X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RyanLeaf16
    #DoSomething
    • Feb 2009

UFC 115: Silva V Leites 2

Anderson Silva will defend his title against Thales Leites in a rematch from UFC 97

Date: October 9th, 2010
    Time: 10p ET/7p PT
    Event Type: Live PPV

UFC 115 will feature a rematch from UFC 97: Redemption. Middleweight champion Anderson Silva will look to defend his title against Thales Leites. Silva has defeated the last two contenders for his title: Demian Maia and Dan Henderson. Silva looks to make quick-work of Leites in the evenings main event.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua will also return to the octagon since his loss to Jon Jones at UFC 107. Rua has lost his last two fights (vs Jones, vs Thiago Silva) and looks to get back on track with a win over Wanderlai Silva. Wanderlai Silva has been out of action since his loss to Rich Franklin at UFC 99: The Comeback in Germany.

Maincard:

Welterweight Match:
    Amir Sadhollah (2-2) V Anthony Johnson (8-3)

Lightweight Match:
    Rich Clementi (33-14) V Nate Diaz (11-4)

Middleweight Match:
    Wilson Gouveia (14-6) V Chris Leben (18-6)

Headline Event/Light Heavyweight Match:
    Wanderlai Silva (32-10-1) V Shogun Rua (18-5)

Main Event/Middleweight Championship:
    Champion Anderson Silva (26-4) V Thales Leites (16-2)
    Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
      #DoSomething
      • Feb 2009

UFC 115: Silva V Leites 2

October - 9 - 2010
      Amway Arena - Orlando, FL

Main Event/Middleweight Championship: Champion Anderson Silva (me) V Thales Leites
      All I can say is...it didn't even last a full round.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
        #DoSomething
        • Feb 2009

Sherk Set to Defend Title Versus Tavares

Date: November 13, 2010
        Event: UFC 116

Fightcard:

Thoughts on the card:

I think this is an exciting card overall. I am looking forward to seeing if Jon Jones can continue his win streak. Jones is 2-0 since debuting in the UFC. Antonio Silva and Gabriel Gonzaga also appears to have the makings of a great match. The heavyweight division is crowded already...if Silva wins here he and Cain Velasquez continues his winning ways - the two may be on a collision course for a later card. Matt Arroyo is also 2-0 in this ALTERNATE UFC and has fought well and is deserving of a shot at one of the better talents in the UFC.

Bisping needs to win his fight against Nate Marquardt. Bisping is 0-2 in his last two fights losing to Dan Henderson and Thales Leites. If Bisping wants to have his name mentioned with the contenders, he needs to prove he can win a big match. Nate Marquardt lost his last match to Demian Maia and needs a win to reassert himself as a contender in the middleweight division.

Sean Sherk will be going for the 40th win of his career when he defends the lightweight title against Thiago Tavares. Tavares defeated Frank Edgar in his last fight which earned him a shot at the title. A rematch between Penn and Sherk was considered, but, I didn't see the need to delay a shot for Tavares any longer. He has earned it.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
          #DoSomething
          • Feb 2009

UFC 116: Sherk V Tavares

November - 13 - 2010

Thoughts on the card:

- James Irvin surprised me. I was shocked I was able to dominate and control the ground game from Jones which basically won the fight for Irvin

- Gonzaga upset Silva, IMHO, Silva was just caught in a bad position. Prior to that the fight was in Silva's favor.

- I felt that Arroyo beat Fitch. Arroyo went the distance, controlled the ground game and had better GNP than Fitch. It was a split decision and was a tough loss for Arroyo. I am still going to push Arroyo though. Even with his meager 78 rating, he can still compete with the big boys of the welterweight divison.

- Bisping drops to 0-3 since I started this virtual organization. He's a better fighter than his current record, but, he may get one more shot before I push him aside for awhile.

Main Event/Lightweight Championship: Champion Sean Sherk (me) V Thiago Tavares
          The fight went the distance. For those who love ground-n-pound - this fight is right up your alley! I am thinking of a Sherk V Tavares 2 match down the line. Just an excellent match.

Comment

Working...