X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adembroski
    All-Inclusive!
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by AJay
    Adem said it the best but I think it's best he stays where he is even though it would be cool to see him post here once in a while. Plus if he did make the switch and start posting all the main blog's and coming here to take suggestions/feedback that would drag the OS crowd over here also, which wouldn't be a bad thing for the sites traffic but I don't know if all those idiots would fit in well with the main core of guys we have now.
    I agree. Our idiots are better than theirs.
    S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• adembroski
      All-Inclusive!
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Herm
      I see posts like this all the time at OS yet all the community here seems to think OS is EA fanboys, i really dont get it. They are biggest pro 2k forum on the net.
      What frustrates me about OS is the moderation. It took me 15 minutes yesterday to find a thread I could post in. They say the amount of traffic they get forces them to close repeat threads and stuff like that so the top of the forum doesn't get cluttered, but closed threats are clutter too, and they're more annoying.

If they'd A.) Allow people to take conversations where they will go so long as they stayed on topic for the forum and B.) Stop closing every 3rd thread arbitrarily, it wouldn't be so bad.
      S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• T.Dot
        A Real RockNRolla
        • Nov 2008

rofl and guess whose here

Comment

• Fox1994
          Posts too much
          • Dec 2008

^Ya. I think y'all are being a tad bit critical on OS. They have a few good threads. Sometimes it's boring and sometimes it's not, frankly. I split time here and there and I've got to say it's much more peaceful here, but we also get no dev interaction...

On the other hand, Dev's hardly come to the threads when people ask about the game and it's gotten to the point where you can't make any "Hey, Ian..." or such threads over there.

I like our mods and such here, more, though. And you can cuss and what not. I got an infraction over there for typing "f***" not fuck, but f***.

Ya, VSN's better than OS. This is an alright thread, though: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ke-i-lied.html

Comment

• JMeist
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ALACR1TY
            so the funny thing about this thread. is that Ian_cummings_EA is registered here. a day ago or so...
            Probably some 12 year old kid who has no life.

Comment

• Krebs
              The Fish are Sleeping
              • Oct 2008

actually it is ian

ian's twitter: http://twitter.com/ian_cummings
              @Rush23 Just joined up. Looking forward to some new scenery. 9:31 PM Jun 24th from web in reply to Rush23

Comment

• Esjay
                Luck2Hilton
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
                Yeah, I'm here.

Just lurking for now. Seems like you guys have a good thing going here and I don't want to run any risk of the mods tightening up on you guys since I am here. Just reading the first few pages here I can tell there's some uh, "passionate" fans here and I don't see much reason in having to go to battle with anyone over the previous games - if you hate 'em, so be it...that sucks but hopefully we're turning things around and our team will prove to you that we're moving in the right direction.

I think it's better that I stay out of the way until you guys get your hands on Madden 10 and we can start fresh from there.

PS glenwillett why did you say I can't take any forms of criticism?
                You probably read what I was saying in the trash talking thread. For the record I have been a huge Madden critic for a long time, but I do like where you're taking things this year. You seem to at least care enough to listen to what we have to say and do your best to implement it.

You won't see me acting that way towards you, don't worry. That kind of behavior is reserved for some of the morons around here.

Comment

• Champ
                  Needs a hobby
                  • Oct 2008

I believe the strafe button should be left in. Had a lot of fun with it.

Comment

• adembroski
                    All-Inclusive!
                    • Feb 2009

Just lurking for now. Seems like you guys have a good thing going here and I don't want to run any risk of the mods tightening up on you guys since I am here.
                    Unless Rush is desperate for members, I really can't see that happening. Quality over quantity, and if you check out the locker room, you can see we've got plenty of morons already.

BTW, You're on my clock now, wtf are you doing up so late?
                    Last edited by adembroski; 06-27-2009, 02:03 AM.
                    S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• Helicopter
                      V Why?
                      • Feb 2009

Its good to see you post here, Ian. Especially considering you are a still a Vols fan and all. I appreciate the Titans/Ravens vid you posted a few weeks back and really like what you and your team have been doing with this year's game. I feel that its definitely headed in the right direction and think we will all be in for a pleasant surprise come the middle of August.

I'm sure you may recognize some of the usernames at VSN since a lot of us migrated over from the now defunct MaddenMania. I know you posted there a few times last year before Madden 09 came out and many of us could see that your team was trying to make strides then. It seems you were put off by some of the posters there last year and just stopped posting. Those same posters just followed you to OS...surprise. The ones of us who actually wanted to provide decent criticism without all the insults, just stayed where we were at. We've been pretty content to talk about the game amongst ourselves without all the 2K honks and other disrespectful members.

Feel free to post as much as you like and ask any input you want to receive. The majority of the members here are a bit older and could provide some decent feedback in a civilized manner. I just hope the OSers stay where they are. Like someone already said, "quality over quantity".

Anyway...welcome and enjoy your stay.

sigpic

Comment

• Rush
                        vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Welcome Ian...good to have ya here.Raczilla checks in here alot. I recall him sitting in our chatroom for a couple hours not too long ago. This place is more concentrated on having fun, online leagues,etc. We dont have crazy rules but we wont allow over the top flaming and idiocy. That type of posting should be in the locker room which is our offtopic forum. I am getting back from the beach today so some of the flaming in the other thread will be resolved. We arent asking people to praise Ian or to only post that madden is amazing....just be respectful. We should be greatful hes checking this place out. Also im posting this from my phone but expect some big news this afternoon for NCAA from us.

Comment

• Tailback U
                          No substitute 4 strength.
                          • Nov 2008

Welcome Ian,

Just want to repeat what others have said and say that I am really excited and pleased with the way you guys have handled yourselves this year and interacted with the community. It's been a huge step in the right direction and even if Madden 10 has flaws it is going to take a team effort from the developers and the community to consistently improve the game.

Great work so far, can't wait for August 14th.

Comment

• killgod
                            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                            • Oct 2008

Yeah, I'm here.

Just lurking for now. Seems like you guys have a good thing going here and I don't want to run any risk of the mods tightening up on you guys since I am here. Just reading the first few pages here I can tell there's some uh, "passionate" fans here and I don't see much reason in having to go to battle with anyone over the previous games - if you hate 'em, so be it...that sucks but hopefully we're turning things around and our team will prove to you that we're moving in the right direction.

I think it's better that I stay out of the way until you guys get your hands on Madden 10 and we can start fresh from there.

PS glenwillett why did you say I can't take any forms of criticism?
                            Nice of you to visit.

I'm working on a plan for handling the personnel/offseason moves for our coming 32 man online chise at this site. I'd like some feedback when I post it, if you can. It'll be up in a couple of weeks or so, still toying with some things. (Look out for the Golden Turducken ;))

As much as we've been told about the mode, it's hard to say I can do everything as planned until I get to actually go through it all myself. So since you might know what that's like already, some input would be cool.

:statue:

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                              Free World Leader
                              • Oct 2008

hello Ian, it's good to have you hear. I'm not gonna get into a big speech about how great it is to have you hear and how much i like to critique and all that, tbh i don't follow off-season madden stuff like most, but I think it's great your becoming more interactive as a whole team with the community, definitely doesn't rub many people the wrong way when it comes to seeing someone put time and effort into taking criticism and questions.

GL, and i'll definitely get myself a copy of madden.

Comment

• MvP
                                a member of vsn
                                • Oct 2008

Good to have you here Ian. I'm not a hardcore Madden critic either but I do hope Madden 10 is by far the best one yet. I have faith that it is based off the community feedback so far, and by what you and the Madden development team have been doing with the blogs and releasing info. I'll be picking it up at midnight and playing it nonstop for weeks just like everyone else, but hopefully I don't find myself frustrated and trading it to Gamestop in October like I did with 09. ;)

Comment

Working...