X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garrett67
    Glory Hole Monitor
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
    i dont have a face for him.....he was annoying at first but now I get a kick out of him. The cagcast, invisible walls (gametrailers), and Bombcast are my 3 favorite podcasts.

I do kinda like the PC Gamer one a well. I listen to IGN ones when I am out of casts but some of the have some of the most obnoxious, unfunny, uninteresting guys on them (i think it is the Beyond one...ugh). I listen to them on my walk to work and to bust every day and sometimes on the bus if i can stay awake.

I felt the exact same way, especially with his exclamation of every sentence but its kinda cute now LOL
    . Now I love the show as well as bombcast. I listen to them (15 minutes at a time) on my way to work.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
      I think you can have 16 people in on it. Or maybe it's only four...
      That's quite the disparity. LOL.
      Originally posted by Garrett67
      Who else pictures Wombat from CAG podcasts looking like Dick from High Fidelity ?

i dont have a face for him.....he was annoying at first but now I get a kick out of him. The cagcast, invisible walls (gametrailers), and Bombcast are my 3 favorite podcasts.
      I've seen pictures of him posted on CAG that I wish I could get of my mind. He is a giant disgusting fat ass. He looks nothing like that guy you posted I assure you.

I'm actually the complete opposite JMS. At first Wombat was annoying, then I thought he was funny. Now I'm back to him annoying the shit out of me. Shipwreck annoys me too and CheapyD irks the fuck out of me with all of his Apple fanboy shit. I still enjoy the 'cast but sometimes it really grates on me.

As for picturing a podcaster looking way different than they actually are, I remember when I first started listening to the Giant Bombcast. For some reason I pictured Ryan Davis as this skinny hipster looking dude. Yeah, that couldn't have been further off from reality.

Comment

• wingsfan77
        • Aug 2009

I got a Wii and Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword for Christmas which I just started up last night. I'm only 1.5 hours in but I can already tell it's going to be an amazing game.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wingsfan77
          I got a Wii and Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword for Christmas which I just started up last night. I'm only 1.5 hours in but I can already tell it's going to be an amazing game.
          From everything I've heard that game takes forever to get going. People are saying that it doesn't start rolling until about ten hours in and it's like a 40-50 hour game.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

EDF: Insect Armageddon is a lot of fun. It doesn't get much simpler than "Shoot this, shoot that!"

Comment

• Garrett67
              Glory Hole Monitor
              • Feb 2009

I like Giant Bomb and actually, I think Brad is the smartest one of the bunch. Maybe not the best reviewer, I don't know but he is more intelligent than the rest.

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

I like Giant Bomb and actually, I think Brad is the smartest one of the bunch. Maybe not the best reviewer, I don't know but he is more intelligent than the rest.
                Brad, Patrick and Jeff are all pretty smart. Vinnie is like your every man and Ryan is a good host with a good voice and can talk.

Comment

• Garrett67
                  Glory Hole Monitor
                  • Feb 2009

Brad, Patrick and Jeff are all pretty smart. Vinnie is like your every man and Ryan is a good host with a good voice and can talk.

I wasn't implying that Ryan and Jeff are not smart, although it did sound that way. Their show is the best of the bunch really, they are serious most of the time , don't spend the first 30 minutes talking about personal crap that nobody cares about.
                  They do one thing, and that is gaming.

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

GiantBomb has become my primary gaming news/reviews site. I enjoy and respect the content that they put on there.

Comment

• SethMode
                      Master of Mysticism
                      • Feb 2009

Brad is okay, and is definitely extremely book smart, but sometimes he (and Jeff) make some of the DUMBEST arguments I've literally ever heard by people that are considered very respected in their field.

Granted, that is the only podcast about gaming that I've really listened to at any point. I do like Jeff though. Brad is okay and has grown on me, but a lot of times I find him to be a bit of an insufferable douche.

Comment

• Garrett67
                        Glory Hole Monitor
                        • Feb 2009

I think my all time reviewer is Alex Navarro. I'm not sure why, I just have always liked his reviews. I guess I felt they were honest and unbiased.

Comment

• SethMode
                          Master of Mysticism
                          • Feb 2009

I think my all time reviewer is Alex Navarro. I'm not sure why, I just have always liked his reviews. I guess I felt they were honest and unbiased.
                          I really like Navarro too. The few podcasts I've listened to when he's been on I've also liked. It's also crazy to me how much he actually reviews considering he is supposed to technically work for Screened (although all of Whiskey Media's other sites are kind of "meh" to me).

Comment

• CCBrink
                            Awkward Swag
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by wingsfan77
                            I wish I could thank this a million times.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

It's crazy to think that after Saturday, it'll be 2012.

I've fought countless NPC soldiers, saved AND demolished whole cities, won a Super Bowl, created a city-state, beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, survived a zombie apocalypse (twice), was The Batman, slayed dragons, won the Heisman and more in just one short year...

Not even considering the release schedule.

...now I have until October (maybe), to do even more crazy shit.

Comment

• Swarley
                                A Special Kind of Cat
                                • Jul 2010

So I see that Anonymous has threatened to shut down Sony's network again. Fucking douchebags.

Anonymous is upset at Sony for supporting the SOPA act, and is threatening to shut down its network again. The hacker group also threatened Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian, and Taylor Swift.

Here is the full text of their threat:

"Hello, SONY.
                                We are Anonymous.

It has come to the attention of the Anonymous activist community that you have chosen to stand by the Stop Online Piracy Act. This act will halt online businesses and restrict access to many sites for many users. Supporting SOPA is like trying to throw an entire company from off a bridge. Your support to the act is a signed death warrant to SONY Company and Associates. Therefore, yet again, we have decided to destroy your network. We will dismantle your phantom from the internet. Prepare to be extinguished. Justice will be swift, and it will be for the people, whether some like it or not. Sony, you have been warned.

To those doubting our powers. We've infiltrated the servers of Bank of America, The United States Department of Defense, The United Nations, and Lockheed Martin. In one day.

For their approval to SOPA, we have also declared that our fury be brought upon the following persons. Justin Bieber. Lady Gaga. Kim Kardashian. and Taylor Swift.

Operation Blackout, engaged.
                                Operation Mayhem, engaged.
                                Operation LulzXmas, engaged.

We are Anonymous.
                                We are Legion.
                                We do not forgive.
                                We do not forget.
                                Supporters of SOPA, you should've expected us."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjOPXpd9PSU"]Anonymous: Message to SONY on SOPA - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...