• Show
Clear All
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by JayDizzle

*Not mine.

I have 40+.

Luckily I've been playing all the shit I just bought.
    I fucking hate when that happens lol. Seriously.

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

Comment

• ryne candy
        Aggie C/O '01
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle

*Not mine.

I have 40+.

Luckily I've been playing all the shit I just bought.
        I'm in the same boat but worse. I think I have finished no more than 5 games in this next gen era. Yesterday I started Afro Samurai (360) but I'm not even sure I can finish it. Grant it I had just ate but that game actually made me nauseated and almost vomited. I thought it was something else but I tried again this early morning and the same thing happened to me. The camera is horrible, which I had heard in podcasts at the time of release. Being a Wu Tang fan, I do like the music.

edit: Nope...can't play it. Tried one more time and after 10 minutes, started to get a headache and nauseous. I've never had a game made me feel this bad. I can barely even watch any long YouTube videos of the game....weird.

Comment

• ryne candy
          Aggie C/O '01
          • Feb 2009

Looks like I need to buy a new controller for my Xbox. It seems it doesn't want to keep it's connection. The msg asking for me to reconnect my controller keeps popping up when I use my black controller. I thought it might be the battery but when I put the battery on the white controller, it works fine. I'm not that into Xbox controllers (unlike PS3, where I have almost every color) but I really do like the black one over the white one. Seems I can get it from Newegg for $37.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
            Looks like I need to buy a new controller for my Xbox. It seems it doesn't want to keep it's connection. The msg asking for me to reconnect my controller keeps popping up when I use my black controller. I thought it might be the battery but when I put the battery on the white controller, it works fine. I'm not that into Xbox controllers (unlike PS3, where I have almost every color) but I really do like the black one over the white one. Seems I can get it from Newegg for $37.
            Are you having this problem?

Now, this is the issue I've been having with the Gears controller. One of them works fine but the other one constantly turns off. I think I narrowed it down to the battery back just not being seated properly but I have not been able to alleviate the problem.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Speaking of battery backs, does anyone here have any battery backs to 360 controllers they either don't use or don't need? I literally mean the thing that I can pop batteries into to play. I can not for the life of me find the one that goes to my second controller, and I really don't want to buy a whole new controller just to alleviate that issue. Anyone willing to donate one? Shipping and handling on me, of course. Any alternatives would also be welcome.

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by SethMode
                Speaking of battery backs, does anyone here have any battery backs to 360 controllers they either don't use or don't need? I literally mean the thing that I can pop batteries into to play. I can not for the life of me find the one that goes to my second controller, and I really don't want to buy a whole new controller just to alleviate that issue. Anyone willing to donate one? Shipping and handling on me, of course. Any alternatives would also be welcome.
                I might. I'll dig around tomorrow and see.

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

damn that Wedding Mission in Sleeping Dogs....yikes.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                    damn that Wedding Mission in Sleeping Dogs....yikes.
                    I strongly suggest getting that outfit that grants you 15% extra Triad XP and wearing that throughout the game because the Triad XP is seriously screwed.

Comment

• SethMode
                      Master of Mysticism
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                      I strongly suggest getting that outfit that grants you 15% extra Triad XP and wearing that throughout the game because the Triad XP is seriously screwed.
                      I think it is because, as I understand, you can continue to earn Triad points (albeit slowly) even after the story proper is over. But yeah, I agree, I never felt like I was getting enough Triad points.

Unrelated, sometimes I think that the PS3 controller is more advanced than is let on. I have a tendency to play the Show 10 after a night out or while drinking...and a lot of times I in those circumstances will be standing on first with 2 outs and not really paying attention. Now, any normal time this is case, without the drinking, I almost NEVER get thrown over at. When drinking however, I get easily distracted and picked off all the time (and not even picked off...just basically, I stop paying attention, Skynet kicks in, and I get gunned out before I even realize what happens).

So yeah, is the PS3 controller super advanced? Can it sense my distraction?

Comment

• ryne candy
                        Aggie C/O '01
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                        Are you having this problem?

Now, this is the issue I've been having with the Gears controller. One of them works fine but the other one constantly turns off. I think I narrowed it down to the battery back just not being seated properly but I have not been able to alleviate the problem.
                        I'll have to check it out closely tomorrow. The green light doesn't turn off on my black controller, it just starts to rotate one light at a time (disconnected) and the message comes up to reconnect my controller. I did think it had to do something with the controller not keeping contact with the battery pack since the white controller doesn't seem to have this problem.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                          I think it is because, as I understand, you can continue to earn Triad points (albeit slowly) even after the story proper is over. But yeah, I agree, I never felt like I was getting enough Triad points.
                          I'm pretty sure you can earn Face and Cop points when replaying missions too. But you earned way more of those during the proper game and it just built faster when you did earn it. I had the Face meter maxed out around the halfway point and the Cop meter maxed out around three quarters, maybe sooner. The Triad XP is just bullshit. And for some reason I can't get more than two triangles on early missions like Mini Bus Racket, no matter what strategies I use.

ndy;2126682]I'll have to check it out closely tomorrow. The green light doesn't turn off on my black controller, it just starts to rotate one light at a time (disconnected) and the message comes up to reconnect my controller. I did think it had to do something with the controller not keeping contact with the battery pack since the white controller doesn't seem to have this problem.[/QUOTE]
                          I didn't have problems with my old white controllers either. I have a feeling M$ started cutting corners with the more recent ones.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                            Everything Burns...
                            • Nov 2008

Comment

• Maynard
                              stupid ass titles
                              • Feb 2009

i am having a hard time not trolling in the borderlands 2 thread. the amount of Lost Planet hype going on in that thread is unacceptable

Comment

• padman59
                                Slayer of Demons
                                • Mar 2009

I'm finally getting back into The Witcher, and it's probably at the worst time with Borderlands 2 releasing this week. I imagine I've got through the meat of the storytelling in Chapter 3 (which really bogged down the pace), and now there's a ton of quests to do. While I've been able to stay neutral in the major conflict that's going on in the background, I have a feeling that I'm going to have to choose a side soon.

Comment

Working...