X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Len B
    :moonwalk:
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Garrett67
    I don't think VSN wants to police the forums to the extent that will be needed to keep Ian here. I'm sure he doesn't want to listen to bitching and moaning that will surely happen here.

He is fine over at OS and the news will travel here anyway.
    Two different ways to give criticism. One way is allowed here, one isn't.

Allowed:

The game is broken in this sense -- When you run HB toss the left tackle doesn't extend his block blah blah blah

Not allowed:

WTF EA you guys can't make a good game to save your life. WTF I want my $60 back

Comment

• Krebs
      The Fish are Sleeping
      • Oct 2008

yeah and were allowed to swear and shit here, fuck OS

Comment

• adembroski
        All-Inclusive!
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bikaben
        Ian, I love what you guys are doing. I think you guys now have the perfect Madden development team going on.
        Not perfect. They still don't have a couple of real coaching-type minds on staff, and I think that's what it's going to take to really take this game to another level.
        S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by adembroski
          Not perfect. They still don't have a couple of real coaching-type minds on staff, and I think that's what it's going to take to really take this game to another level.

this type stuff should be the goal for 2011

Comment

• Herm
            Boomshakalaka
            • Oct 2008

well at least Ian seems realistic about things where David Ortiz last year was all over the internet talking about how 09 was the greatest game ever and it nowhere near delivered.

Comment

• Hitman
              Fist Pumpin to the Oldies
              • Jun 2009

Thanks for stopping by Ian. We do appreciate the transparency EASports in general has been displaying this time around. It let's us know we have some input on the games that we spend our money on. All of the tweaks and such that you've done with Madden, and the way the Fight Night team took constructive criticism and tweaked their game, gives me hope that we aren't going to get stuck with broken products anymore. Thanks guys.

Comment

• Krebs
                The Fish are Sleeping
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Herm
                well at least Ian seems realistic about things where David Ortiz last year was all over the internet talking about how 09 was the greatest game ever and it nowhere near delivered.
                yeah, ian has been talking up 10, but he also brings proof with him, not just words

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                  Fuck em
                  • Oct 2008

personally....i liked madden 05 prob more then 2k5...nobody really complained until 2k5 went out, thats when everybody started saying that they were doing a horrible job.

I give the staff all a shitload of credit, nobody is realizing they had to start working on next gen systems and new engines....we saw what 2k did so i back EA.

Comment

• Champ
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Oct 2008

Just bring back the strafe button.

Comment

• Fox1994
                      Posts too much
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DABADGUY
                      good to see every1 suking up. just remember u will see HARSH criticism if this game is garbage like 07,08, and 09 the so called "next gen versions".
                      I know, right? I'm hoping it won't... but that's exactly how I felt about 09... At least you can have fun with 08 playing against other people... offline... kinda...

Originally posted by archer2k407
                      Should have played 07 on ps2 .... ahh those were the days
                      Indeed. And I still am. :D Muahahahaha.

Originally posted by Greenandgold
                      seriously, I will honestly say that i hadnt played 2k5 untill about a week ago. with all the talk about madden and all this other stuff and the fact that it was only a dollar out of my wallet, i bought it. And i was extremely dissapointed in one sense, but mesmerized in another. I thought the fact that it was basically the same game as 2k2 for my dreamcast was stupid, but the gameplay was cool, the fluidity of tipped passes, multi player tackles, it was cool...

But people always say, it was so great because it had sportscenter and cool pregame and postgame stuff. Well honestly i thought the sportscenter was a cheesy piece of shit.

People are obviously forgetting how good Madden 05 was, They had a weekly radio show, that was waaaayyyyyy better than that sportscenter shit (In which berman sounds like a dumbass) It had in depth franchise info and stats, and was IMO way better than 2k5, but somehow people have managed to bitch and moan so much that they now idolize a good video game, but make it sound way better than it was.

So with having said that, 2k5 wasnt that great, and it shoudlnt be held over EA's head.
                      That's a debatable point, but I won't argue it. I think 2K5 was somewhere between good and great, but I think Madden 10 is definitely going to be up there. I'm really excited to get it this year. Hope it doesn't disappoint me.

Btw, Ian, it's great to see you here and I hope you can hang-out more than you seem to at OS (no offense). I understand because it seems to be really hostile there. And it seems a little dark and dingy and whatnot. It just seems cooler and more peaceful/mature here.

Stay around, man. And enjoy it while you're here. :D

Comment

• Fox1994
                        Posts too much
                        • Dec 2008

Indeed, sir. And that's why I use similar names for all the forum boards. :D

Comment

Working...