Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeremyHight
    I wish I was Scrubs
    • Feb 2009

I really don't get how anyone can say you cannot get pressure as a D-Lineman. I have played on Heisman and AA with default sliders and was able to get multiple sacks each game.

Overall, I like the game. Some nice little improvements from last year, nothing major, but honestly, I played that game non-stop despite it's faults.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
      Posts a lot
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by JeremyHight
      I really don't get how anyone can say you cannot get pressure as a D-Lineman. I have played on Heisman and AA with default sliders and was able to get multiple sacks each game.

Overall, I like the game. Some nice little improvements from last year, nothing major, but honestly, I played that game non-stop despite it's faults.
      Why does everyone keep saying default sliders? The damn things are broken.

Comment

• dave
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

Finally got to play.
        What a barnburner I had.

Michigan (me) 44 Michigan St. (cpu) 41

Kicked a game winning FG with 4 seconds left.

I scored a 1034 on the greatest games thingy.
        Played default AA with no slider or penalty adjustments.

Quick thoughts:
        1) Agree with most - the new camera angle will take some getting used to. I never understand why game developers add new stuff like this, but don't give you the option to use the previous camera or option

2) CPU run game on AA underwhelming in my one game ... but it was only one game. I'm not losing sleep over it

3) Lag??? I have read this the past few days. It's not menu lag. It's just a slight delay when the cheerleader animations are showing up between plays. Hardly a big deal.

4) Not enough penalties

5) Adaptive AI - In my one game, I really did notice the CPU trying its best to adapt. I am a diverse playcaller, so it really can't focus on a money play ... since I really don't use one.

6) CPU man D - much, much improved. Very happy with it. I threw 3 INTs. All legit.

7) Getting burned on bump and run. I loved this. I call bump and run with no safety coverage support ... and the Michigan St. QB killed me.

8) Kickoffs - as advertised, they suck.

9) Atmosphere - same old, same old. Did they even touch this area of the game?

10) Pass rush - I didn't find it that big a deal. Yes there are times the CPU QB has too much time to throw the ball, but I found from time to time I could get pass rush pressure with a four-man line and no extra blitzers.
        Mind you, my D gameplan is based on Jim Johnson's, so I generally like to bring the house.

OVERALL FIRST IMPRESSIONS - pretty solid. I had a hell of a fun game. And, in the end, isn't that what should count?

Is this game perfect? Not by a longshot, but the game I had was great.

Again, it's a one-game impression. And I'm more of an NFL fan than an NCAA fan. NCAA football for me (other than NCAA 04) is just an expensive monthly rental until Madden drops.

All that said, once the patch drops and the sliders work, this game will keep college fans on board throughout the season. It's a solid effort.
        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
          True Blue
          • Feb 2009

i honestly didnt even notice the new camera lol. im not having any problems seeing receivers that are on the edge of the field. so far im having fun with the game, im a lot more critical of madden when it comes to the small things. ncaa should do just fine to hold me over until madden comes out

Comment

• Dez
            Get Smart
            • Jul 2009

I thought the camera was shitty at first but now i'm use to it. You just gotta adapt lol

Comment

• FlawLeSs
              South Beach Talent
              • Nov 2008

not feeling the camera yet, and the arrow for kicking is way too small
              www.youtube.com/kingoffla

Comment

• Chadman
                I Am Willie Beamen
                • Oct 2008

Aggressive d line play where the d line jumps the snap every down is so gay. I hate when people have it set since the start of the game. I only use it on 3rd down and obvious passing situations because its more realistic. The thought of a d line jumping the snap every down perfectly makes me lol. With it on every down its impossible to run the ball, as the d line will get penetration asap. The only time I will use it every down is when my opponent does it, and so far, everyone does that shit. Ea fails. Am I the only who doesnt have it set for the entire game?

Comment

• Chadman
                  I Am Willie Beamen
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by CLW

1) Using the fake snap;

(2) Changing your pass block to also be aggressive.

This will take some labbing/practice to figure out how to counter what is going to be "standard" non-sim play. Your best bet right now, is to find a group of guys here at VSN to play that play sim.
                  If you use the fake snap online, your opponent will barely jump offside. In fact I have yet to see an offside call on this game and Ive played about 5 games. The risk isnt as big as the reward. In fact it isnt even equal.

And if you set you o line to aggressive you will get called for holding calls atleast 2 times a drive. So again...its not worth using it. I just wish it was more balance.
                  Originally posted by MattUM2
                  is it actually a hard game or are you able to march up and down on defenses and is robo qb still there
                  The cpu defense is tougher on hesiman and robo qb is still there.

Comment

• dave
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

I really don't get all the hate for NCAA 10.
                    I'm loving this game.

The defensive lock feature is hella fun. Adds a whole new perspective to playing D.

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Maynard
                      stupid ass titles
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                      I really don't get all the hate for NCAA 10.
                      I'm loving this game.

The defensive lock feature is hella fun. Adds a whole new perspective to playing D.
                      your 1st game impressions were pretty much dead on....i love player lock on defense...i just wish it worked online.

And it may be cheese, but i decided to try the assist button last night against the CPU.....i wont use it because its not a fair option for a sim player to use, but it was actually kind a fun to use it.....your guy takes a B Line for the ball and you hit X and just hammer the guy....lol

Comment

• dave
                        Go the fuck outside
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
                        your 1st game impressions were pretty much dead on....i love player lock on defense...i just wish it worked online.

And it may be cheese, but i decided to try the assist button last night against the CPU.....i wont use it because its not a fair option for a sim player to use, but it was actually kind a fun to use it.....your guy takes a B Line for the ball and you hit X and just hammer the guy....lol
                        I haven't even tried that defensive assist yet.
                        For that matter, I don't even know how to use it.
                        Maybe that's a good thing.

Haven't played online yet.

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

I'm on default AA, using my DT and LE and still not getting any pressure, I'm using different calls, I'm sending blitzes and I'm still not getting anything unless it's a screen pass, or if the QB is in their for like a minute.
                          Last edited by FedEx227; 07-15-2009, 03:21 PM.
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Tailback U
                            No substitute 4 strength.
                            • Nov 2008

I like the game so far but the only complaint I have is that I sometimes feel like the outcome of a play is completely out of my hands.

Sometimes I feel like it doesn't matter what defensive play I call, the offense is going to execute a big play no matter what. Several times I've slanted my DL toward the run and focused my D to play the side of the field that the run was going to but they still all got sealed off to allow an untouched 70 yard off tackle run.

And it has gone both ways, sometimes I feel like my team is just unstoppable and no matter what the other guy is doing, my plays are going to work because I have momentum or whatever on my side.

It is NCAA, so I expected it to be a bit gimmicky and like this, but I wish they'd just tone it down a bit.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

Online is actually kinda fun, pretty even thus far.

I'm 1-2. Both losses by 1 point Missed a field goal on the one and the other was just some late fumbles.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• zack54attack
                                Posts a lot
                                • Dec 2008

I love this game... I really dont know why people hated it before it came out.

It's a pretty solid game, IMO. I know I'll be playing it a lot this year.

Also, Me with the options = Scary for opponents

Comment

Working...