X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Online games changed to Slow Speed?

Just reading one of the EA guys twitter to check for online franchise notes and saw this

So... pretty big change coming to Madden Online this morning that you should all be happy about. Should be finished in 30 minutes.about 1 hour ago from Tweetie
    Ok, it's done. So, here's the deal. Game speed for all Online head to head games (including Fracnhise) is now SLOW.about 1 hour ago from Tweetie
    Yes, it will affect already created online franchises.

Can anyone confirm if we're all now playing on Slow instead of Normal? There's no option to set your game speed in Online Franchise so we all should be affected by this.
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

I fucking hope not. Slow to me is why I dont like this game sometimes. Too sluggish....uugggghhhh

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by AlterEgo
      I can tell the difference anyway. What is it set on out the box?
      Out the box was slow offline, and normal online.

Comment

• Boucher
        King of EDM
        • Jul 2009

for me I love slow, it felt sluggish in the demo but not in the final game

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

I'm happy about it myself.

It's easy to look at existing Online Chises on AM.

Many of which the running games lack (outside of the big play) and the Passing games overcompensate to make up for it......which leads to more INT's and Defensive TD's....which are too often to begin with.

If you like REAL football you should be happy about this cause the slower speed makes it easier to find your holes running the ball, and to make your reads passing to avoid those INT's.

Comment

• 1ke
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by killgod
            I'm happy about it myself.

It's easy to look at existing Online Chises on AM.

Many of which the running games lack (outside of the big play) and the Passing games overcompensate to make up for it......which leads to more INT's and Defensive TD's....which are too often to begin with.

If you like REAL football you should be happy about this cause the slower speed makes it easier to find your holes running the ball, and to make your reads passing to avoid those INT's.
            KG i do like "REAL football", but...to each is own i guess, i don like slowing shit down, i can see holes and passing lanes anyway.

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
              KG i do like "REAL football", but...to each is own i guess, i don like slowing shit down, i can see holes and passing lanes anyway.
              So in your online games you see realistic rushing and passing consistently?

100 on the ground and around 200 in the air per team? obviously sometimes you'd shut a team down sometimes or give up too many big plays....but this would be a loose estimate at the averages. Would you say it's your averages?

Most games online I've played on AM will have around 40-60 on the ground and 300+ in the air. Not because of lack of trying to run, but because half my rush attempts involve a DL hitting me within a step of touching the ball.

Just curious what you get.

Comment

• 1ke
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Matt
                they need to fix fatigue next, its so bullshit

like having to run the ball with tight ends in the third quarter because every back is too fatigued??
                See that was a waaaaaay bigger issue than game speed. Why the fuck is Jason McKie and Kevin Jones lining up at WR because all of the receivers and TEs are on the sideline vometting.

Comment

• MvP
                  a member of vsn
                  • Oct 2008

YES..great news

Comment

• Rudi
                    #CyCueto
                    • Nov 2008

That shit is too slow for me.

Comment

• Archer
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

Fuck this

I was actually enjoying normal speed . Is this cause some fags complained they couldn't run the ball? seriously?

Comment

• Len B
                        :moonwalk:
                        • Oct 2008

Well all the bad players now got their wish.

Comment

• Realist
                          • Mar 2009

RIP Madden 10...lol

Comment

• dave
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

For the life of me, I can't understand why you can't change an option like this for unranked games.

I can understand ranked (though I think slow game speed is stupid), but unranked?

Why would EA care what we unranked players do?
                            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Realist
                              • Mar 2009

i think having the different speeds is dumb anyway. just have one NORMAL speed and focus on other gameplay issues. i dont want to play normal one day, show the next and fast the day after that..

Comment

Working...