Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rylo
    Corpse Disgracer
    • Oct 2008

"Covered" so I don't have to pay? Sweet.

Comment

• leaffan
      Colton Orr Fan
      • Feb 2009

How long does it seriously take you guys from sending your box out to getting it back.

I've done it twice now (mine and my brothers) I sent it out on a tuesday morning both times and both times got it back that friday afternoon. From the time it actually left the shipping depot to the time I got it back was only 3 days.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

mine took 12 days total when i sent it in.

Rylo, just call MS and they will take care of it. They will send you a box and you take it into a mailbox etc or something to have them send it for you

Comment

• Rylo
          Corpse Disgracer
          • Oct 2008

Dude told me to find a box to fit it in and take it to a UPS location lol.

Since when do they not send boxes?

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rylo
            Dude told me to find a box to fit it in and take it to a UPS location lol.

Since when do they not send boxes?
            Thats what I did. I did everything online and had them give me a shipping label.

It makes the process quicker thats for sure because you don't have to wait a week for the stupid box to show up.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
              How long does it seriously take you guys from sending your box out to getting it back.

I've done it twice now (mine and my brothers) I sent it out on a tuesday morning both times and both times got it back that friday afternoon. From the time it actually left the shipping depot to the time I got it back was only 3 days.
              I've never heard anyone have that quick a turnaround. The quickest I've ever had was about 12 days, like Maynard. I've heard of people a little over a week but never 3 days.

Comment

• leaffan
                Colton Orr Fan
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                I've never heard anyone have that quick a turnaround. The quickest I've ever had was about 12 days, like Maynard. I've heard of people a little over a week but never 3 days.
                All I did was do everything online. I didn't talk to anyone on the phone and I didn't wait for the ups box to show up.

I just printed the shipping label off monday night. Threw it in a box tuesday and dropped it off at the UPS store on tuesday.

On friday around 4 or 5 I got the new xbox back.

I've always done it this way for basically anything electronic (mostly computer parts I've had to send in for warranty) and I never wait for anything to show up. I just select shipping label lol. If anything you have to pay for a shipping box if you don't have one handy.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
                  All I did was do everything online. I didn't talk to anyone on the phone and I didn't wait for the ups box to show up.

I just printed the shipping label off monday night. Threw it in a box tuesday and dropped it off at the UPS store on tuesday.

On friday around 4 or 5 I got the new xbox back.

I've always done it this way for basically anything electronic (mostly computer parts I've had to send in for warranty) and I never wait for anything to show up. I just select shipping label lol. If anything you have to pay for a shipping box if you don't have one handy.
                  That's all well and good but that sounds like that was back when they just sent you another random refurbed console. Now they allegedly fix your actual console so there is zero chance you're getting it back in under a week. More like close to two weeks.

Comment

• leaffan
                    Colton Orr Fan
                    • Feb 2009

That's all well and good but that sounds like that was back when they just sent you another random refurbed console. Now they allegedly fix your actual console so there is zero chance you're getting it back in under a week. More like close to two weeks.
                    Both consoles were sent in and back last month. Both had different serial numbers so I got refurbs which sounds normal to me.

Comment

• Rylo
                      Corpse Disgracer
                      • Oct 2008

Jesus christ this shit is taking forever. Been longer than 2-3 weeks, Microsoft.

Comment

• leaffan
                        Colton Orr Fan
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rylo
                        Jesus christ this shit is taking forever. Been longer than 2-3 weeks, Microsoft.
                        lulz.

I just did one for a friend he sent it out on monday last week and got it back thursday.
                        Last edited by leaffan; 12-22-2009, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                          The Greatest
                          • Feb 2009

Mine took about a week. Got the same exact one I sent in back.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Like I mentioned before my cousin's 360 broke about a month ago (while we were playing Borderlands :headbang. It took them over three weeks to get it back to him. The status just kept showing "repairing". Well, the fucked up thing is that they didn't even send his back to him. Just a refurb. Now WHAT THE FUCK TOOK SO LONG?!? Now he's going through the DRM nonsense with all of his arcade games that he downloaded. I thought they fixed that shit? Unreal.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                              The Greatest
                              • Feb 2009

Like I mentioned before my cousin's 360 broke about a month ago (while we were playing Borderlands :headbang. It took them over three weeks to get it back to him. The status just kept showing "repairing". Well, the fucked up thing is that they didn't even send his back to him. Just a refurb. Now WHAT THE FUCK TOOK SO LONG?!? Now he's going through the DRM nonsense with all of his arcade games that he downloaded. I thought they fixed that shit? Unreal.
                              All he has to do is re-download the games. Not that fucking difficult.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
                                All he has to do is re-download the games. Not that fucking difficult.
                                He's not a retard. He tried that and it doesn't work. He did an internet search and it seems it's a pain in the ass process to get the shit back.

Comment

Working...