her work phone to be put under that.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
              PTFO
              • Mar 2009

yeah you'll have to port forward instead of dmz

Comment

• Point Blank
                Needs a hobby
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Leftwich
                Ur gonna regret it.
                You were right.

Comment

• Maestro
                  ♫Just Like Music♫
                  • Nov 2008

Fuck prestiging.

Now since most people have gotten 10th prestige by hacking its lost its meaning, and the symbol looks ugly anyway.

I'm stopping at 4 for a while, thats the only badge that looks good, 4 and 9 at least.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                    PTFO
                    • Mar 2009

360 CP fix has been released

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

not sure if posted

Comment

• Macken
                        Blah
                        • Oct 2008

haha

im just glad they fixed the care package glitch

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                          PTFO
                          • Mar 2009

Whoever made that sucks and fails at MW2 apparently :laugh:

Comment

• kyhadley
                            Carefree
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                            I dont know, the party part is definitely true, its always getting fucked up.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                              Posts a lot
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                              The skill part sure, but the rest is true. I've spent 20 minutes or more trying to get a full party of 6 into a game of Hardcore S&D. Then we get into a game, and it either selects a shitty host and we lag like a mofo, or the people we play suck so badly and back out mid-game, so we're stuck waiting in the lobby some more, only to get merged with another lobby and lose 2 players from our party. Rinse and repeat.

The glitches and stuff are hopefully fixed for good with this new patch.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                                PTFO
                                • Mar 2009

Yeah you guys are right now that I think about it. I don't know how many times we search with a party of 6 and sit there for 10 minutes while it tries to find 6 more people :ugh:

Comment

Working...