• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden Taters
    RIP West
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Bomberooski
    Favorite player of all time.
    Im gonna have to go with Griffey or Edgar or John Olerud or Aaron Sele :sheep:
    And then dan wilson :D

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

I think Passing is slanted toward the offense again, but nothing compare to what is was last year.

The difference Bomber....if you call the right blitz you can get there in time to negat the hook play.

Comment

• FlawLeSs
        South Beach Talent
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Potatoes002
        Yes but on 4th and 1 or 4th and inches he will slide with the ball by his hips so I dont gain any yards at all
        this will be so gay if thats all he can do
        www.youtube.com/kingoffla

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

I think that's only if you do the Goal Line one. If you do QB sneaks out of I-form you can still control the QB.
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Golden Taters
            RIP West
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
            I think that's only if you do the Goal Line one. If you do QB sneaks out of I-form you can still control the QB.
            Thats gay. If that is true then they should patch it with a better slide, you dont even gain any inches the way your qb slides its retarded.

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

I kinda understand why they do it, but I've already had it once where I didn't score on the 1 because he just kinda fell.

I totally understand why it was done but yeah I'd like to see a bit of a lunge or some forward movement not a complete fall down.
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• BDawg35
                Murkin' n doin' time
                • Feb 2009

Not ballin' these days (long story), but it sounds like I'm not missing a thing.

The rosters being screwed up like I hear they were is unforgivable and just shows how lazy EA can get with one of the biggest details of the game.

The jump-the-snap B.S. still "in the game" would piss me off. I've always hated it. The CPU always gets perfect jumps, which makes the inside run game more difficult than it needs to be (based on NCAA '08 and '09).

They STILL haven't done anything with atmosphere? Atmosphere is HUGE in college football. This might as well be Madden with college football uniforms and stadiums (well, SOME of the stadiums).

Hate on, my bruthaz ... hate on!!!

Comment

• Maynard
                  stupid ass titles
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                  The button hook are dangerous this year..in practice I was throwing picks like made.
                  yep....i have yet to complete a pass on this route and threw a ton of picks.

Comment

• Joey P
                    Smells like sex in here
                    • Nov 2008

LOL @ all the ones not enjoying the game.

I auto named my rosters and having one helluva time playing this game. The new Player lock and Defensive scheme thingy are great upgrades.

Nice game, even with the Tron running..

"Tron jog. Tron jogging"

LMAO

Comment

• Realist
                      • Mar 2009

I agree this year is better than last years, though it's still pretty average. I'll say above average. I'm finally getting use to the camera and I'm able to make user plays but the game is still lacking. I still feel that QB's are way too accurate. (btw i'm speaking of default sliders because I play online). Having the new madden ratings would have been a lot better. Every QB can't throw deep. All of them can't throw on the run either. I think that should be represented.

I also agree that the option is broken. too many times i've seen the QB be on his way down and still get off a perfect pitch.

There is a pass rush(at least better than last year), but I think it could be better. On the flip side on offense, i'm still seeing dumb OL letting the DL go around them way too often. also, leaving RB's in to block is iffy as well. you can have 6 blockers vs 4 DL and sometimes 3 of the blockers will allow one DL to run right around them.

On D, it is a little tighter than last year. DB's can make play on the ball more this year. I still think the offense has an advantage though. They need to bring back the ability to hide your defense. They also need to bring back WR shading. Post routes and in routes are still too effective. With WR shading, if I know my opponent is going inside, I should be able to shade my corner that way. The way it is now, you can only pray that your CB plays the play right. Either that, or play zone, but even that is still hit and miss. players dont cover their zones, or help out if someone isn't in their zone the way they should. I still feel like, I have to be the person to make plays on defense because I dont fully trust my CPU teammates to get the job done. If I have a shutdown corner, there is no reason teams should be throwing against him like he is a regular every day CB.

All in all, I do like the game. With that said, if Madden is as good as I hope, i'll probably be playing that more this year. I only played NCAA more last year because of the Online Dynasty and I hated Madden 09.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Only played a few games...here are some initial impressions/criticisms/things they MUST do next year.

- Speed of the game is INSANELY high. This needs to be toned down dramatically.

- This development team needs to take a quote from Ian Cummings and make it happen...Ian said "we watched a football game and compared it to Madden and there were _________ number of things the broadcast had that the game didn't"...well, this development team really needs to work on the presentation aspect of the game. Go ahead and watch several football games...major programs, rivalry games, bowl games, small un-televised games, etc. and start making the presentation of games more appropriate. This will add to the atmosphere that people are talking about. This is a pre-requisite for NCAA 2011. This is college football and I want it to feel like college football. That means team specific entrances and EVERY stadium in the game, cut screens that show the atmosphere, stadiums that fluctuate noticeably in attendance, etc. This needs a dramatic overhaul in every way.

- The menus in 2010 are so terribly clunky and everything so hidden...its terrible. Again, take a hint from the Madden team and focus on something new with the interface and how information is presented.

- Sliders are tired, old, and the same ole. If sliders were A) effective and B) more vast and varied, it would cover up a lot of the flaws of the game that comes straight out of the box. Game speed is a prime example. If there was a speed slider, game speed would be a non-issue as I'd use the slider to what I want. If the bullet passes in the game are too much, I would lower "QB Power" for example. Everything and anything needs to be customizable in terms of gameplay via a slider. NHL and the NBA2K series have done a good job with this and it needs to happen yesterday.

- Much like the Madden team, the NCAA devs need to rework what it attrbutes mean. Too many highly rated guys and progression is still a bit off. They need to tone down "overalls"...one mistake they made this year, is that awareness means a lot less to a players ability, which I think was a mistake. That was a key part of a players development in the past and kept the difference between "football guys" and "athletes" still close.

- If Team Builder has shown me anything, it is this...the NCAA dev team needs to make something like Team Builder available for ROSTERS. The ability to make a roster file in a java/acrobat like applet and then take that file and import it to the game would make roster making 1098232834 easier and would allow the EA team to slack on the rosters as roster makers could easily put together their rosters with edits and the whole 9 in one easy place. Team Builder proved it was possible, now it needs to happen.

-And, the terrible heads of players got to go. I liked it with helmets better. They all look like they are trying to stand and be Superman...kind of ugly.

Thats just it from my first few go arounds with the game.

Gameplay, w/o sliders for a 360 player like myself, makes gameplay an N/A...hopefully the game plays better with a nice set of sliders.

I didn't find pass rush to be overly bad. CPU got to me very well and I had my fair share of sacks.
                        Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 07-17-2009, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                          Posts a lot
                          • Jun 2009

Larry, I think the menus are, for the most part, the same in Madden 10.

Nice write up man. Pretty much how I feel. Especially this:
                          Gameplay, w/o sliders for a 360 player like myself, makes gameplay an N/A...hopefully the game plays better with a nice set of sliders.
                          Waiting for this patch sucks.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
                            Larry, I think the menus are, for the most part, the same in Madden 10.

Nice write up man. Pretty much how I feel. Especially this:

Waiting for this patch sucks.
                            They showed a video of franchise mode, and the menu was nothing like the NCAA series. The main hub looked pretty good actually in franchise from the video.

And, waiting for the sliders is patch is fine, considering we are still waiting on rosters. Can't start a dynasty until that happens.
                            Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 07-18-2009, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                              Buckeye For Life
                              • Dec 2008

I agree with pretty much everything Larry said, and I love that avatar.

Comment

Working...