• Feb 2009

How's the recruiting this season?
      I give rep not thanks
      My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• LopaKa
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2009

so this whole time i was playing, i thought they took out the pump up crowd button. But turns out, all you have to do is flick up on the right analog stick and your players pumps up the crowd.

Comment

• jms493
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
          jms and i were playing last night and talked about this. He said they banned the QB Sneak in their Tradition Leagues because it was a cheese play that always worked for an auto first down. We think EA did this to eliminate the cheese factor (possibly).....i have not seen my QB slide, he always dives
          If the defense is in goal-line or in a formation with 5 DL then the QB auto dives. You can only control which direction he dives.

This is only on the QB sneak play though.

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

It's a pretty good rule because the QB Sneak use to be nasty you could get like 5-6 yards almost everytime and it was a sure first first down.
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Bomberooski
              #GoHawks
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by VapoHitman420
              I don't really know why people keep complaining about this game....I like it, it has an old school feel with all new animations and stuff...plus I like the passing game now, it's more realistic with the touch passing down field
              Is the passing too easy. I felt like it was last year. And I'm sure it's been adressed but how is the CPU defense on the button hook.
              I give rep not thanks
              My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• Bomberooski
                #GoHawks
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by VapoHitman420
                I think that the defense isn't really stupid anymore...you can't always run the same stuff...you have to hide it and shit...I use many formations and play on Heisman of course
                But how about the button hooks
                I give rep not thanks
                My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

The only real easy thing I've found is the middle of the field tends to be pretty open unless you manually control a LB.

That's my only real big complaint though about the passing game. Everything else seems pretty balanced.
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LC AAU
                    • Oct 2008

I really like this game but I suck horribly at football games against users.. Especially when I use Purdue
                    sig is too big, resize it

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CLW
                      Played my first game against a fellow sim VSNer online and won 23-0. I cannot say anything about how effective cheese will be because we both played sim and it was fun to play a guy who doesn't abuse the AI.

By and large it is what I anticipated the gameplay to be which is a slightly tweaked version of 09.

Perhaps it was just one game but it appears somewhat too easy to branch out of tackles. I was Vandy (my opponent Miss St) and my RB went wild in the game. On one run he was about to be tackled by two guys and the tackle animation started I hit the spin button and the two defenders fell to the ground and I raced down the field for a 70+ yard gain only to be caught from behind by a faster defender. I did this on several occasions (lesser gains of course) and was able to get out of tackles quite frequently hitting the spin and juke buttons.

The passing game is pretty much the same. The same routes are almost always open against the same coverages and the pass rush appears to be non existent if you do not blitz or set the d-line to aggressive.

I hate the new camera as it makes user picks/catches very hard for me. Hopefully, I'll get used to it.
                      So, better, worse, or about what you thought it'd be?

Comment

• godspeed
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by CLW
                        Perhaps it was just one game but it appears somewhat too easy to branch out of tackles. I was Vandy (my opponent Miss St) and my RB went wild in the game. On one run he was about to be tackled by two guys and the tackle animation started I hit the spin button and the two defenders fell to the ground and I raced down the field for a 70+ yard gain only to be caught from behind by a faster defender. I did this on several occasions (lesser gains of course) and was able to get out of tackles quite frequently hitting the spin and juke buttons.
                        Hawkins has like 85 for break tackles and 85 for trucking, I used him once and he was a really good all around back.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                          Posts a lot
                          • Jun 2009

Noticing that zone coverage still has issues with CB's covering ghosts in the flats and letting receivers run past them for easy big gains.

Comment

• jms493
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                            But how about the button hooks
                            The button hook are dangerous this year..in practice I was throwing picks like made.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                              RIP West
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                              Can't knock that school much though. Dan Wilson is a Minnesota product.
                              Dan wilson was a beast

Comment

• Bomberooski
                                #GoHawks
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Potatoes002
                                Dan wilson was a beast
                                Favorite player of all time.
                                I give rep not thanks
                                My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

Working...